Right Brained == Visual Spatial Learner? | INFJ Forum

Right Brained == Visual Spatial Learner?

Reon

Midnight's Garden
Nov 1, 2008
MBTI
Questioning?
Enneagram
5w6
Some info for the uninitiated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralization_of_brain_function#Exaggeration

It's a question I've been pondering for quite a while. First, I realize I'm making the assumption that brain lateralization is a legit concept and that some of the generalizations being applied such as verbal ability and sequential thinking being associated with the left brain and numerical ability and whole concept thinking being associated with the right brain are true to some extent. Now, my particular question is this, it would be intuitive to assume that the left brain, with its characteristics, would lean more to being auditory learners. Right brained individuals, by the same notion, would be more likely to be Visual Spatial Learners?

Now, if you agree with those notions, how would an individual who happened to be right brained and also an auditory be like? Do you know anyone of the sort? How about someone who was left brained and yet a visual learner? Do you know anyone of the sort? I know some particular scientist suspect cross-lateralization could be a problem (Example: Right brained, right handed, dominance of vision in left eye, left footed) but not many individuals examine the issue of conflicting learning styles and brain dominance.

Random question I know, but I'd like to see some responses. Although I would like for this topic to stay on the road I paved for it, I'd also like any discussion about the general overall concept (learning styles and brain lateralization)

Reactions: Gaze
interesting topic and i've often wondered about the relationship between the two. I always believed I was right brained based on the description but when i've taken the tests, i type left brain. In terms of sequential vs. visual spatial, i identified as a sequential learner but later realized i was a global learner. But yet, my strengths seem to be more right brained rather than left brained.

So, this cross lateralization is curious.

I have a pretty good balance between right and left but i have to say that i lean more to the right and am definitely a visual learner.

Let's all declare our brain orientation instead of addressing Reon's concerns

I'm def right-brained

I'm left handed and my preference is for auditory learning, I love live lectures to reading about something, but I will read in the absence of interesting material that I can learn live, which is ALL THE TIME. But I would say I am auditory.