#nofilter
Banned
Apr 2, 2013
Your brain.
MBTI
INFeJ
Enneagram
None
So I heard this is a thing now in the USA.... The supreme court made the call and now same sex marriage is legal. This must be a very exciting day for a lot of people.

The final two paragraphs of the Court's opinion:
No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right. The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.
It is so ordered.

There we go.

Enevitable the day marriage became a government institution.

However... I wonder if the day will come now when this same argument is used for people who wish to marry inanimate objects and someone says.... "marriage is between two people!"

However... I wonder if the day will come now when this same argument is used for people who wish to marry inanimate objects and someone says.... "marriage is between two people!"

I wonder...
There's a lot going on worth wonder about.

[h=1]This is wonderful news to see!

Gay Marriage Backers Win Supreme Court Victory[/h]
WASHINGTON — In a long-sought victory for the gay rights movement, the Supreme Court ruled by a 5-to-4 vote on Friday that the Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage.
Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, writing for the majority in the historic decision, said gay and lesbian couples had a fundamental right to marry.
“No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice and family,” he wrote. “In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html?_r=1

27scotus4_hp-master675.jpg

946523_10151498303976769_43247408_n.jpg

Oh come on…not that argument again…that pedophiles will want to marry children and people will want to marry donkeys and other animals, or their blow up doll (which I think you actually can in Japan ((go figure)).
It’s pretty demeaning to group gay people together with such ideas that are disconnected.
These are two, normal, consenting adults who both just happen to be the same sex.

11071304_10153455501654700_2585492975036252125_n.png

Oh come on…not that argument again…that pedophiles will want to marry children and people will want to marry donkeys and other animals, or their blow up doll (which I think you actually can in Japan ((go figure)).
It’s pretty demeaning to group gay people together with such ideas that are disconnected.
These are two, normal, consenting adults who both just happen to be the same sex.

[video=youtube;Lv8YY4ZFi_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv8YY4ZFi_0[/video]

Reactions: rawr
Finally gay people have the same basic human rights as straight people. :D

Perhaps there is still a small glimmer of hope for humanity yet...

Im sorry you dont understand. I could care less about the ruling. I am not religious I simply dont care who gets married or to what. The statement (not argument) is completely valid since there are any number of people who already want to do just that. The only question is now, will they get a large enough movement going as the lgbt community did to draw attention to it in a way where it becomes legal.
I simply said it will be interesting to see how it will play out because ...it will be.

11182117_1120154804678808_7435080870803221106_n.jpg

Reactions: Y0u
One step towards defending the sanctity of equality.

<3

I don't understand why Texas is still being a twat about this. Is it all those clichés from the 90's? Texas politicians still all butt-hurt about it? I really don't mean to derail the topic, but that just reminded me of a couple things.

From the film Full Metal Jacket: "Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down."

[video=youtube;2GPBbIFQuI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPBbIFQuI0[/video]

ok, derailment over.

:focus:

Reactions: rawr
Very exciting for my friends who have been waiting for this day to arrive. I'm incredibly happy for them!

I wonder if employers will seek to eradicate "domestic partnership" terminology.

One Justice changed his mind, and this.