Same Day, Same Stuff

Cryo Soul

Regular Poster
Apr 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 8
For longer than I can remember, i've been living with the feeling that everyday I live is a repetition of the day before it....it even "feels" the same...most people I spend my time with seem to enjoy this, but I suppose it's "safe" to perceive your life as being functionally repetitive/secure even if that gets boring....I've never really known "security" and perhaps that's because reality on the whole presents us circumstances that constantly are at odds with the need for security we so crave/desire, so wouldn't the awareness of that fact present turmoil to most people?

1.) What do you all suggest/do when you feel that you're life is bringing you the same results as the day before it?
2.) What do you do to bring yourself/find yourself new experiences?

Reactions: Gaze
"Security" is different for everyone. Someone might define security as experiencing something different everyday. Someone else might define security as their family and children, and someone else might perceive security as the same thing everyday. First, define what security means to you personally as opposed to what it means to you when you compare yourself to other peoples perception of security. Just because other people perceive security in a way that may not be the same as your perception of security doesn't mean their perception is the "correct" view and yours is incorrect.

Well I was thinking in the broad sense (not a personal/value based sense of security derived from an individual's preference) of the term....security by definition is that which provides a sense of safety, routine, and scenarios that present similar/likely results and outcomes reliably that vary little from the person's perception of that security. Anything OUTSIDE of that perception would be perceived as threatening to that security, so does security exist in an objective universe? There are some schools of thought that argue this...As far as I know it, the universe is in constant flux...at a metaphysical level, it could even be said that based on a molecular level that changes (which stand as threatening to the security and the person's perception) are initiated, and pile up, until they reach out to us from their point of origin, and existing from a subjective standpoint alone opens a door way to expectation/results that can lead to disappointment...how does a person exist to meet their needs (subjectively) if the universe sends us massive levels of interference used to disturb our sense of security? (objective)

At best I've learned not to take life personally because it can't be created with the needs of the individual placed first, such as bringing us constant joy all the time...we are at the awe, and mercy of a universe, and a life that may never yield us that which we need...life can be akin to a game of probability...a simple coin toss can be used to determine if children can be spared a life of pain and utter misery, or a life of relative ease...and the universe is just there indifferent to either probability....and since we stand in the middle of the universe...do things "happen" to us, or do we "make" them happen? What degree of control do we have over our lives? We can affect our occupation, living conditions, and to degree our own mental processes...but then the universe still sends us interference that can threaten to upset all that...yet we are built to seek security...? Is it a futile delusion? Or a temporary respite? I think I lean towards the latter....