rare Venus alignment | INFJ Forum

rare Venus alignment

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Weather permitting, some will be able to witness a rare alignment with Venus appearing to pass across the sun this afternoon. Careful with your eyes, and at least check out a video of it later. Astounding.

Weather permitting, some will be able to witness a rare alignment with Venus appearing to pass across the sun this afternoon. Careful with your eyes, and at least check out a video of it later. Astounding.

I so want to look into the eyes of the sun... however, I do still need my retinas. Sigh. Will check out the videos later. :D

If [MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] and I are both in the same place and not busy tonight, we may try photographing it the same way we did the eclipse. No promises though.

Hi there, goodluck with the transit viewing. There are some excellent articles on the Web and googleplus. I'm watching an horizon TV special on BBC now. I hope to see it early morning in UK.:)

There's a great hangout on googleplus by +Fraser Cain if anyone wants to watch it. The transit has already

Well, we can sit it with our solar glasses if we look for a few seconds (to focus) but the camera can't get past the brightness of the sun...it totally washes out the tiny black dot, so no photos. Sorry.

Our planetarium at our university gave us a really good viewing inside and outside. Sadly, the sun, along with the transit is starting to set. I will post some pics I took from my phone in a bit.

trans1.jpgtrans2.jpgtrans3.jpg

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] love those pictures. I really enjoyed the transit, I'm like a big kid when it comes to this kind of stuff. 105 years until the next one. Seeing Venus look so small against the sun, when its roughly the size of earth was impressive too, like a cosmic scale of things.

There was a great picture on twitter I've put below, if I've done it right.