Second Mona Lisa found | INFJ Forum

Second Mona Lisa found

I watched the movie Monuments Men last weekend and was surprised to see what happened to the Art of Europe during WWII. While it's a work of fiction it is based upon a Non-fiction book...

" ...The Monuments Men is a 2014 American-German[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] war film directed by George Clooney, written and produced by Clooney and Grant Heslov, and starring Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Jean Dujardin, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville, and Cate Blanchett. Loosely based on the non-fiction book, The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History, by Robert M. Edsel, the film follows an allied group, the Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives program, tasked with finding and saving pieces of art and other culturally important items before their destruction by Hitler during World War II.[SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP].."

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more "hidden treasures" come to light in the coming year.

After watching the movie I was saddened to see such creativity and cultural heritage go up in flames. This is exciting to see another Mona Lisa....another aspect of society come before the public to be treasured. :)