Radar fo the other | INFJ Forum

Radar fo the other

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
In Anna Karenina there is paragraph where it is described how Anna was so in love with Vronski that she could "sense" his presence when he was in the room full of people with her. Or something like that. I always found that rather truth. Not in metyphysical way. It is the fact that whene I feel for someone I usuall don't have too much efort to be aware of one's presence in crowd. It is as I have some radar on my skin or eyes on back of my head. Another thing is that I can experience "focus", it is as all others except "The One" are in some sort of fog, they are less visible.
Your experiences?

I experience something similar.. when I am acutely aware of someone's presence. I would just know that the person or a particular entity would be around. :)

The sense organs deliver their input to the emotional centers of the brain before the centers that consciously create perception. Many people who are blind due to brain damage but still have functional eyes have strong emotional reactions to familiar faces they see. They don't realize they have seen anything, but the emotions can often tell them who is in their presence.

I wonder if intuitive types, who ability to consciously sense things is somewhat reduced, might also rely more on this subconscious perception based on emotional resonance.

Reactions: rawr
The sense organs deliver their input to the emotional centers of the brain before the centers that consciously create perception. Many people who are blind due to brain damage but still have functional eyes have strong emotional reactions to familiar faces they see. They don't realize they have seen anything, but the emotions can often tell them who is in their presence.

I wonder if intuitive types, who ability to consciously sense things is somewhat reduced, might also rely more on this subconscious perception based on emotional resonance.

Wow, nice explanation...

I guess i have had similar experiences. When i'm close to or strongly interested in someone, i become hyper aware of their presence and "feel" it differently, and the response is entirely involuntary.

I guess i have had similar experiences. When i'm close to or strongly interested in someone, i become hyper aware of their presence and "feel" it differently, and the response is entirely involuntary.

I like term, literally hyper aware...

I like term, literally hyper aware...

tbh, i've questioned this feeling because it makes me anxious rather than relaxed. This has made me wonder whether the feelings are good or real. I often feel more self conscious when it happens.

Last edited:
No, I don't ever sense another in this way, and that may be because I have no connections with anyone at this level. It's not that I feel deprived though.