Schizophrenia and Faith- My Battle | INFJ Forum

Schizophrenia and Faith- My Battle

Mar 12, 2013
MBTI
iNtuition
Enneagram
I am a Christian and a schizophrenic at age twenty. This thread is created in order for others to understand the war it takes to believe in the truth despite mental illness. I have lost my mind and gained it back through help from others this past year. However, among the severe delusions I believe I have had several encounters with spiritual and supernatural phenomenon. I've discerned for myself what is truth and what is delusion. Now I will testify my experience so others may hopefully learn what I have learned about God. This thread will be organized into under ten chapters and individual posts daily so all the information will be easier to read. Whether you end up believing that I am wholly insane or that I have, in fact, had fascinating experiences with the other side, I will leave this up to your discernment. Either way I have hope this will be a very interesting read for the public here.

Chapter 1: The Prophecy
Chapter 2: "Family Chat"
Chapter 3: Miracles in the Silence
Chapter 4: A Leader Rises
Chapter 5: Hate Your Family
Chapter 6: Hope through Homelessness
Chapter 7: She Love Me, She Loves Me Not
Chapter 8: The Truth is Clear

Last edited:
Chapter One: The Prophecy
This chapter is about paranormal happenings before I began to break down mentally and my interaction with my girlfriend. I'll start with my ex-girlfriend as she pops in and out of this story of mine.

At age 17, I had the most beautiful girlfriend. I loved her very, very, very much. She was afraid to have sex and I stood by her side for seven months, never pushing her to do anything she didn't want to do. I was saving myself for when she was ready to partake in making love. It came crashing down to an end when while I was on vacation, she partied with one of her friends and ended up sleeping with another man. I was heart broken to find out when I came back and to top it all off she broke up with me. She ended up telling me later on that she slept with the same man again and another one in addition. She later attended another party where she was raped by one of my friends and his girlfriend. I was saving myself for her, and she left me in the dust. My heart was broken and for six months I was in the most depressive state of my life and ended up dropping out of school because of it.

At age eighteen, I met a woman who's eyes I could not look into. When I looked her in the eye behind the cashier at work, I saw a great depth and felt she could look right through me, and turned my head quickly away. I will never forget this occurrence and I must tell you because I have a feeling she may be the most spiritual person I never met. I read it in her eyes. She was running through my head before the next two occurrences happened.

The first happened about a year later. I was contemplating paranormal phenomenon at the time and was sitting on my couch at night. The couch was lying against the westward wall and my head was closer to the southern. I was gazing at the northern wall where there was a window and I was peering at a lamp through the window's reflection. The lamp was located at the south-eastern corner. What happened next I cannot explain. A shadow shaped like a bird flew across the southern wall in the reflection BEHIND the lamp when looking through the reflection. The strange part about this was that there was no substance for the shadow to be cast. There should have been a substance between the lamp and the southern wall, but there was not. I started to grow very afraid and immediately I felt a reassuring presence. Again, I grew afraid and felt the presence loosen up my muscles again. This happened around nine times within fifteen seconds. Where the shadow came from, I believe cannot be described through normal means.

A second occurrence happened. I was writing a poem about a wolf who was in love with the moon. I finished the first part which was the wolf speaking saying he was chasing the moon (me). It was terrible poetry, rhyming one line with the one following every two lines. It had no syntax and when counting the syllables they didn't match. (ex: You1 begin2 to1 walk1 toward2 your1 car1, *9* it1 was1 far.1 *3*) However, as I began to start the moon's rebuttal, I suddenly experienced something incredible. I was not thinking at all as I began to write and it gushed out through tears. Here it is:

Yes, my dear 3
I hear you come 4(^+3=7^)
Howl till your battle's won 7
Till light fades and my bonds break 7
Till the earth beneath you quakes 7
Till all that's happened is justified 9
Till all you cherish is realized 9
Till all the matters is you and I 9
I hear you come. 4

I wrote these words with no plan like I'd had for the wolf's part and they flowed out of me through tears. It might be the most beautiful poem I've read. The order and syntax was perfect, the rhyming complete different from the wolf's rhymes as if they were not my own. Everything clicked together perfectly. I remember hearing that Lady Gaga had a similar experience where the words and music flowed out of her. I took this poem to heart and memorized it. I now believe it was some sort of prophecy for my destiny. However, I will leave it up to you to decide.

