Schizotypal Personality Test | INFJ Forum

Schizotypal Personality Test

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
http://themachine1.110mb.com/spq.html

Ideas of reference: 9 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Excessive social anxiety: 7.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 6.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 9 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 7 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 7.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 9 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 6.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 8 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 70 out of 74

I dont like this. Partly because some of the things in here aren't inherrently bad things. Not to mention it makes out some forms of spirituality (in particular, mine) to be something of a fantasy. Not a good test IMO:

Ideas of reference: 4 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Excessive social anxiety: 3.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 3 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 4.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 3.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 3 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 1 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 32.5 out of 74

I dont like this. Partly because some of the things in here aren't inherrently bad things. Not to mention it makes out some forms of spirituality (in particular, mine) to be something of a fantasy. Not a good test IMO:

Unusual perceptual experiences: 3 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 3.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 3 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 32.5 out of 74

Hmm I see where your coming with this argument, I myself felt the test was a bit bad but the description of schizotypal behavior unders its description in the DSM involves such experience, of course psychologists throughout history have always tried to classify people who believe in ideals that are not common as not really normal, I see it more as individualism and well that in fact I am indeed different just like being an INFJ is being different from what society expects from me. Really Slant made a good point in stating that technically a disorder is having certain behaviors that are not common among society which in theory this should include INFJ's so my definition of disorder is not necessarily something negative but it is something that gives me individualism as I believe I am in stable sanity.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how it seems like almost anyone can be 'typed' with something? That's why I go to the doctor when I'm worried about stuff.

I scored low on this one, but if they have an OCD test out there, or even a Hypochondria test, I'm not convinced I would pass! *Big hugs Raccoon!*

Reactions: Raccoon Love
so many questions...im not skitzotypal so im not gonna bother taking it lol

Isn't it funny how it seems like almost anyone can be 'typed' with something? That's why I go to the doctor when I'm worried about stuff.

I scored low on this one, but if they have an OCD test out there, or even a Hypochondria test, I'm not convinced I would pass! *Big hugs Raccoon!*

Exactly lol, psychologists have come up with so many disorders that they considered abnormal that well it can basically cover the entire population! We all have our habits that are viewed different by society whether we like to admit it or not, so in the end I see it is best to take this tests to see who you are and how to improve yourself rather than just diagnosing yourself with sickness, there is nothing wrong with being different.

Reactions: Moxie
Ideas of reference: 4.5 out of 9 (unsure: 3)
Excessive social anxiety: 6 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 1 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 2 out of 9 (unsure: 1)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 0.5 out of 7 (unsure: 4)
No close friends: 4.5 out of 9 (unsure: 1)
Odd speech : 4 out of 9 (unsure: 1)
Constricted affect: 4.5 out of 8 (unsure: 1)
Suspiciousness: 2 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 29 out of 74

I dont really see what the purpose of the test is. The result is kinda weird.. just telling me my answers.. which I already knew.

Exactly lol, psychologists have come up with so many disorders that they considered abnormal that well it can basically cover the entire population! We all have our habits that are viewed different by society whether we like to admit it or not, so in the end I see it is best to take this tests to see who you are and how to improve yourself rather than just diagnosing yourself with sickness, there is nothing wrong with being different.

I kinda agree on this one. But what should be considered with disorders is if it is healthy for the individual. I dont know how to measure that. But I think its important to keep that in mind when people get diagnosed with disorders.

My score on this was low-ish.

But I also thought the questions seemed designed to make NFs (or even introverted people) question their sanity. Of course, you can all see through things like this, yes? So no worries.

:m045:

Last edited:
I guess this means I'm half crazy?

Ideas of reference: 6 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Excessive social anxiety: 2.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 4.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 6.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 0.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 6 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 3.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 3.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 38 out of 74

Ok, this test is definitely messed up because I'm nuts and yall scored higher than I did.

The elements of "magical thinking" on this test are biased against NF.

I mean really, "Do you ever think people are talking about you behind your back?" Duh!!! Where I work EVERYONE is talking about EVERYONE else behind their back. its like Frickin Survivor where I work.
Bad test.

Last edited:
Ideas of reference: 1 out of 9 (unsure: 1)
Excessive social anxiety: 4.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 0.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 2.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 2.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 4.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 7 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 2.5 out of 8 (unsure: 2)
Total SPQ-A: 30 out of 74

I'm not sure what any of this means. I sometimes wonder if I am schizotypal.. at least just a little. I don't put too much stock into having friends and being close with people. (Unless it's family or someone I want to know and be close with. But that's rare.)

A big one for me is that I have a difficult time conforming to social cues such as eye contact and smiles and other warmth actions while conversing. I'm socially clumsy and careless, in sum.

Last edited:
Raccoon, i don't know if you think you have a personality disorder or not, but you should know that personality disorders take a long time to form, and it is very difficult to have one before your early 20s at the earliest. If you have the symptoms of some disorders, which I'm sure, given your situation, you do (which isn't a bad thing necessary- I had some issues as well), it will classify you as having a disorder-- but I just wanted to say that the issue, I think, is much more with your environment than it is with you. We define ourselves through our interactions with others, and we are not static entities, and I think that once you get into a better environment and have more positive interactions with others in real life, you will easily manifest much better behavior because I think the problem lies much more with your circumstances than it does with you.

Sorry if that was uncalled for.

edit: and by "better behavior", I mean better in the sense that you are not subject to so much pain and anxiety.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Ideas of reference: 9 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Excessive social anxiety: 7 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 7 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 9 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 7 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 3.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 8.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 4.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 6 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 61.5 out of 74

Ideas of reference: 2.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 1.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 0.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 2.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 1 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 2 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 2.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 17 out of 74

I'm in high school- of course someone is going to think I'm weird, or talk crap about me. ANYWAYS, my score is pretty low.

Excessive social anxiety: 2.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Odd beliefs or magical thinking: 4.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 3.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 5.5 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 6.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 2.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 3 out of 8 (unsure: 0)

Total SPQ-A: 36.5 out of 74

very subtle...

Ideas of reference: 0 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Excessive social anxiety: 0.5 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Unusual perceptual experiences: 1 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd or eccentric behavior: 3 out of 7 (unsure: 0)
No close friends: 1 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Odd speech : 1.5 out of 9 (unsure: 0)
Constricted affect: 0 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Suspiciousness: 0 out of 8 (unsure: 0)
Total SPQ-A: 12 out of 74

This probably a good test, but very subtle, the way a psychological test should be. Think about how subtle psychological abberations can be. The word abberation is in itself perjorative, but to me it just means we are different from so-called "normal" in one way or another. I don't care to be normal. I do want to be balanced, however. Again, I guess all of the therapy has worked! Rick

Pah! Hogwash!