Ridiculous arguments in relationships | INFJ Forum

Ridiculous arguments in relationships

JGirl

no chocolate flavored gum? wow
Nov 9, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
i was thinking today about a particularly stupid argument that mike and i had a few years back that almost ended our relationship.
he had quit smoking, was just starting his own business and trying to get it off the ground, my daughter and her three kids had moved in with us from ontario, wanting to make a new start, and my granddaughter was visiting from saskatchewan.
it was hell around here i admit.
we took my granddaughter to the airport for her flight home, and we had to wait there for forty minutes in case the flight had a problem, because she was a minor. so there we are hanging around the airport with nothing to do but fight.
he told me that he wanted to end it because he could not live with a smoker.
honest to god he said that
i told him to fuck off. how dare he take five years of my life and then dump me once he got his own business going and didn't need another responsibility any more. i was not going anywhere and he could just get over it.

anyway, obviously we worked it out and didn't split up, but it seemed so ridiculous to end a relationship at the airport because your partner smokes.
the partner that you have smoked with for five years.
yeah

so, i thought maybe others might want to share some stoopid fights

Reactions: hush
LOL, I get accused of throwing things away. Monday hubs was in a tiff b/c he couldn't find the Toys R Us Big Book with coupons. We left for a nearby township to pick up something at Best Buy and then headed over to Toys R Us. We got my son what he wanted for his bday. The whole while he is reminding me that we would have saved more money, blah blah blah. We return home, I find the damn coupons and they excluded what we just purchased. :/

We have dumb little spats like this the day before he goes into work ... b/c I'm ready for him to leave. lol God help me he is home nearly the entire month of November. :S

LOL, I get accused of throwing things away. Monday hubs was in a tiff b/c he couldn't find the Toys R Us Big Book with coupons. We left for a nearby township to pick up something at Best Buy and then headed over to Toys R Us. We got my son what he wanted for his bday. The whole while he is reminding me that we would have saved more money, blah blah blah. We return home, I find the damn coupons and they excluded what we just purchased. :/

We have dumb little spats like this the day before he goes into work ... b/c I'm ready for him to leave. lol God help me he is home nearly the entire month of November. :S

i hear ya on being ready when he goes back to work. even though mike and i pretty much live in separate parts of the house and i see him if i want to and visa versa, it's still great when he goes away for a while.
different if i go though. it's like time stands still until i get back. i can envision him sitting on an uncomfortable stool in front of the clock the entire time i'm gone.
or , worse, at the window where everyone can see how pathetically lost he is lol

ok only half kidding there.

i once made the mistake of telling mike i think i'm more intelligent than he is.
o
my
gawd

don't tell your significant other that. ever. even if it's the most obvious thing to everyone in the world.

Reactions: grt$5vb
LOL^

I don't think that would go over well with mine either...

I'm always accused of eating his sweets, stealing the blanket at night, punching with my legs, putting his precious things elsewhere and sure if he can't something it must be "under your ass" (quote) :laugh: By now I nvm, but it can get you if your mood isn't great.
Can't remember any certain stupid argument. There aren't many actually as far as I remember.

I'm always accused of eating his sweets, stealing the blanket at night, punching with my legs, putting his precious things elsewhere and sure if he can't something it must be "under your ass" (quote) :laugh: By now I nvm, but it can get you if your mood isn't great.
Can't remember any certain stupid argument. There aren't many actually as far as I remember.

i get accused of eating the snacks too, nevermind that i have three grandkids that come over and clean me out regularly!

i get accused of eating the snacks too, nevermind that i have three grandkids that come over and clean me out regularly!

haha it's so typical! Maybe you should make public sweets and private secret sweets! I hide my sweets from myself too - one of the absurd things I do.

Not directed at you personally but this is a great example...

And that's marriage. I don't know why some women are begging to be a part of this.

I'm getting the silent treatment right now over onions of all things. I won't bore you with the details, but apparently I insist on always being right. Lol.

We rarely quarrel, but every now and then......

And that's marriage. I don't know why some women are begging to be a part of this.

Very perceptive. LOL It has to do with enjoying "alone" time, which becomes a luxury once you become married.

Last edited:

lol men beg just as much, trust me

No need to brag about how men want you. We all get it Cindy.

lol what a weird thing to say! I wasn't bragging. I wanted you to trust me because I'm a woman. I assume you wouldn't know how many men actually want to get married because it doesn't usually pop up until someone is pressuring the other...IN A RELATIONSHIP

bizarre you read it that way

P.S you're just about as catty as a woman. Lol Meow! ;)

Very perceptive. LOL It has to do with enjoying "alone" time, which becomes a luxury once you become married.

Do you have kids?
I hear that from people that have kids.
I think one of the best things is to sit in a room with her. We don't have to say a word. We can read, play on our phones,
sit in silence. Sometimes we are in different parts of the house. I'm busy doing what I want, but know she's around, somewhere. But I get a lot of alone time. So that might make a difference.

lol men beg just as much, trust me
Since when? The only dudes I know personally who actually want to get married are guys haven't had a long disastrous relationship that sucked them dry yet. And yet romanticize what marriage is supposed to be.

Since when? The only dudes I know personally who actually want to get married are guys who suck with women and haven't had a long disastrous relationship that sucked them dry yet. And yet romanticize what marriage is supposed to be.

That's not been my experience with people by observing how they act and what they've done in relationships with me, as my friends, with my friends and in general. I'm not sure what sucks with women means either, but I've noticed a lot of guys are quick to want to get something down on paper pressuring their girlfriends to move faster about as much as any women I know who pressured their boyfriends. It's not just women begging to get married anymore like the stereotype suggests, I've watched men pressure just as much. Things have changed, women don't NEED to get married anymore to have the life they want so I really don't see why my experience should be any different from the norm. :shrug: