[INFJ] Sarcasm?

Jeffrei

OneOneOne
Aug 16, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
So sarcasm. How do you feel about it and when (if ever) do you use it?

Does this mean intelligent people have no imagination and contain more pain in their personal universe?
https://www.lifehack.org/303037/researchers-find-3-reasons-sarcastic-people-are-more-intelligent

My pain is only outdone by my wit
Who knows? I love sarcasm, and honestly, I think it requires a lot of imagination to really succeed in making it more than just a lame echo of what was said previously. As for the other, I fear that intelligent people do have a harder time being completely happy (a self-imposed symptom probably). Whether this also involves pain or not, I leave to the personal history of each for themselves.

lame echo

giphy.gif

Hmh, there is sarcasm...and there is sarcasm.

these are my subjective thoughts on the matter:
If it's a humorous clever yet slightly mocking remark on a situation or idea to underline an opinion, ok.
If it's harming and hostile towards a person on purpose .. it is not okay..
If everyone in the situation knows that person and if that act of sarcasm was based on let's say.. bitterness...like a slip up once due to human nature. I guess it's okay-ish but should be socially rectified at some point.
If it's repeatingly harmful and constantly destructive towards a person, it's pety.. it's not clever or intelligent at all - and for people who read the room and feel how others in the situation feel it's....well- (I don't think I have to write this out here.. )

Now, I know too many people who misuse this terribly to just feel better themselves or superior of some kind towards others and who don't really make a difference between these "cases" above..

In case of the internet (in contrast to a 1on1 conversation with intonation and expressions and all), I believe sarcasm usually has been a terrible idea and it took most of the function smileys once had in terms of digital communication. That's a way to highjack yourself. It's a perfect way to end a conversation of many that one person could have just left alone.

I understand if people use it to protect themselves from rather uncomfortable conversations... but... I see better in them.. I'm sorry to say that.. but usually they can just do so much better.
More importantly... when it happens on and on... it's like silently begging for talking about their troubles although they usually really don't want to.

There has been a time I've used sarcasm and I'm not very proud of that. So if I come off harsh, that's probably the reason not anyone else..everyone decides what's best for them, right?

In the end there is nothing more to say about sarcasm...except maybe..

try a dose of irony! :p

giphy.gif

For a Pisces it's their second language, their first of course being cussing :p
Hm... since my Saturn is in Pisces, this would probably most likely make it definitely my language of defense and creating boundaries. Nice :D

I am sooooo glad I'm an idiot!
Well, there must be some advantage to being an idiot, right?

Last edited:
I need to inject sarcasm into my bloodstream every breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and possibly midnight snack.

If I don’t, I will die a sad, tortuous, incomprehensible, unfathomable; heartbreaking, sudden, dreadful, disgusting, mind-blowing, shattering, bewildering, miserable death.

And then...

That’s... that’s about it.

Last edited:
I need to inject sarcasm into my bloodstream every breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and possibly midnight snack.

If I don’t, I will die a sad, tortuous, incomprehensible, unfathomable; heartbreaking, sudden, dreadful, disgusting, mind-blowing, shattering, bewildering, miserable death.

And then...

That’s... that’s about it.
Well, shet

Sarcasm is great, I couldn't live without it, but it needs to coexist with a healthy dose of seriousness, I think.

Being constantly sarcastic can also be a way of abandoning the search for truth, even of deceiving oneself, just like being overly serious.