• Yes, and play a Warlock

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
I have a level 85 Moonkin / Cat Druid, and about a dozen real life friends asking me to come and play with them (on a different server, and I don't want to pay to move him). I would like to play with them and miss the game (also enjoyed the new content and levelling). If I did return to WoW, I'd have to choose a class to level up, but this wouldn't be difficult. My real question is if I do reactivate my account to play with my friends, what class should I play. They run a fairly large raiding guild, so there isn't any class role they're short of. My decision will be for the most part personal, but I do prefer to have some raid utility. I enjoy doing DPS, and I like to Heal. I love to Tank, but that's just not an option, as it will take too long to get geared up to be competitive. Obviously, I loved my Druid, or else I wouldn't have leveled him up to 85 back when it was a lot slower. However, I'm not sure if I want to roll Druid twice. Other classes I've enjoyed were Hunter, Mage, Priest, Paladin. I don't like DK, Warlock, Shadow Priest due to RP considerations. Warrior and Rogue are less fun for me. I think that only leaves Shaman, and since my buddies are Alliance, that only leaves Dwarf and Draenei... two races I don't like to look at. My favorite race is Night Elf.

Obviously, the counter to the idea of reactivating is what a colossal waste of time this game is. However, at the moment, I don't have a lot going on. Of course, I could use the time on more constructive things...

Simple question for anyone familiar with the game. Thanks for your response.

I had been outta wow since WOTLK and rejoined for Cata, it was a lot of fun and I LOVE the revamp to the old world stuff and I think they did a fantastic job, but I would advise not rejoining if you have better things to do!

I had been outta wow since WOTLK and rejoined for Cata, it was a lot of fun and I LOVE the revamp to the old world stuff and I think they did a fantastic job, but I would advise not rejoining if you have better things to do!

This. Although I have yet to play it for more than a month straight making subbing a complete waste of money for me.

Tried WoW... didn't really like it and the cost to play is prohibitive. I would strongly recommend trying DDO if you already haven't. Reason is there is no cost to play until you reach high levels so you can decide whether you want to pay to play it once you have a feel for the game. Two ways to pay once you want to are 10 USD per month or buy the quests which vary in price; then there is no monthly charge. Also in this game, level is far more important than gear.

Reactions: dream echo
Simple question for anyone familiar with the game. Thanks for your response.

In fairness, after returning to WOWing after a few years off with a few people who I know well, its a very enjoyable experience. Just gotta powerlevel all those chars from 70/60 to 85.

3 for 3 on No; do something better with your time.

The votes are clear. Life has got much better things for you to do with your time. (=

Wow your making me want to play WoW. I rhymed the same word. :D. The only character I ever had was a mage, and got pretty far with him. Up to like 50 or 60 or something. Well, not that far considering the hardcore gamers, but far for me. Anyways, mages suck leveling alone, it's better to have a group with them. They are cool, do the most dps I think.. But you like healing? I never understood the point of wanting to be a healer. Where is the fun in that? They pretty much just stand there and don't do any of the fighting lol. A lot of female players like doing it for some reason.

Reactions: Jill Hives
Wow your making me want to play WoW. I rhymed the same word. :D. The only character I ever had was a mage, and got pretty far with him. Up to like 50 or 60 or something. Well, not that far considering the hardcore gamers, but far for me. Anyways, mages suck leveling alone, it's better to have a group with them. They are cool, do the most dps I think.. But you like healing? I never understood the point of wanting to be a healer. Where is the fun in that? They pretty much just stand there and don't do any of the fighting lol. A lot of female players like doing it for some reason.

Healing is something that appeals to my idealism. In real life, I would LOVE to be a healer, so I keep trying to play out that fantasy in my video games. However, I tend to agree that it's a really difficult thing to stand there and heal while there are bad guys to put the hurt on. I usually end up playing DPS because in real life I'd like to be a Healer but in real life there aren't a bunch of bad guys storming the base. I think that's why I loved my Druid so much. I wasn't limited. I could DPS, Tank, and Heal.

Healing is something that appeals to my idealism. In real life, I would LOVE to be a healer, so I keep trying to play out that fantasy in my video games. However, I tend to agree that it's a really difficult thing to stand there and heal while there are bad guys to put the hurt on. I usually end up playing DPS because in real life I'd like to be a Healer but in real life there aren't a bunch of bad guys storming the base. I think that's why I loved my Druid so much. I wasn't limited. I could DPS, Tank, and Heal.

Sigh, I'm gonna let my nerd show now...

1. Play a Paladin
  2. Spec ret
  3. Get "Art of War"
  4. Use Flash of Light everytime Art of War procs that makes Flash of Light instant, cost no mana, and heal for 100% more
  5. ?????
  6. Profit
That's how you play a healer. A kick ass healer anyway.

I haven't played since Burning Crusade so...I'd have way too much catching up to do. D: I don't have the time anymore.

My vote is play if you want.

Yeah, that's a good character or "toon" if it could do all 3 things. I think this is why I got bored playing with the mage, all it could do was dps. Even though in random dungeons I told everyone I would tank. And then would run in and pull crowds. Then everyone would get pissed and say they weren't saving me any more. Ice mages are cool.

God you are making me want to re-register my account [MENTION=708]VH[/MENTION] I know I really really shouldn't do it. I got things I need to be doing. But it's tempting regardless. If it wasn't a monthly fee I'd probably just play. But since it's 15 per month, it makes you want to get your money's worth and play more. :p

How much time/money do you spend on any other games? If it's zero then I say go for it. A bit of gaming in your life is a good thing, though moderation is essential.

I wouldn't bother because of the monthly fee and I don't think I'd have the time to get the play time out of it to justify the cost. There are plenty of other free MMO's that would satisfy the itch if I ever got it.

The only other mmo I've played was diablo II. That was really cool, I liked it better than WoW but played it like 8-10 years ago. Not sure if there's anyone still playing or what the newest version is.

Whats WoW?? *laughs* *makes mental note of gamer nerds on thread*

Answer is simple: You should play Everquest 2 instead. It is way better than WoW.