At age 19, my mother passed away. I was at the wake when the ex-girlfriend and her mother came to show support. As she approached me she said "I hope it's OK for me to come." I said "of course it is," though hardly meant it. She came up and gave me a hug. I absolutely fell apart and could hardly stand. I felt the words "CHEATER. SLUT. WHORE." physical PULSATE through my head three times for each word in rapid succession. I never had this happen to me before and I never said it, but they were not normal thoughts because they had a physical impact on me. I put my hand to my head in the strain as the words rang through my head. Her mother saw my face as I was hugging her. She expressed a surprised look like "Oh, shoot" and quickly got out of my field of vision. Despite the immense pain I felt an erection coming up. I mention this for you to understand, I loved this girl with all my heart. She was the only one I've ever longed for and when I was with her I was never tempted to think about other women. She alone satisfied my sexuality. I loved her with a deep, deep love and was not shocked at my reaction to her touch. It just hurt.

I messaged her later and asked if she'd like to hang out. She said yes, then backed out. Thrice. I kept texting her and she started to be very cruel to me again. She was passive aggressive and did everything in her power to make me bleed for a couple months of texting. She never texted me, I always texted her. She always replied. However, I could not stop as I still loved her with the deepest of loves. The pain was unbearable. It was a war between my love and her utter hatred. It was as though she wanted me to suffer for her fun. I messaged her little sister and she to began to take part in hacking at my psyche. It was pure evil the way they treated me. They wanted to watch me burn. This went on for a few months. I didn't talk to anyone else but her. She was all I wanted. I kept telling her I loved her and she kept at it despite my mother's recent death. She acted without any consideration for my feeling. However, the worst part was her sister.

Her sister said things that were happening to her that were absolutely horrible. I thought the sister was doing this because she was raped by her father. This could be considered as a delusion but I thought it was intuition because I had heard of him doing sketchy things with her before. Therefore I believed it was the reason for both of their hate. With each word she said I felt FEAR arise in me. An abnormal fear. It started breaking my mind apart. I felt it grip my core and my heart. She kept berating me with these words, laughing. Every sentence she sent me gripped my heart with FEAR. I said "keep telling me more." She did, each sentence causing the same reaction. She was impressing this hate on my core. I told her "I love you." (unconditionally) I repeated it again. I felt a hole in my head as if it was coming from my third eye, the love unconditional pouring out of it, like the chakra point. It came from my head. She immediately stopped talking to me after this and said, "I gotta go, peace!"

One day I bought cigarettes at a gas station. I WAS FALLING APART. My psyche, everything. The man said without me saying a word, "Don't go near those two. Don't go near those two." He said other things but I only heard his last word. "Entrapment." I repeated this word back to him through strain and he nodded. They had me entrapped in a martyr complex. It was as though he knew exactly what was going on and experienced it before. I told them "if you come to my mother's funeral I will kill you both!" "Don't you dare come!" A few hours later though I thought I understood what he meant. Demons. Demons possessed them. I started saying to her sister, "Demons!" "You're possessed by demons!" "I believe in Jesus Christ!" "Come out!" I had a new found faith.

This is just the prelude. The real events start happening in the next chapter. You see, I believe the demons came for me because of this. However, it may be considered as a delusion instead. If you believe it is delusion, understand that they are what caused the delusion in me. I'll leave that up to you in the next chapter.

Hi UL. In the event of the existence of a supreme being, such a being - to create the universe - must have ultimate power. Power is knowledge. Knowledge is to understand. To understand a wrong provides the facility to know the why, and in that provides the ability to forgive. By correlation, ultimate power = ultimate forgiveness.

Now let us consider heaven and hell. Given that ultimate power = ultimate forgiveness, can hell exist? No. No supreme being could tolerate even the suggestion of eternal agony. Therefore, with no hell, deamons do not exist.

Now, unfortunately, due to some admittedly fucked up shit, you've become unhinged. It's easier than you might believe. First, cut off all contact with the two girls. Your love is consuming you and feeding back into your mind negatively because what you project is not being reflected by reality causing a desync between your internal perception, and external sense.

Next, go to a doctor. You don't need to tell anyone you're going. Find a psychological assistant and tell them you're having an immediate crisis. If you cannot find one, dial 911.

