Republishing the Bible | INFJ Forum

Republishing the Bible

S

Shai Gar

I'm thinking about republishing the Bible. I have always disliked the way it was laid out, with certain books left out, and the entire rewriting of the Torah into the Old Testament. In the Christian version it appears that the city of Sodom was destroyed for homosexuality rather than for lack of Hospitality.

There're a lot of things like that.

Also, we've got to consider the other gospels that were found in 1945, and yet not disseminated into the bible with new publishings.

I'm thinking:

The Tanakh
Torah (teachings)
Nevi'im (prophets)
Ketuvim (writings)

The Talmud
Mishnah
Gemara

Books before Christ
Prayer of Manasseh
Book of Esdras
Book of Tobit
Book of Sirach

Gospels
Peter
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
James
Philip
Judas
Mary
Mathaias

Sayings
Thomas
Sophia of Jesus Christ

Early Church
Liturgy of Saint James
Bruce Codex
Ophite Diagrams
Letters of John
Letters of Peter
Letters of James
Letters of Jude
The Acts of Pilate
The Acts of John
The Acts of Peter
The Acts of Paul
The Acts of Andrew
The Acts of Thomas

Apocalypse
Apocalypse of John of Patmos
Apocalypse of Paul
Apocalypse of Peter
Apocalypse of Pseudo-Methodius
Apocalypse of Thomas
Apocalypse of Stephen
First Apocalypse of James
Second Apocalypse of James
The Shepherd of Hermas

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you'd make loads of money. The bible is the world's best selling novel.

Oh great. And start a shit ton of new religions and new fanatics.

I'm already too overwhelmed with all the infinite bullshit ideas in this world. Oy vey.
I would be, too, except that I just ignore the vast majority of them. Some are interesting to study; some can have positive effects; some are immediately problematic; but most don't matter.

Holy shit

You should make the pages out of rizla paper, i find the standard bible paper doesn't burn so good.

It gets cold in my part of the world. Besides no one reads that boring crap at the start.....and job begat ahab, and ahab begat moab...zzzzzzzzzzz

It gets cold in my part of the world. Besides no one reads that boring crap at the start.....and job begat ahab, and ahab begat moab...zzzzzzzzzzz
James Ussher did.

Last edited:
lol...

Noone wants to comment on the books I'm leaving out, or the ones I'm including?

I'm thinking about republishing the Bible. I have always disliked the way it was laid out, with certain books left out, and the entire rewriting of the Torah into the Old Testament. In the Christian version it appears that the city of Sodom was destroyed for homosexuality rather than for lack of Hospitality.

Shai,
1. first I'd actually have to read that obnoxiously long list (#1,999 on my to-read list) You've done so? Really? Wow.
and
2. Re-publishing? Not re-writing? LOL.
3. You remind me of Mark Twain, he wrote "The Bible According to Mark Twain"

Oh, and I like the way Slant thinks, this could be a real money-making opportunity, you know.
(hugs)

I know it's a money making opportunity. It's the best selling book on earth.

Also, yes, I've read the holy texts from front to back, along with quite a few commentaries, of the following religions; Christianity, Islam, Buddism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Judaism, Satanism, Wicca, and Certain Tribal Religions of the Middle East.

Yeah, but I love arguing religion. It's how I can kick everyone's arse on any religious topic.