Seasonal Male Hormone Cycles? | INFJ Forum

Seasonal Male Hormone Cycles?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16771

Hello all,

I have a question - directed more towards the men here; do any of you experience seasonal variations in mood or temperament?

I'm thinking specifically of testosterone really and that feeling of 'power' - the confidence, aggression, tightness in the muscles, &c.

Personally, I've noticed this for a few years, but I definitely seem to peak in the winter (December) , then steady for the rest of the year, with a dip in mood around late August.

I've literally just had to go for a long walk and listen to heavy music as I had too much of that aggressive energy to really relax at home. I needed to exert myself in some way. I reckon I've just switched into winter mode or something - to do with my First Men ancestry and fighting White Walkers probably :hmmm:

So what do you think? Do you guys experience this or not?

Hello all,

I have a question - directed more towards the men here; do any of you experience seasonal variations in mood or temperament?
I don't, my variations in mood are consistently event-related.

So what do you think?
There's definitely something to the idea.

I don't know about seasonally (aside from the RSAD I have) but I definitely got some weird manly cycle shit goin on. It's not super consistent as far as I can tell though. But I've never charted it in any serious capacity either. With my RSAD I'm always down in the spring and up in the fall, but I've learned to regulate my temperature which helps keep me in better spirits all year round. I need cold or I get irritable.

I'm not a dude, but my body is definitely affected by seasonal change.

Spring/summer = all good.
Fall/winter = stress, tension, migraines.

I did an experiment with vitamin D from a lot of - and consistent sun exposure this year, and my hormone system responded with total balance (everything seemed to be distributed where it was supposed to, first and foremost physically). Now that I don't get as much sun, things are not as running as smoothly.

I'm considering buying a UVB lamp at the moment. I for some reason don't feel like supplements would give the same results :sweatsmile:

I'm considering buying a UVB lamp at the moment.

I've got a friend who did this and it helped them. They also had a B12 deficiency and taking that helped too.

knowing that it actually works (beyond the placebo effect). :relaxed:

Could still be placebo, I have no idea tbh but placebo is incredibly powerful nonetheless

Could still be placebo, I have no idea tbh but placebo is incredibly powerful nonetheless

Did you have to say that?? Now I probably won't bother :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I get what you mean though. I'm not against placebo as long as it's not concealing an underlying progressive problem. I don't want to do all the (sensory overload) research to find out what's wrong and what I need at this point. So I guess I'll just go with what the smart people say :sweatsmile:

So I guess I'll just go with what the smart people say :sweatsmile:

Smart people are pretty dumb

try-all-the-things.jpg

Reactions: Infjente