All the best bro, but don't worry you're not as crazy as you think, you've just been derailed. Chill, and make the call.

Ultimate forgiveness was brought to us through Jesus Christ. We receive salvation from punishment through His mercy in sending His Son. Someone MUST pay for your crimes.

God is just. Also, God is judge.

How can God, who is righteous, allow for sin to be present in His kingdom? If a person decides to disobey God's commandments, then how can the two function together? You see, God has given us free will to choose to serve Him or ourselves/others. That is a precious treasure He has given to us. There are two different paths: Toward Him or away. Free will opens up the path for the wicked. The wicked must be judged. They have chosen a path opposite of the Lord. Wickedness and Righteousness cannot co-exist. No one can serve two masters. God is not wicked. Therefore, as righteous Judge, the wicked must pay for their crimes. This is why hell and salvation were created. Also you said hell needs to exist for demons to exist. However, demons were created before hell. They were once angels who have chosen a path opposite of the Lord's Will. Hell now exists because of evil, as punishment. they are banned from His kingdom for they have turned against Him.

I appreciate your concern very, very much. I have been to three different hospitals, am currently on medication, and have cut off contact with the girls now. They still pop in and out of the story. I haven't even begun to tell you what has happened to be. The second of under ten chapters will appear tomorrow. What you know so far has merely touched the surface.

Wow. Thank you for sharing your story!

Some people are not going to know how to classify your experience as they have no grid for understanding something like this.

I'm not convinced you are delusional. It seems you've certainly come through a real battle.

Let there be peace, healing and complete restoration to you!

In the previous chapter I forgot to mention I told the ex's sister that I would "take it" for her. I believed she was cursed. Also, I promised the ex that I would always be there for her and her sister, I would always stand by their side. I cannot break my promise. Therefore, I pray that God blesses my future interactions with them.

I wish to tell you a little more about myself. If I desired to become a member, I have an IQ high enough to join the MENSA group. Also, I dropped out of high school due to sever social anxiety and depression. However, after taking the GED practice test I was told I did the best of anyone he's ever seen (straight out of 10th grade) and passed the GED in the top 1% without any practice. I tell you this not boost my credibility, but to give you further insight into my character.

Chapter Two: "Family Chat"

Without further adieu, I will continue to tell my story. This brings us to the night of the demonic attack. As I said in the previous chapter, the demons wanted me. It was 5:00 at night about a year ago and I was in my room relaxing. I was at my grandparents' house and my father came over on a day he usually doesn't. I was told to come upstairs and sit at the kitchen table along with the three of them (both my grandparents and my dad.) The topic? That I was delusional and needed to seek help. There was no true evidence to suggest I was delusional until the point save for telling the two girls that I would kill them if they came to my mother's funeral.

So we all sat at a chair in the table, each one in a different chair from which we usually sit on for dinner. They began by proclaiming evidence that I was delusional, such as walking a lot and drooling at one time by accident. This made absolutely no sense. However, they were very persistent. At one point before things started to become tense I perceived that demons had possessed them. I never made this known out loud so my family should not have been able to know I was thinking they were possessed. As the conversation progressed, what started as a sit down chat became very heated. I was denying that I was delusional and attempted to prove it to them. My granddad at one point stood up and yelled, "I am the man of this house! You do as I tell you!" Also, my father said, "Don't raise your voice at me!" I wasn't raising me voice at all, however they continued to berate me by doing so. My granddad never yells at me.

Now there are three positions from which my family could be coming from. One, that they truly cared and desired for me to get help. Another, that they wished ill will on me. This wouldn't make sense as I know they all love me very much. The last, that they were possessed and the demons wished ill will on me. I believed it was the last. The proof that there were demons present was threefold. My granddad had been close to deaf and before this incident could not hear me or my dad at all. I know this because he was very sensitive and embarrassed about this. However, during this night for some reason he could hear me and actually converse with me and my dad. I started to gently put my hand to my granddad's head as if to cast a demon out and he backed his head away with fear in his eyes. I did not touch him or go through with it or say anything about demons.

