Scientists Teleport Matter More Than Three Feet | INFJ Forum

Scientists Teleport Matter More Than Three Feet

The title is misleading. They're not transporting matter, they're mostly transporting quantum spin data over large distances in an instant. Meaning, changing the state of one particle instantly changes another one despite the distance. There is absolutely no time gap at all. Big difference between transporting matter. Nevertheless, this does not invalidate this advancement of science! I approve!

Reactions: Nixie
As Indigo points out, this is a demonstration of quantum entanglement, not teleportation. It does highlight a gap in our understanding of information transfer, however, hinting at upcoming breakthroughs.

@IndigoSensor It's the title of the article btw. I just cut it from the article and posted it in the thread title. I was a bit confused by it too, as the body clearly states that information was transported, and not mass. Still, fascinating.

There are some hypotheses based on the premise that we're thinking about non-locality in a fundamentally incorrect way. In particular, that there really aren't two "connected" particles at all - but rather one particle which is existing within a unified whole that has no discrete points. If you're a physics layman, an interesting book exploring this concept (among others) is "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot.

In there, he shares an interesting analogy by David Bohm to help illustrate this:

thu_01.jpg

thu_02.jpg

thu_03.jpg