Reading List (or other) for Parents

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
Hi,

I wanted to share my list of books I've been reading to educate myself as a parent. My intention is for the thread to become a resource for parents on the forum, new or seasoned. If you have books (or articles) that you think other parents should know about, please share them here. I, personally, is very interested and curious, and I would appreciate your contribution very much.

Remember: while this thread might make you feel like you're not doing enough, that is not the intent, the fact that you're here means that you are doing the right thing for your child. You don't have to consume everything out there to be a good parent. Your love, your instincts, and your best efforts are enough.

Good luck with your parenting journey.

Reactions: Wyote
8445273.jpg

In my opinion if you only read this book, you've learnt about 70% of what you need to know. It's backed by science and research, and comes with practical advice on how to raise a happy, healthy and moral children.

I am still reading this one, so far so good. I'll write more once I am done.

These two by Allan Schore are a little more dense. If you are into psychoanalysis, you would enjoy them. They delve more into the early development of child psychology and cognitive development.

41GrzHWGEoL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
41tEmAwgZbL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and David54
511I2LA%2BIBL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reading this now.