the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
[h=5]According to the U.S. government: "White (Not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

Personally, I dont think people from Africa or the Middle East are white. Especially since most people from the Middle East I talked to told me they were Asian. I dont know why people from North Africa get to be white, but the european colonists from South Africa are not considered white!

[/h]

According to the U.S. government: "White (Not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

Personally, I dont think people from Africa or the Middle East are white. Especially since most people from the Middle East I talked to told me they were Asian. I dont know why people from North Africa get to be white, but the european colonists from South Africa are not considered white!

Key word here is "origins", ethnic origins. And by origins they mean way, waaaaay back in time. Because European peoples were originally nomads that spread off up to Europe from the Middle East and Northern Africa. So yeah, European colonists should be considered white too. If they don't on whatever you're looking at, I have no explanation.

This concept of race is kind of silly though, because everyone's been intermixed and there really aren't ways to distinguish races from each other genetically, except for the obvious outside features. The genetic differentiation among two people WITHIN any single given group is going to be greater than the differentiation between the averages of two completely different groups.

I think that there are a few South Africans who would disagree with some of your claims.

And yes, a lot of people are mixed
I actually found out I'm about a thirtieth Native American the other day...
Why are we bringing this up exactly?

Last edited:
I think that there are a few South Africans who would disagree with some of your claims.

And yes, a lot of people are mixed
I actually found out I'm about a thirtieth Native American the other day...
Why are we bringing this up exactly?

Because its a forum and you are supposed to bring up petty bs for serious discussion, duh.

Look at you. Copying and pasting from Facebook. /golf claps
No one took the bait over on FB.
Honkey.

The idea of different human races is a cultural construction. The reason people from North Africa "get to be white" is that they are genetically about as closely related to Italians as Italians are to Germans. Italian people are white, so why aren't the North Africans? You can go on like that: if the North Africans are white, then why aren't the Central Africans? All of a sudden everyone is white except for the Aboriginal Australians who unfortunately don't seem to fit in anywhere. You have to draw the line somewhere, and where you do is pretty much up to you. Apparently some people draw it between North Africans and Central Africans, and to me that's as good a place as any other.

That being said, if South Africans of European ancestry are not considered white, something is wrong. Your race is based on your heritage, not your ethnicity.

Look at you. Copying and pasting from Facebook. /golf claps
No one took the bait over on FB.
Honkey.

Is that a problem for you?

Your race is based on your heritage, not your ethnicity.

The problems that this is supposed to fix are related to your skin color and not necessarily your ethnicity or heritage. I.e. a Jamaican would be discriminated against because of his skin color not because he came from Jamaica which most every one would agree is a cool place to smoke weed. And Joanna Garcia probably never would be discriminated against because she looks like a hot white girl, but she is really a hot Cuban half breed.

According to the U.S. government: "White (Not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

I've seen "White (Not Hispanic or Latino)" on forms before- but what do you put if you're both?? I usually just end up putting "Mixed" (if that's an option), or "Hispanic/Latino," but being less than half I always wondered if I'm Hispanic/Latino enough to qualify for that category. :eek:hwell: