Recognizing Ni vs Fi in Real Life | INFJ Forum

Recognizing Ni vs Fi in Real Life

Actual

Regular Poster
Dec 16, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Taken word for word from:
http://personalitytheorist.tumblr.c...ow-to-recognize-each-myers-briggs-personality

I've read a lot and haven't seen it put this clearly before.

Introverted Intuition (Ni):

Ni Dominant Types: INTJ, INFJ
Secondary Ni Users: ENTJ, ENFJ

How to spot them:

• Everything an Ni dominant type does is deliberate. You will likely get the sense that they have carefully (but covertly) planned out their actions and words.
  • They may ask many questions in conversation, but questions tend to be open-ended. I.e. “Can you tell me more about that,” As opposed to, “When did that happen?”
  • They prefer sticking to one topic of conversation but may feel the need to ‘explain around’ the topic if they are unable to convey the essence of it concisely.
  • Ni dominant types usually pause to fully take in and consider what you have said in conversation before replying.
  • They may also return to a topic of conversation weeks after you’ve had it, having processed and analyzed what you’ve said more fully.
  • They enjoy talking about future possibilities in a linear fashion.
  • These types have a lot of ‘epiphanies’ or ‘realizations.’
  • Ni dominant types often give off a stoic or “Zen” vibe.
  • These types usually advocate for thinking through your options carefully, optimizing your experiences and keeping your long-term objectives in mind at all times.
Introverted Feeling (Fi):

Fi Dominant Types: INFP, ISFP
Secondary Fi Users: ENFP, ESFP

How to spot them:

• Fi users tend to use emotion-laden vocabulary (I.e. Preferring the phrase, “I feel like…” over “I think that…”).
  • Fi dominant types tend to ‘zone out’ or daydream more than any other type – they may even do this in the middle of a conversation.
  • They are incredibly patient listeners who are happy to let you talk for as long as you need to, without jumping in to offer solutions.
  • These types connect and show empathy by exposing their own experiences and struggles as a means of letting you know you’re not alone.
  • Fi users are the easiest types to offend, particularly if you question an aspect of their identity or betray one of their morals.
  • They will almost always argue from a subjective or emotional standpoint – often using the way they feel as an argument in and of itself.
  • These types make other people feel comfortable by exhibiting an inclusive, non-judgmental attitude toward them.
  • These types usually advocate for staying true to oneself, following your heart and doing what you know to be right.

Logo5-invert.png

I feel like im in-between both of those..i mean..im INFP and my biggest flaw is always trying to find solutions for people because i want to help them...and its not always appreciated and is more of an annoyance.

It's hard to just listen because of this strong urge to help others.

Me and my big mouth
:m025::m033:

That is kinda true....without talking about combination with other functions.

Reactions: Free
I would have mentioned a few other things about Ni:

* Cutting to the chase: quickly seeing the core issue, and getting impatient with minutiae.
* Considering the big picture: judging the here and now according to how it will work out in the long run.
* Intuiting an interpretation instantaneously and then keeping the radar going to pick up corroborating, or contradictory facts.

I would have mentioned a few other things about Ni:

* Cutting to the chase: quickly seeing the core issue, and getting impatient with minutiae.
* Considering the big picture: judging the here and now according to how it will work out in the long run.
* Intuiting an interpretation instantaneously and then keeping the radar going to pick up corroborating, or contradictory facts.
This is what I'm talking about :p

I think this is essentially combined Ni + Te / Fe (.....I guess it depends on what subject we're dealing with)

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
I feel like im in-between both of those..i mean..im INFP and my biggest flaw is always trying to find solutions for people because i want to help them...and its not always appreciated and is more of an annoyance.

It's hard to just listen because of this strong urge to help others.

Me and my big mouth
:m025::m033:

I have a couple INFP friends who occasionally think that maybe they're actually INFJ's, largely because they aspire to Fe and Fi+Ne in a way can look a lot like Fe. I think INFP's mistyping as INFJ's is pretty common. But everything you've just said supports your INFP-ness, which is great! :)

"My biggest flaw is always trying to find solutions [extroverted intuition] for people because I want to help them [introverted feeling w/ emphasis on the "I want"]...and it's not always appreciated and is more of an annoyance". [Ni pairs with Fe or Te in INXJ's so they aren't usually as forward with offering solutions because their problem solving is introverted, and with INFJ's their Fe doesn't want to impose--you have to ask for help or already be considered a friend or loved one]

"It's hard to just listen because of this strong urge to help others" [in my observation, people with dominant introverted processing functions (Ni and Si) are fairly good listeners because they want to absorb information and shift through it versus people with dominant judging functions who are more reactive (Fe, Fi, Te, Ti)

Reactions: Free and Soulfire
Taken word for word from:
http://personalitytheorist.tumblr.c...ow-to-recognize-each-myers-briggs-personality

I've read a lot and haven't seen it put this clearly before.

Introverted Intuition (Ni):

Ni Dominant Types: INTJ, INFJ
Secondary Ni Users: ENTJ, ENFJ

How to spot them:

• Everything an Ni dominant type does is deliberate. You will likely get the sense that they have carefully (but covertly) planned out their actions and words.
  • They may ask many questions in conversation, but questions tend to be open-ended. I.e. “Can you tell me more about that,” As opposed to, “When did that happen?”
  • They prefer sticking to one topic of conversation but may feel the need to ‘explain around’ the topic if they are unable to convey the essence of it concisely.
  • Ni dominant types usually pause to fully take in and consider what you have said in conversation before replying.
  • They may also return to a topic of conversation weeks after you’ve had it, having processed and analyzed what you’ve said more fully.
  • They enjoy talking about future possibilities in a linear fashion.
  • These types have a lot of ‘epiphanies’ or ‘realizations.’
  • These types usually advocate for thinking through your options carefully, optimizing your experiences and keeping your long-term objectives in mind at all times.
Introverted Feeling (Fi):

Fi Dominant Types: INFP, ISFP
Secondary Fi Users: ENFP, ESFP

How to spot them:

• Fi users tend to use emotion-laden vocabulary (I.e. Preferring the phrase, “I feel like…” over “I think that…”).
  • Fi dominant types tend to ‘zone out’ or daydream more than any other type – they may even do this in the middle of a conversation.
  • They are incredibly patient listeners who are happy to let you talk for as long as you need to, without jumping in to offer solutions.
  • These types connect and show empathy by exposing their own experiences and struggles as a means of letting you know you’re not alone.
  • Fi users are the easiest types to offend, particularly if you question an aspect of their identity or betray one of their morals.
  • They will almost always argue from a subjective or emotional standpoint – often using the way they feel as an argument in and of itself.
  • These types make other people feel comfortable by exhibiting an inclusive, non-judgmental attitude toward them.
  • These types usually advocate for staying true to oneself, following your heart and doing what you know to be right.
I have a couple INFP friends who occasionally think that maybe they're actually INFJ's, largely because they aspire to Fe and Fi+Ne in a way can look a lot like Fe. I think INFP's mistyping as INFJ's is pretty common. But everything you've just said supports your INFP-ness, which is great! :)

"My biggest flaw is always trying to find solutions [extroverted intuition] for people because I want to help them [introverted feeling w/ emphasis on the "I want"]...and it's not always appreciated and is more of an annoyance". [Ni pairs with Fe or Te in INXJ's so they aren't usually as forward with offering solutions because their problem solving is introverted, and with INFJ's their Fe doesn't want to impose--you have to ask for help or already be considered a friend or loved one]

"It's hard to just listen because of this strong urge to help others" [in my observation, people with dominant introverted processing functions (Ni and Si) are fairly good listeners because they want to absorb information and shift through it versus people with dominant judging functions who are more reactive (Fe, Fi, Te, Ti)

woah
Both of these functions r dum

woah cool. can you help me to discover my type? first time I'm typed as intp but when I see the people who share the same personality, it felt weird to me. I remembered I ever joined that test before and I opened the result and it was infp. for long time I search about infp and read the details about the function and the main function but the Fi is only fit me a little. I do have my values and will be angry if somebody attack it especially when they don't know what they're talking about but I don't always go with my feelings and I use logic too. One of my friend is infp and she's so fuzzy when it comes to love plus ours being mostly different that make me question my type. My other friend is infp, she talks things, mostly so unrealistic, she tries to be sensitive to other friends but often she misses the chance when she has to be sensitive.

I run the mbti test for more than 10 times with various websites (carl jung, humanmetrics, and a lot of them) and the results are various too. I also read the description clearly between infp and intp and knowledge the function so I think I'm both infp and intp (I know this is silly, nobody belongs to two type)

I also searched in on youtube and I saw the comment section somebody say "typeinmind" is better test to check cuz they do test on main cognitions plus it's only three questions compared to 100 questions that obviously will make you tired in the half and start being inconsistent. I joined it and the result is infj. I never thought or consider I'm infj so I read the description and it fit me at the things I don't realize I have it. I have Ti and it grows bigger cuz I ever be in depression and that be said, your other functions appear when you undergone some traumas. I have 3 infj people in life and I check our similiarities to see if I'm similiar with them or not. but at some points, I share some infp type too. so I'm between infj and infp. can somebody help me?? your help means a lot to me

People said Ni is mysterious, but in my opinion the most mysterious function is Fi -- easiest to relate to, hardest to fully understand.

Not that it's a bad thing, though. :grinning:

Reactions: Free, Wyote and Ren
How to spot them:

Spotted :sweatsmile:

People said Ni is mysterious, but in my opinion the most mysterious function is Fi -- easiest to relate to, hardest to fully understand.

Not that it's a bad thing, though. :grinning:

Agreed about Fi.

Reactions: Free and Wyote