Researching Strange/Morbid Topics | INFJ Forum

Researching Strange/Morbid Topics

Fergie

Apr 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJ
I am INFJ. Recently, I analyzed the survival rates for different types of cancer. I want to be prepared in case I ever have to face a diagnosis. I do not have a death wish, I am not a hypochondraic and there is no history of cancer in my family. I just want to have a little knowledge about the subject for future reference. There are some types that I may choose not to fight if I am ever faced with it.

Do any other INFJ's research strange/morbid topics?

Fergie :crazy:

No! Only you. Kidding.
Not an INFJ but I like to research serial killers. I find them facinating.

Edit: This knowledge will come in handy for those currently on my List too--like @kiu; and @StudebakerHawk;

Edit Edit: Before I forget, [MENTION=731]corndogman[/MENTION];

I enjoy researching serial killers too. There is a show on TV called Most Evil. Dr. Michael Stone rates evil on a scale of 1-22. I often wonder if I could be as mental as they are if I had their circumstances etc....

Fergie

I am INFJ. Recently, I analyzed the survival rates for different types of cancer. I want to be prepared in case I ever have to face a diagnosis. I do not have a death wish, I am not a hypochondraic and there is no history of cancer in my family. I just want to have a little knowledge about the subject for future reference. There are some types that I may choose not to fight if I am ever faced with it.

Do any other INFJ's research strange/morbid topics?

Fergie :crazy:

Strange? Depends on your pov. I explore subjects such as mental disorders and abnormal brain chemistry. I'm also learning all the area codes of the United States, I like knowing where a phone call originates. I like to study the pancreas, the metabolism, and the thyroid. I also like studying the appendix because it's considered vestigial by some and I suspect, as do others, that it actually has a very important function in keeping humans healthy.

But I'm an INTJ....so yeah.

Edit: I watched Most Evil as well! I didn't agree with the scale he used though, it seemed rather redundant and it would disagree with itself at times

Reactions: Nixie
I like researching psychos and darwin awards, among other things.

I went through a period in my late teens/early twenties where I googled the most horrific stuff I could conjure up in my mind. I'm not shocked by much of anything anymore as a result of this. The world is crazy.

I used to go to this site called dead or alive ....not sure it's still around. It basically had a list of every celeb that's ever died and how they died.
For some reason I found reading this very interesting.

I used to go to this site called dead or alive ....not sure it's still around. It basically had a list of every celeb that's ever died and how they died.

Oh that reminds me: lolCarradine

Reactions: Jill Hives

Weird I just came across that yesterday while googling to find a friend's obit. I didn't really look cause I was on a mission but find it oddly interesting.

I am a total hypochondriac so I do research on a lot of pointless crap that I do not have. I did spend half the afternoon at work today trying to find the perfect cure for acne that just cropped up out of nowhere. I really hope my boss has better things to do than me and doesn't start looking at my internet usage.

I looked up the pavement markings in different countries, phone error sounds, old computer viruses, what happens if a place is nuked, so many weird things. So, while not morbid, definitely not the average things people look up.

My pet topics are death rituals/funerary practices and beliefs about death and the afterlife, and I'm really into neurotheology and the cognitive processes behind dreams and NDE's. Liminal folklore will probably be the focus of my graduate studies.

Death and ghosts also have a strong influence on my artwork. When I was little I ran around pretending to be a ghost for a year, I've always been obsessed with dead people.

I like to research serial killers. I find them facinating.
I actually research them as well... Morbidly fascinating..

I also spent way too much time the other day lurking a forum for sociopaths only just to see what kind of things they'd say.

~Darwin Awards (Have the book now too! Score!)
~World Dictators and some of the crazy stuff they do
~Human Developmental Index and where we stand now
~Paranormal stories
~I also confess to reading a book that showed 100 ways to kill someone with a toothbrush, not saying that I would
~Cancer survival rates
~How every U.S President has died

No you are not alone. I read and research all kinds of stuff. Can't help myself and have always been this way. I think if I'd been any good at mathematics, I would have tried to get into medical research, surgery or forensics.