The second reason was because as things got heated, I was attempting to keep the peace alone. They were using tactics to against me. I prayed to God to help me in my time of need, for I was walking through the shadow of death. I ceased looking into their eyes and the heated conversation suddenly came to a still. For five minutes they did not talk because I did not look in their eyes. Instead, they sketchily began whispering to each other and walking around without saying a word. I started giggling because I knew what God was doing. I shielded my eyes from them with my hand and I came up with an idea to write down all their arguments to prove that they were wrong. I needed logic, the facts, my knowledge. I took a pen and paper and started saying out loud, "My mind is my castle. My mind is my castle." I did not look in their eyes. As I was saying this there was still no response from my family as I wrote down my arguments for why they were wrong. After I did, they simply began to say that I needed help.

I was seeing a therapist at the time and I refused to call her for an emergency. My dad did. I called her back saying I didn't need the help and that I wasn't delusional. (They were both messages.) I successfully navigated through methodical practice to avoid the therapist. However, as I did things really started to get heated. Suddenly they started saying I needed to immediately call a hospital to have me admitted. As I was praying and trying to keep them away from getting me "help." My granddad slipped away. What he did is my third reason for believing they were possessed.

My granddad went outside. I started to look for him to see what he was up to. I looked outside and he was on the phone- with the police. All this time, understand, I did not raise my voice. I never touched my family, and I sat down just trying to keep the peace and come through this trial by using my mind and praying to God. I leaped over a four foot high railing to get the phone away from my granddad. He looked at me very afraid and he quickly hung up.

EVERYONE came. Police, the police chief, the fire dept., a couple ambulances. All these people walked into my house prepared for an immediate emergency. As I talked to them they were absolutely baffled. Why? Because my granddad had told them, not that I was sitting down peacefully and trying to keep the peace, but that I was absolutely bouncing off the wall going completed insane and that they felt threatened and concerned for their well being. Also, remember I said I never mentioned demons? Guess what? My family said that I was talking about demons. The police told me to sit down as they figured out what was going on. They then came to my chair and all of them were very hesitant and confused because they saw I was acting completely natural. However, because it was three against one they said they needed to take me to a hospital either voluntarily or by force. (What kind of choice is that?)

To this day my family said that I was going absolutely insane. A doctor said that I should not remember that night because I was psychotic. However, trust me. As you can tell I remember that night very vividly. At one point a few months later I was yelling at my dad telling him to tell my little brother the truth about what happened that night. What did he do? HE HID BEHIND A WALL. As he did, his eyes became shifty and I felt a presence. AN UNATURAL presence consuming me. It was not my own fear, but a presence as if an aura was surrounding me. I believe the demon was afraid I was going to make him tell the truth.

Anyways, I was admitted to a hospital. The ambulance driver said I would be out in no time and that everything would be ok, because they understood that my family had lied. ALL of them. ALL the emergency people knew my family had lied. When I arrived at the hospital I was given a bed. I asked God to protect me. My granddad came over to the hospital and asked one of the nurses if it was OK to let me in. She asked for my permission and I gave it to her. He sat down in his chair and started being very sketchy saying things a little louder so the nurses could hear. Raising his voice to say things like "Did you tell them you jumped over a railing?" In other words, he was trying to make me appear I was insane to the nurses. One of the security guards questioned him as to why he couldn't get out of his chair. My granddad made no response.

The nurses caught on to his ill will. Once they did, he started asking me if it was ok to leave. I commanded the demon, "No, it is not ok. You stay right in your chair." He kept saying shifty things like the rail incident. It was as though he couldn't help himself. He kept coming up with excuses to leave like "I need to go to the bathroom, may I leave?" I'd like to talk to your dad outside, may I leave?" "I just want to go for a walk, may I leave?" I was given complete authority through God and the demon kept saying sketchy things. At one point, once the nurses fully realized what was going on I said it was ok to leave if God let's you.

He did go up, but he did not leave that section of the hospital. He kept walking around and the nurses asked him what he was doing. My granddad said, "I can't leave yet." The guards started poking fun at they way he was walking because while some of the nurses believed it was a demon, others that it was due to his ill will. Anyways, he ended up leaving and the nurses told me I would be out of there in no time. What happened at the hospital comes up next.

This ends the second chapter.

Last edited:
I will tell you what I told someone else struggling with understanding the confusion they had after being diagnosed with schizophrenia...there is what happened BEFORE medication and what happens AFTER medication. You have to understand that those things you remember before you went on medication might not be real and you can't trust that you remember correctly. The good news is, that by staying on your medication, you have a better chance of making sure that what you see/hear is real. I would suggest you find a way to let go of these things that happened before you started your medication. In order to heal, you should be focusing on keeping yourself properly medicated and seeking therapy to help you adjust to your diagnosis. All my best.

