Romantic Relationship/Interests Tropes - What are yours? | INFJ Forum

Romantic Relationship/Interests Tropes - What are yours?

YourFavoriteNightmare

Community Member
Sep 11, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Ever notice a pattern or an affinity for a certain type or two in your choice of romantic relationships/interests?
I've ever been invested into connections with INFPs. However, I've had a large crush on an INTP. But I have learned my lesson as the former group hasn't been near as deep mentally as I need. The latter, I simply don't have enough experience around with. Yeah, I'm young and those hormones of my peers (where the interests have come from) just jump and run with it to any little thing...but I know that, as I've learned more about them, from others or themselves, that I need that mind-to-mind connection. I need a maturity, an intellectual capacity. Otherwise, I'll be sacrificing a big part of myself. (That, and my other criteria. xD)

I read this on a profile of an INTJ, in the relationships section, just today. "For INTJs, love means including someone in their vision of the world. INTJ men tend to be attracted to partners who enjoy living their lives with and outward vitality and zest. Perhaps it is to compensate for their internal, visionary focus that they often find partners who are more outgoing and may even run interference to help the INTJ deal with the day-to-day world. INTJ women, however, may seek someone more like themselves."
Source: http://ebonstorm.wordpress.com/about-the-author/intj/
Makes sense. The males are already kinda fitting the "ideal" and the natural inclination of males is towards IT. They are used to it, want a little more zest. Maybe then the females need more subconscious reassurance, they are different and there's someone out there just like them - and they don't have to deal with the overabundance of SF women, day in, day out. That was my first thoughts, initial theory, there. Moving on. So an INTP or INFJ or INTJ for me. Not saying that an INFP can come along and sweep me off my feet (well, that's happened already - I was not amused) with a more developed Te. *shrugs* Maybe, maybe not.

So, what are your patterns? And What have they taught you about yourself/other types?

I was involved with an entp once, but she had some controlling tendencies which is unfortunate bc there was such a natural chemistry there.

I've also chased an enfp but came up short, she went with an infp friend of mine from HS who is actually a pretty nice guy and its worked out well for them from what I hear.

I intellectualize my best shot at any sort of long term relationship at this point would probably be with an Ni. Otherwise things feel too surface and lacking depth.

With that said when I run into eligible girls irl I don't try to figure out their mbti (at least not right away) I just try to figure out if I like them as a person, so who knows, anything is possible.

I love NFs.

...That's about all I have to say past there, really...

Are we just going by MBTI?

Mostly introverts and/or feelers. Not once any Te doms, auxes, or terts for that matter. I don't know what this means. That I'm trying to find an outlet to nurture the emohermitnerd my childhood self was, or to reconnect with it?

I like INTPs probably because I am subconsciously emotionally masochistic.

I suck ass at typing people, partially because I can’t even figure out my own type. Lol. Sooo I won’t try to say what types I am interested in and instead describe their personality. I for some reason am drawn to extremes and them to me. I either like your stereotypical girl-next-door type or psycho crazy killers. No, to be serious I find myself attracted to girls that stand out.

This does not mean she is the loudest or the girl who acts for attention. It’s more like I am attracted to the girl who I have seen at school for two years but have never seen her talk to anybody. The girl who sits in the back of the class and keeps to herself mostly. I don’t know, I just always find myself noticing these types of girls and catch myself wondering what is going through their mind.

I want to know their story and hear them talk, get to know them. I want to know why they never talk and what they could be thinking of. I am a curious person so I can’t help it.

Even though I am an INFJ, people think I'm very much an extrovert in certain senses. I think my education and career path has a huge effect on that. But knowing that I am, I always find myself attracted to extroverts. I think too much introversion in a relationship can create problems. My one serious relationship, he was an E, and while it was working, I really enjoyed being with an E.