Relation to God (just for those who belive, please) | INFJ Forum

Relation to God (just for those who belive, please)

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
I don't want that this become thread about whether someone belive or not , so I assume that at this one will answer just people who belive. If anybody tries to open batterfield here, I will kindly ask moderators to lock the topic:) (or I will do it by myself)...

So, is way of your belifs changed through life? Have you ever find yourself in time when you feel little bit confused by things that happen. And though you can belive that everything has reason and you know that some things you can't know and understand at this moment, you would like that God sometimes give you a clue what you should do?
I am Catholic and I always felt need for being beliver. If I neglect praying or reading Bible in some period of my life, I realised that I at the end I feel lost. I see God as someone who is greater than our images of God and I really feel that faith is need for my meaningful life.
But from time to time, when some things in my life happen, I feel disconnected from God. Not that I feel abaonded or forgotten, I just feel that I try to understand reasons for situtation that can't be understood. For example, I don't know why God brought me near some people and gave me need to take care of them, just to take them again from my life.
Is it stupid to look for logic?:) Or logic can be seen only at the end?

There is a saying I like, "God draws straight with crooked lines." Life always has it's twists and bends...we will never be immune from this (although better choices, made with greater awareness, helps). Still, whether we sense it or not, God is present....I think life can invite us deeper, open us more fully, into this profound reality. There is a sheer scale to the relationship between a person and God that is far beyond most of our imagining or calculating...but it is very real and dynamic and observable, especially over time. We are immersed in this mystery.

The inner struggles/wrestling you describe are those of any taveller in faith...others here can confirm this. Yet, the idea that you feel called back to the relationship with God is in itself a very profound, and telling, grace....perhaps the most profound grace of all. Why? Because it seems God's entire motive in the whole thing is to connect with us in Love...this is the dynamic that literally fills the Gospels.

Lots could be (and has been) said on this...I'll let others chime in.

Life with God can be very confusing. There are most certainley times that are better than others. I don't think it's the way it should be, but that is how it is now.

Sometimes you could want to know why God does this or that, you would want to try to understand his ways. But I for myself, have found that it's not worth the effort. I try to trust God that he knows better than I do. Becuase when I try to understand why this and that, my human logic end up being nonsense in this matter. Logic and God do not mix imo. It can be tough sometimes, but I try to give up my life to God, trying to trust God. But its defenitly not easy.

I thank God for what I have, when I have it. Nothing is granted.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun

I will speak irrespective of my beliefs, in a logical framework resting upon the assumption of a creator god.

If god created humanity, does humanity exist separately from god or within god?

The answer to this question has enormous implications on the relationship between god and humanity.

Agapooka

There is a sheer scale to the relationship between a person and God that is far beyond most of our imagining or calculating...but it is very real and dynamic and observable, especially over time. We are immersed in this mystery.

The inner struggles/wrestling you describe are those of any taveller in faith...others here can confirm this. Yet, the idea that you feel called back to the relationship with God is in itself a very profound, and telling, grace....perhaps the most profound grace of all.

I agree, after period of this feeling i usuallysomething learn. I become stronger.

Life with God can be very confusing. There are most certainley times that are better than others.
Becuase when I try to understand why this and that, my human logic end up being nonsense in this matter. Logic and God do not mix imo. It can be tough sometimes, but I try to give up my life to God, trying to trust God. But its defenitly not easy.

I thank God for what I have, when I have it. Nothing is granted.

God is confusing:) I got used to God's sense of humor:)

Yes, uderstanding comes later. I know that. When I have patience, I am aware of wisdom in His logic. Sometimes I don't:)But I try...

I relate to my perception of God in a rather impersonal way, I apologize if this is not the kind of God you're referring to in your this thread but I just thought I'd try and share my beliefs. Basically I believe in an impersonal creator of the universe; I believe the balance of everything from the planets down to the ways cells work, and the balance between all the parts of nature is far to great to have not been "planed" so to speak. As far as a relationship with God so to speak I had a kind of one when I was little but it's hard to define. It was almost as if little imaginary friends, like when you watch cartoons and there is a devil standing on one shoulder whispering into one ear and an angel on the other shoulder whispering into the other ear. I don't have these kinds of "relationships" anymore but I do find the concept fascinating. I do know that it was a comforting thought.

I may believe in some kind of God, but I don't feel like I have to have a connection/relationship with him or her.
I guess that makes me a bit unorthodox.

God= ineffability

here is my personal view, I wrote this a while back. If you have any personal questions toward the divine, please feel free to ask at any moment.

~`Spirituality`~
At times I feel down, but I embrace my natural emotion
Uncertainty is just the wave, but I am the motion
Don’t know where I am going, but I continue my way
The sand is the certainty, but it is lacking the play

No twists or turns, so what’s there to see?
Certainty, is a schedule and clearly not for me
I like to let things find me which causes a flow
If you are certain of all, then how do you grow?

I believe in spirituality, but I was raised in the Church
During adolescence, I stopped going and left to research
I became agnostic at the time because I couldn’t see
If he casts people away to hell… then what could he be?

Surely, not all-forgiving because he casts them away
People who are spiritually lost burn in hell every day
And if you don’t conform, you will never be in heaven or thee
Now that just sounds like he is weak and unforgiving to me

There wasn’t a reason for me to go run and hide
I had it all along; I just had to look inside
My view of God is beautiful because I have free will
He forgives everyone for how uncertain they feel

We run free through the land, heavens, and sea
This isn’t a religion at all; this is spirituality

To the places I go without being bound by chain
For the nights under the stars, dancing in the rain
Finding my belief surely has been a long fight
But now that I’m here, I live in the light
I wrote this for my college newspaper...

Have a good day

Jana, When that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away with. The more childish things we put away, the more we change. Change cannot always just happen without our asking questions or not fully understanding some things.

quote "For example, I don't know why God brought me near some people and gave me need to take care of them, just to take them again from my life." unquote
Maybe you were there for them, not yourself. There could be many different reasons or answers. If you are still thinking about them, are they really gone from your life?

Logic? I have seen too many things that were not logical to me, but they could have been logical to someone else for another purpose. Good luck.

God= ineffability

here is my personal view, I wrote this a while back. If you have any personal questions toward the divine, please feel free to ask at any moment.

~`Spirituality`~
At times I feel down, but I embrace my natural emotion
Uncertainty is just the wave, but I am the motion
Don

I am what you would call a Conservative Christian (Protestant Fundamentalist). I have to admit, I feel uneasy when it comes to talking about my faith because I dislike conflict, but I understand that it is to be expected.

My beliefs in Christianity changed after my last attempt to commit suicide (not a great start, I know). I made the decision In that moment that I wasn't going leave until I had the answers, whatever they may be. I changed from Arminianism to Calvinism. Liberal to conservative. I began reading the bible again and listening to theologians. I discovered the logic behind the bible. Everything started to make sense and that there really is no mystery to how God works, only the distortion of our understanding in his attributes and ourselves. God is a planner, nothing happens without reason, but what that reason is, God eventually reveals in time. I don't conduct my faith by feeling anymore, but by knowing. It is by his grace I still live.
Ephesians 2:8–9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
God has shown us repeatedly through everyday life how much he loves us that It has become common place and we forget. God doesn't need to prove himself through miricles, and yet he has throughout the bible and even today. We can be embarrassingly ungrateful, and ask the dumbest questions. God isn't a slave to humanity, he is the creator.

Looking for logic is not stupid but one of the best moves you can make as a Christian. Knowledge is a gift of the holy spirit. Build your foundation on faith, not on religion. Religion is about works and ritual that will assure your salvation, faith is about believing that salvation is a gift from God that is not obtainable by your own means.

Reactions: arbygil
To all,I like your posts.It is interesting how individual is every one of them and yet, there is some kind of argeement...
Keep writing, I'll keep reading:)

I believe that God and his creations are inseparable. There's always a connection from God's side of a relationship at any time or any place. But the other side depends on us - and we can easily get lost in our rationalizations and illusion of control. Thus sometimes the connection seems to be broken.

I might be a skeptic at times, but I do believe this poem helped me after my grandfather passed away

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was
walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky
flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed
two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him
and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that
many times along the path of His life there was only one
set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at
the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD
about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you
you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that
during the most troublesome times in my life there is only
one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I
needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love
you and I would never leave you! During your times of
trial and suffering when you see only one set of
footprints, it was then that I carried you

Reactions: jyrffw54
Do you agree that times of confusion can be fruitful?

Maybe you were there for them, not yourself. There could be many different reasons or answers. If you are still thinking about them, are they really gone from your life?

Totally agree, thoughs like that keep me sane sometimes. I guess it is help when we feel useful:)