Self doubting on a daily basis

PastelpinkPuppy

Regular Poster
Jul 10, 2017
Singapore
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Why do I keep self doubting myself so much... literally everyday I ask myself what if im not an infj after all? What if years later someone exposes me and turns out i was something else after all? I'm not kidding one bit at all when I say everyday im on this hunt for who the heck i am and it's so gruelling to constantly check online and trying to understand mbti. It's making me way too self aware and judgemental nowadays that I dont look at people the same way anymore.

I knew i would still be on this issue of doubting myself even after settling down with infj some months ago. I have most of the traits but why... why just why do i keep being skeptical of myself why cant i just stay put and stop analyzing anymore. I used to think i was infp but not anymore, now i think im a sensor instead. What other things can add to my book of worries, surprise me...
Im so in the moment nowdays and aware of all the things happening after mbti and makes me wonder was i ever lost in my head or was i more in the moment? And what does in mean to get lost in the head, is it thinking till nothing can budge you and making you unaware of the situation or is it just thinking alot but still aware of the situation? I feel like someone who has Se but seems like a total sensor. It's like i think im infj but i just cant settle down once and for all, thoughts keep making me wonder if i am living a lie.

Recently i started doubting twice as much because almost all the members on this forum are complex and brainy people, all who embody the infj's traits for being complicated and such. Where does that leave me? Unknowledgeable, dumb and sweating hard just trying to understand...
i never had an interest to study and work things out and it hindered my learning level since a kid, many things people my age know but im still unaware. Makes me feel stupid quite alot as i had chosen to take the lazy route. Seems like i lack the complexity the most and even my intp friend seemed more infj in terms of easily understanding and having the complexity.

An N has a future mindset, thinks in possibilities, finishes other people's sentences, knows what others are going to say and they think alot more. Yes to this but i kinda think my N is very close to the average S. It's not high at least not to my current knowledge. I keep doubting and doubting if im really infj and ive taken a break from it before only to come back immediately once the week ends, having an obsession with answers....

And somewhere down the road i will once again doubt and continue this mirror maze where i can see myself but cant figure which of them is the real me. Or Im gonna fall into this bottomless pit wondering if there is such a thing as an end or am i fated to just fall forever.

Certain points in my life ive wondered if mbti was a good thing to know or not and it has turned me into a person who analyzes others more than i already do till the point i need to figure out their types otherwise they remain an open box to me. Or im being too self aware of what im saying or doing or coming across, unable to be the old me who didnt put much emphasis on being this aware till every word was scrutinised once it came out of any mouth.
It made me feel unnerved and i cant relax once i come in touch with someone or what they said, it automatically makes me look at their facial features, gestures, the way they talk and sound, and i immediately see if they have Ne or Ti or whatever. I wont be able to look at the same person with the same innocence again because this is now embedded in me.

Yes mbti has also helped me grow and understand others as a person, i also changed my thinking due to that. I used to wonder why things i expected others to know and act accordingly but turns out they didnt catch anything and i would be upset that they didnt bother because to me it was too obvious not to catch, little did i know this knowing came with type as well. And not everybody was attuned to knowing things like intuitives. Mbti also made me aware that people's traits and characteristics meant every person dont do the same and think the same like i once foolishly thought. I too became more understanding because it was the way a type understood things. Doesnt mean i understand something well means others will too. Mbti is a means of understanding the people around you or understanding their actions. It has helped me and i cant say it was all negative.

Have any of you self doubted if you're an infj before till evidences and insights dont seem to work as effectively anymore?

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
@PastelpinkPuppy ICR to what you write about where you're at. Your answers will come. ;) We all go through periods of confusion and self-doubt. I used to think my left foot was nailed to the floor while my right foot kept me walking in circles. I thought I was a big zero-turn loser. I still get my mind entangled with understanding myself and others. But, I keep humor in the mix, because at the end of the day, it's important to relax and just be.

This video is to help you smile, maybe chuckle even. A humorous take on how to tell you are not an INFJ...enjoy :D

@PastelpinkPuppy

Reading what you wrote definitely strikes a chord with me. We're constantly evolving and growing with what life throws at us. We're always at odds with our hearts and our minds. Every single one of us is an individual with a multitude of facets to our personality that is formed by our thoughts and the people that leave an impact on us. There simply is no "cookie-cutter" version, but there are similarities we all share. Questioning ourselves to the point that everything becomes jumbled is just one of these similarities. Learning to trust your instincts, learning to be true to yourself after finding what "self" really means... It's an ongoing process.

You said that you find many here to be brainy individuals. I share that same opinion with you. It's one of the many reasons why I love the people here. But you haven't recognized your own intelligence. Knowing facts about a bunch of things doesn't make you smart, it means you have a good memory. How you apply your own knowledge to your life is a mark of intelligence, and you're doing just that, right now.

Whether or not you find that INFJ fits you best, I hope that you continue on your journey to learn more about yourself and how the world interacts with you and you with it. Regardless of mbti type, that's pretty invaluable information for one to have. I wish you luck in your journey, and remember what @Sandie33 nodded to... embrace the humor along this journey.

@PastelpinkPuppy ICR to what you write about where you're at. Your answers will come. ;) We all go through periods of confusion and self-doubt. I used to think my left foot was nailed to the floor while my right foot kept me walking in circles. I thought I was a big zero-turn loser. I still get my mind entangled with understanding myself and others. But, I keep humor in the mix, because at the end of the day, it's important to relax and just be.

This video is to help you smile, maybe chuckle even. A humorous take on how to tell you are not an INFJ...enjoy :D
Thank you Sandie33, i think i need a huge dosage of chill, i intend to go back to my books soon and lay off the phone for quite awhile. Btw that video, we need people like her, to stop those who are obsessing over mbti too much.

@PastelpinkPuppy

Reading what you wrote definitely strikes a chord with me. We're constantly evolving and growing with what life throws at us. We're always at odds with our hearts and our minds. Every single one of us is an individual with a multitude of facets to our personality that is formed by our thoughts and the people that leave an impact on us. There simply is no "cookie-cutter" version, but there are similarities we all share. Questioning ourselves to the point that everything becomes jumbled is just one of these similarities. Learning to trust your instincts, learning to be true to yourself after finding what "self" really means... It's an ongoing process.

You said that you find many here to be brainy individuals. I share that same opinion with you. It's one of the many reasons why I love the people here. But you haven't recognized your own intelligence. Knowing facts about a bunch of things doesn't make you smart, it means you have a good memory. How you apply your own knowledge to your life is a mark of intelligence, and you're doing just that, right now.

Whether or not you find that INFJ fits you best, I hope that you continue on your journey to learn more about yourself and how the world interacts with you and you with it. Regardless of mbti type, that's pretty invaluable information for one to have. I wish you luck in your journey, and remember what @Sandie33 nodded to... embrace the humor along this journey.
Thank you for your encouragements guys, i appreciate the time taken to try and lift my spirits❤️

Allow yourself to be more complex than a type description.. because you are! Just go with what you find and accept it. Don't worry about fitting into a type. Everyone transcends type. It's not a science.
Maybe i dont fit into the complex that this type is and find im simple minded, but thank you as well acd, it's nice to hear people giving encouragements, otherwise im gonna feel lonely once more.