Should I or shouldn't I? | INFJ Forum

Should I or shouldn't I?

limegreentree

Sep 8, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Unknown
I'm planning to start university this September and I want to emerge myself in as many things as I can because at school I've been focusing a lot on my revision so haven't focused on other things.

I was looking at societies I could join and have thought about cheerleading. I don't know, I think it would be so fun and different for me and provide me with new opportunities but I'm a bit anxious about it. I don't know how I would deal with the constant pressure of having to perform and everything.

I'm a bit unsure and just looking for advice really.

Any of you been a cheerleader or just have any advice for me?

I think you get the most out of college when you put the most in it. Part of the educational experience is the social aspect. I didn't do cheerleading but I did do theatre. It kept me crazy busy and I loved every minute of it.

this is strictly my opinion mind you, but cheerleading seems to me to be something that you would go for if you were outgoing and liked to perform. if you are apprehensive about that aspect i don't think you would find it much fun.
why not try something similar like gymnastics or dance? you still have the option to perform if you wish but you could also just practice it.

I used to be a cheerleader and judging simply by little that you wrote, you dont have the passion to hang around a bunch of bitchy girls to motivate a sports team. You just seem to be doing it just as an afterthought.

I used to be a cheerleader and judging simply by little that you wrote, you dont have the passion to hang around a bunch of bitchy girls to motivate a sports team. You just seem to be doing it just as an afterthought.

I don't think you're justified in telling me how I feel about this. I actually feel pretty passionate about this and it's pretty ignorant for you to tell me I'm not. I respect your opinion but I feel like you just jumped to conclusions with that one. Sorry that's just how I feel.

this is strictly my opinion mind you, but cheerleading seems to me to be something that you would go for if you were outgoing and liked to perform. if you are apprehensive about that aspect i don't think you would find it much fun.
why not try something similar like gymnastics or dance? you still have the option to perform if you wish but you could also just practice it.

Thanks so much for your response :) I understand what you mean but I'm still probably just gonna take the chance and go for it :)

I don't think you're justified in telling me how I feel about this. I actually feel pretty passionate about this and it's pretty ignorant for you to tell me I'm not. I respect your opinion but I feel like you just jumped to conclusions with that one. Sorry that's just how I feel.

On second thought youll fit right in.

Reactions: Kgal
Thanks so much for your response :) I understand what you mean but I'm still probably just gonna take the chance and go for it :)
well then all the best to ya - i gotta admire your attitude about it anyway :)