the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Had to put in more words becaise the spoiler shows through in the forum main menu.

More words... lalalalalalalalalalal

insidious is my pick.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
The wife says American Psycho. I don't like evil, so I leave the room and do something else.

The doppelgangers in 'The House on Haunted Hill' had me worried.

'Event Horizon' was no picnic either.

Lake Mungo was pretty scary, also liked drag me to hell. Without wifi its been hard to watch movies lately but on my to see list are rosemarys baby, poltergeist and the exorcism of emily rose.

The original scariest movie had to be The Exorcist. Nightmare on Elm Street was also pretty creepy when it came out.

The wife says American Psycho. I don't like evil, so I leave the room and do something else.

The film is not very bad. Gets the idea across, and it is harsh, but the book is...something else.

Rosemary's Baby is a good shout and, if we can leave horror, I have always heard The Midnight Express said in these conversations and I don't disagree.

Whilst dismissed as mostly comedy and action, behind the violence, the premise of They Live is pretty scary.

The original scariest movie had to be The Exorcist. Nightmare on Elm Street was also pretty creepy when it came out.

Yes.
The noises in the attic in The Exorcist had me burying my head under the pillow after watching it. NoEStreet was more seedy than scary.

[REC]

[video=youtube_share;CFB1N2zm9nw]http://youtu.be/CFB1N2zm9nw[/video]

American Psycho actually made me cry! That scene with the homeless guy.. Out of everything, that's what I remember most about that movie but I haven't seen it in years.

I scare easily. will never in my life go spelunking after watching The Descent. I can't even watch the Paranormal Activity movies without becoming utterly irrational and believing that a demonic spirit is in my house and determined to possess and then murder me.

Last edited:

American Psycho is actually a dark comedy. Parts of it reminded me of Jim Carrey stand up. The whole point of the movie is that people are so self-consumed/involved that they fail to notice anything but themselves.

I saw the original Last House on the Left at a midnight matinee while frying on LSD.
Bad trip man....Bad trip.

:m179: :m035:

This is weird, but I get really freaked out watching documentaries about human-like robots. Last night I was watching a show about Philip K. Dick and some people being interviewed on the show were saying things like, "In the future your grandchildren could be marrying robots."

This is weird, but I get really freaked out watching documentaries about human-like robots. Last night I was watching a show about Philip K. Dick and some people being interviewed on the show were saying things like, "In the future your grandchildren could be marrying robots."

Being freaked out by that is NOT weird.

Right?

I just watched The Crucible. I already know how potent a combination stupidity and mob mentality can be, but it's still frightening to be reminded of it.

For scariest movie evar, I would have to go with The Shining. It scared the bejebus out of me when I watched it as a child.

"Event Horizon" ....god....oh my god

Has anyone else seen this? Please don't tell me I am the only one who had a mindfuckery with this one.

"Event Horizon" ....god....oh my god

Has anyone else seen this? Please don't tell me I am the only one who had a mindfuckery with this one.
:m071:
no

just, no.
:m162:

I just watched The Crucible. I already know how potent a combination stupidity and mob mentality can be, but it's still frightening to be reminded of it.

For scariest movie evar, I would have to go with The Shining. It scared the bejebus out of me when I watched it as a child.

Yes, The Shining is on that list. I prefer the more "classic" horrors like:

The Omen
The Wicker Man (original 70's version)
Candyman
Jaws
The Shining
Alien

The Reef
(Shark attack movie)
It was true to my experiences in the water, reality/documentary style, not Hollywood.

I hate sharks.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
The Visit was a scary one.

Haunted Changi, Ouija Board (or something like that).. most Japanese horror films.. but i don't really find anything scary anymore..