Arnold

One
May 4, 2017
Northern Ireland
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6/9
Hey, guys. I'm new to this forum, but thought I'd post for a little advice...

I have progressed to the second round of interviews for a local building society, and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it. The interview is tomorrow, and although I've spent hours preparing - I have a certain knack for freezing-up when being interviewed. I hesitate, and my hesitations are only punctuated by long pauses. When I do talk I tend to ramble. Goodness knows how I've managed to secure a second interview, but I'm sure it's going to be a lot tighter than the first to actually get the job. I've never had a second interview before and was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Arnold.

Reactions: invisible
Well I don't know anything about the circumstance as far as how the first interview was set up or how the second one will operate, but generally each progression of the interview process is more and more about getting to know who you really are and whether you'll fit well in the company and work well with others. Just try to be yourself as much as possible without saying anything too personal or emotionally charged. Pretend you are chatting with an interesting person on an elevator. You're curious about them and want to have a good conversation. You don't *really* know them so you don't want to tell them how you ate a bad burrito last night or that your best friend has the worst halitosis, but they seem friendly and you want to share and be happy in that brief moment. And also you want them to go away knowing what you have to offer.

Be yourself. Generally people just want to know that they can work with you. That you want to learn what you can and want to work hard so that the company can be successful and that you can be as well.
If you want to impress, take a little time to learn about the company. It doesn't have to be much. Do a quick search online, find their mission statement and say a few positive things about that.

Well, this thread is pretty old, but I think people always deal with this questions so I will share my story. Back in times, my first interview was for university approval. As I was going to Europe and was going to study in german, this was double killing me...interview+foreign language+foreign culture. So I went on youtube and watched as many videos as I could. Many of them were explaining how to answer correctly on such questions. Then I have found a website, I am sure it was this one https://icebreakerquestions.info
There was a great collection of possible questions and I prepared answers. I passed! So always prepare...but who knows, you can always get dumb questions as I got ones
”How many panes are in this moment in the air?”...awkward moment

Reactions: Sandie33