Mm, yes. I understand where you are coming from. How can I remember anything correctly if I remember a demonic attack? Such a thing is impossible and there are three witnesses to attest to the fact that I do not remember that night correctly. However, that night is firmly ingrained in my memory. I know I perceived the truth no matter what anyone says, and I have a few people that believe me. I sat down in my chair nearly the entire time. Rest easy, I am taking my medications for other instances which I will mention. Not for this second chapter though. I know I remember correctly and no one can deter me from the truth here. Much thanks for your concern!

(For others) Please no PC! I share this with you in hopes that I can reach one person with the truth. Feel free to speak as you will. Also please note that I am delusional without my medications. If you can't believe me, please enjoy the story and learn how people with mental illness like schizophrenia think. Either way, I hope you will find it enjoyable and interesting.

Since you've given an invitation...

Personally, I think that veracity becomes tedious and clouds the mind after a certain extent. What that means is people get so hung up in some things being true that at the same time they lose any practical value, since it becomes an exercise in proving something or being believed.

True things are true enough on their own and people find their way as they go.

If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become straight,
let yourself be crooked.
If you want to become full,
let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything,
give everything up.

The Master, by residing in the Tao,
sets an example for all beings.
Because he doesn't display himself,
people can see his light.
Because he has nothing to prove,
people can trust his words.
Because he doesn't know who he is,
people recognize themselves in him.
Because he has no goal in mind,
everything he does succeeds.

Reactions: #@&5&49
Well I'm glad you didn't stab anyone then UL :) I hope your journey isn't an overly burdened one.

I think it's interesting to see how you saw yourself before any of these things happened to you. I myself, am schizophrenic, among other diagnosis's. The reason why I say before any of these things happened to you is. From my personal experience of trying to get back to 'my old self', I'm never going to get back. There is no back to get to; do you understand what I mean? Even though I long for it sometimes. Just like everyone else, we live through our experiences; learn, grow and change our way of thinking based on what's put in front of us, etc. Unfortunately, you went through these moments in time that keep running through your head because of the huge impact it had on your mind/life, am I right? Otherwise you wouldn't have these chapters laid out the way you do... By all means, let it out. It's a healthy outlet and a way to move forward. I still wonder on a daily basis about the events that lead to me becoming schizophrenic. I have pages and pages of random theories, thoughts, drawings, etc... and a constant replay button I use and relive the life changing events that happened to me. I occasionally blog on here about it as well. But since you are schizophrenic, I'm sure you are dealing with other matters in the present as well that you have to cope with, rationalize, etc. Unless they got you on your magic pill, please do tell :) because they haven't found the right one for me yet. What I'm trying to say is... I enjoy reading your experience, as every experience is different, and I hope you become mentally stable.

I've decided to discontinue you my story for my own personal reasons and I apologize to anyone who wished to learn more.

[MENTION=7391]Torsion[/MENTION]: I could never bring harm to another. Despite my strength and my willpower, my heart is far too soft- even when others bring physical affliction on me.

[MENTION=4742]eloquent_leo[/MENTION]: Yes, the events that happened to me run through my mind on a consistent basis. I am on a pill that takes away all my delusions. However, the memory still sticks. I want to believe what has happened to me is real. In all honesty, I'm beginning to believe the best way to cope is simply to have faith in what I have perceived without trying to endlessly rationalize it. To some this may seem like folly, but what is wrong with believing what you want to believe if it doesn't cause you or others any harm? It's not like I'm going to have any more symptoms now that I'm properly medicated. "Believe what you want to believe, don't what you don't."

A quote by Gandhi says, "Without my faith in God I would be a raving maniac." As long as I have faith in God I know any other things that may have occurred in my imagination won't matter in the long run and that His plan for me will continue either way. Also, I believe that any delusions I may have had are part of his plan for me. IOW there's a reason for it all. I wouldn't give up this life experience for anything. It's given me a unique perspective on truth and where it comes from. I feel special that God has taught me a lesson in having faith and not. Though at first glance it seems like a curse, truly, I see it is a blessing.

Last edited: