Retired Staff
Jul 14, 2016
USA
MBTI
INFJ-t
Enneagram
2w1, 2w3
Here is the Roman numeral IX.

Now for a little problem or riddle to solve ... Can you add just one mark or symbol to this Roman numeral and change it into the number 6?

Lets play! :wink:
Common reasoning should allow you find the answer in an instant.

Hint: When thinking about a problem, we must get out of the well-worn groove, or conditioning of thought. We must think or observe from every possible angle.

The reason you won't solve it immediately is because I've purposely misdirected your thinking, steering it along the groove ... the conditioned groove or wrong groove of course. :tearsofjoy:

Don't give up on the challenge because you think it's just too hard! Give it your best try.

This simple riddle will open wide the door to reasoning skill and help you recognize how the professional magicians in life, work/school, and relationship misdirect you and gain the upperhand and fool you. :sunglasses:

I'll post the answer later today.

Come on, take the challenge and play along. :wink: It will be fun!

Very clever. :D

I love riddles.

Indeed, I was led astray... but I did something else for 5 minutes, and when I came back to it, it was so obvious!

Answer below, don't click!
OK, you did click, last chance to turn back...
SIX

That was....

sssssneaky

Now for a little problem or riddle to solve ... Can you add just one mark or symbol to this Roman numeral and change it into the number 6?
It can be done without adding any other marks whatsoever as well.

It can be done without adding any other marks whatsoever as well.
Interested to hear your thoughts.
My 2nd thought came with adding a horizontal line thru the middle IX
and then rotating the monitor and only looking at the now top half of the IX

Last edited:
Interested to here your thoughts.
My 2nd thought came with adding a horizontal line thru the middle IX
and then rotating the monitor and only looking at the now top half of the IX
I was thinking of just moving the existing lines around like this
IX -> IV -> VI :D

Damn java beat me to it as usual!

Hello my internet mother (I hope my position still stands as your e-daughter despite my absence)

Make moooooreeee!

Hello my internet mother (I hope my position still stands as your e-daughter despite my absence)
But of course! :hug: I'm happy to see you back, and with the same user name ;) you're in my thoughts often Belle. ♡

Brings up a posted feeling that doesn't belong here really, however, ;)
*I've made friends here in the forum and for whatever understandable reason they change their URN, but when don't say that's who they are sends a very loud message. I just roll with it...which beought out the saying, "Your wellness is more important than your presence to me, I'll see ya when I see ya."❤