Love Often & Absolutely ♡
Retired Staff
Jul 14, 2016
USA
MBTI
INFJ-t
Enneagram
2w1, 2w3
For all of you that love to read this site is absolutely the bomb!

It's FREE and it's mobile!

53,068 titles to choose from!
A virtual library in your pocket!

www.gutenburg.org/ebooks/23

Perhaps I'm a late bloomer and many of you all know about this site...however, I'm feeling like I just landed in heaven <3 :p

Reactions: Gaze and invisible
For all of you that love to read this site is absolutely the bomb!

It's FREE and it's mobile!

53,068 titles to choose from!
A virtual library in your pocket!

www.gutenburg.org/ebooks/23

Perhaps I'm a late bloomer and many of you all know about this site...however, I'm feeling like I just landed in heaven <3 :p

Oops, you just need to update your link as "gutenberg" rather than "gutenburg".

I don't think you're a late bloomer. I was aware of this years ago but I see now you've shared your thoughts about it that it seems to have come a long way since then. That and I didn't have an ereader back then...

Reactions: Gaze and Sandie33
Oops, you just need to update your link as "gutenberg" rather than "gutenburg".

I don't think you're a late bloomer. I was aware of this years ago but I see now you've shared your thoughts about it that it seems to have come a long way since then. That and I didn't have an ereader back then...
Thank you for catching that in the link. Balls if I don't make a lot of typos when I get excited lol. :p... And finding all those titles was absolutely titillating...

Reactions: invisible
What have you been reading so far? What titles do you have planned to read?

Are you using your ereader?
I just found this link this afternoon while searching for another topic. I didn't download them to my tablet, I have Kindle app there. Rather I just bookmarked the Guttenberg site on my tablet and my phone--there is a listing to choose which mode you'd like to read from. Online or reader.
I chose these to start:

A Treatise of Human Nature
David Hume
(I'm partway through Sect VII:Of Abstract Ideas. This is a good read thus far. I'd recommend it if you like Human Philosophy)

The Critique of Pure Reason
Immanuel Kent

The Republic
Plato

Huck Finn--just for fun. I absolutely love Pipi Longstocking, lol.

Thank you for your interest. I assume you like to read also? I have always loved to read, even at a young age. :)

I just found this link this afternoon while searching for another topic. I didn't download them to my tablet, I have Kindle app there. Rather I just bookmarked the Guttenberg site on my tablet and my phone--there is a listing to choose which mode you'd like to read from. Online or reader.
I chose these to start:

A Treatise of Human Nature
David Hume
(I'm partway through Sect VII:Of Abstract Ideas. This is a good read thus far. I'd recommend it if you like Human Philosophy)

The Critique of Pure Reason
Immanuel Kent

The Republic
Plato

Huck Finn--just for fun. I absolutely love Pipi Longstocking, lol.

Thank you for your interest. I assume you like to read also? I have always loved to read, even at a young age. :)

I love reading too,

I think Tom Sawyer was more of a children's book, but Huck Finn is more for adults? I haven't read Tom Sawyer, only Huck Finn. I've never read Pipi Longstocking. But I enjoy children's classics. I love Jack London (White Fang... but particularly The Star Rover which is not really for children) and Robert Louis Stevenson (I think his best work, out of seven novels I've read, is David Balfour).

I did an undergraduate degree with a major in "English" (literatures). (literatures in englishes.)

My reading habit has really fallen apart over more recent years as I have been doing my postgraduate degree but I'm looking forward to reading more again once I finish in a month or two. I really miss reading so much. It's so nourishing. Few experiences in life match the experience of reading.

I would love to read more philosophy in future, I think Kant might be over my head. I have read a fair bit of philosophy but mostly very much in the context of literature I've read. But I would like to try and get some philosophical texts on my ereader. I've got a Kobo, so maybe I'll check out your Hume recommendation when I get my study out of the way.

Reactions: Sandie33
I love reading too,

I think Tom Sawyer was more of a children's book, but Huck Finn is more for adults? I haven't read Tom Sawyer, only Huck Finn. I've never read Pipi Longstocking. But I enjoy children's classics. I love Jack London (White Fang... but particularly The Star Rover which is not really for children) and Robert Louis Stevenson (I think his best work, out of seven novels I've read, is David Balfour).

I did an undergraduate degree with a major in "English" (literatures). (literatures in englishes.)

My reading habit has really fallen apart over more recent years as I have been doing my postgraduate degree but I'm looking forward to reading more again once I finish in a month or two. I really miss reading so much. It's so nourishing. Few experiences in life match the experience of reading.

I would love to read more philosophy in future, I think Kant might be over my head. I have read a fair bit of philosophy but mostly very much in the context of literature I've read. But I would like to try and get some philosophical texts on my ereader. I've got a Kobo, so maybe I'll check out your Hume recommendation when I get my study out of the way.
It is wonderful to hear you apreciate reading so!! I concur...White Fang is a wonderful read. I've not heard of this "David Balfour", I'll look into that :)

I read Twain for fun. It has been a few years since twisting his page.
I've never read Pipi Longstocking.
Oh, if you get the chance to read Pipi do! It may be a bit elementary--but oh so much fun...She leaps off the page and she is quite the character, with an open imagination. (As a young girl I could relate to her and Huck. Trouble just seems to follow lol.) Pollyanna also. It's enjoyable to me to revisit the halls in my mind by revisiting childhood reads. There is a lesson in each book by Twain. ...Stewart Little, Charlotte's Web(love for EBWhite), and I cannot forget the adventures of Pooh!

I volunteered with our local literacy program for years and directed many to the classic children's stories. One of my happiest and most humbling moments was in 1994 when I assisted a 62 year old gentleman in learning reading and comprehension. He had left school in fifth grade because of life events at the time. He struggled and worked very hard. His skill wasn't much past that of a third grade reader. My heart broke for him at this news. However, with perseverance he did quite well. And to see the joy on his face when I cut him loose in the rows of books at the public library is indescribable. We both cried at his success...because he claimed to be forever grateful for my help in opening up a new world to him. I held him only to the promise that he continue to read, then read some more lol...and when the chance presented itself for him to pay it forward, and he could pass on the skill of reading that he do it with gusto.:p

but I'm looking forward to reading more again once I finish in a month or two
I hope you do get the opportunity to resume your reading! From what you say, you have perused extensive formal education. Congratulations! I hope you take pride in all your efforts. I admit a twinge of envy, lol.

It's so nourishing. Few experiences in life match the experience of reading.
You are so right!!

I'll check out your Hume recommendation when I get my study out of the way.
Please do. And perhaps let me know what your thoughts of him are. (?) Philosophy is a grand topic. Though open-mindedness is key when digging in the minds of others. We all have mental filters that have been fostered by life events & experiences (or lack of ;-)) Too many debates evolve into argument because of one's interpretation of one 'ology or another. :) Thank You for letting me enjoy my tangent about reading. Hope to hear later what all you decided to dive into--tc and happy reading!!