Ni-INFJ-A
Enneagram
Warlock
The end of an era…so sad.
Thoughts??

Rupert Murdoch Takes Over National Geographic,
Then Lays Off Award-Winning Staff

http://reverbpress.com/business/rupert-murdoch-national-geographic-layoffs/

MURDOCH’S GOT PLANS FOR NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC.

The memo went out, and November 3rd 2015 came to the National Geographic office.
This was the day in which Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox took over National Geographic.

The management of National Geographic sent out an email telling its staff, all of its staff, all to report to their headquarters, and wait by their phones.
This pulled back every person who was in the field, every photographer, every reporter, even those on vacation had to show up on this fateful day.

As these phones rang, one by one National Geographic let go the award-winning staff, and the venerable institution was no more.
The name now belongs to Rupert Murdoch, and he has plans for it.

The CEO of National Geographic Society, Greg Knell, tried to claim back in September that there “there won’t be an [editorial] turn in a direction that is different form the National Geographic heritage.”

Murdoch’s move today only served to prove Knell’s words hollow, with hundreds of talented people now served their pink slips.
And with the recognition that Murdoch’s other enterprises do not reflect the standards held by National Geographic, and with Murdoch’s history of changing the editorial direction of purchased properties, today’s move indicates that we can expect a similar shift for National Geographic.

National Geographic‘s weakness has been its cable channel.
While it does feature many pieces on scientific endeavors, it also has featured shows such as Doomsday Preppers and Chasing UFO’s which lacked much of the respectability of the print magazine.

They have since been removed from the schedule, but the damage to the channels reputation remains, and reflects poorly upon National Geographic itself.

The National Geographic Society has long stood for science, research, and investigation.

Murdoch’s companies have long stood against all three.

The two positions would be in conflict, save Murdoch’s company is firmly in control.
The editorial changes will therefore be severe, and erode the 127 years of publication excellence.

For the men and women who brought National Geographic to worldwide prominence, the termination of employment is a tragic end both for hard-working people, and for National Geographic itself.

50 Bugs You Won't Believe Are In Your Food!

23 Reasons You Can't Get Out Of Bed In The Morning!

43 Pictures Of Adorable Pets!

88 Beautiful Pictures Of The Milky Way!

25 OMG Nature Pics!

50 Bugs You Won't Believe Are In Your Food!

23 Reasons You Can't Get Out Of Bed In The Morning!

43 Pictures Of Adorable Pets!

88 Beautiful Pictures Of The Milky Way!

25 OMG Nature Pics!

The top 20 most beautiful waterfalls created by melting glaciers!

Top 10 animals we’re glad are extinct!

National Geographic has been a great magazine in many respects but of course through the years liberals got a hold of it and to many of the stories promoted by them took on a political life promoting liberal ideals. The standard little fact and much opinion. The idea that Murdock has stood against science is laughable and nothing more than liberal drum banging all baseless of course .
Maybe now that Murdock has a hold of it NatGeo will be a respectable magazine once again.
Things are absolutely looking up.

National Geographic has been a great magazine in many respects but of course through the years liberals got a hold of it and to many of the stories promoted by them took on a political life promoting liberal ideals. The standard little fact and much opinion. The idea that Murdock has stood against science is laughable and nothing more than liberal drum banging all baseless of course .
Maybe now that Murdock has a hold of it NatGeo will be a respectable magazine once again.
Things are absolutely looking up.

Seriously? Liberal how? That’s a joke right?
http://www.theguardian.com/environm...pert-murdoch-doesnt-understand-climate-basics

Yeah, “Doomsday Preppers” was really liberal...

Not at all. As one example Nat Geo adamantly supports the idea that global climate change is caused by humans. They promote the idea.
But its not like since its liberal take over it hasnt become tabloidish. Bigfoot etc gaining prominence. Really not a surprise though since liberals live in a fantasy land of their own making.
Murdoch who is interested in fact when it comes to world affairs can only improve Nat Geo. In the end the world wins.

Not at all. As one example Nat Geo adamantly supports the idea that global climate change is caused by humans. They promote the idea.
But its not like since its liberal take over it hasnt become tabloidish. Bigfoot etc gaining prominence. Really not a surprise though since liberals live in a fantasy land of their own making.
Murdoch who is interested in fact when it comes to world affairs can only improve Nat Geo. In the end the world wins.

In regards to your entire stance - we should probably agree to disagree.
Especially about who is living in a fantasy land and who isn’t.
No need to say inflammatory things like that btw…I’m trying to play nice ;-)

I guess time will be the ultimate judge.

I can’t wait for the “Proof of Creationism” edition…it’s gonna get super-sciency from now on, just watch!

Or their will be “The Best of African Tribal Boobs” edition, complete with the fold out pages it always had.
Hahaha

I present, the legacy of Rupert Murdoch...

[video=youtube;P74oHhU5MDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P74oHhU5MDk[/video]

Looks awesome!

Yeah, “Doomsday Preppers” was really liberal...
You must admit that a right-wing staff will air shows about insane left-leaning nutcases. And left-wing staff would air shows about right-leaning nutcases.

I haven't watched doomsday preppers. But if a consistent and significant airing of these nut-case's political leanings were focused on in most episodes - that is a type of straw-man ridiculing.

Anyhow, most media is heading online, which means potentially low production and distribution costs. The fired staff could form their own journal.

It's the contents that matter, not the banner over the content.

You must admit that a right-wing staff will air shows about insane left-leaning nutcases. And left-wing staff would air shows about right-leaning nutcases.

I haven't watched doomsday preppers. But if a consistent and significant airing of these nut-case's political leanings were focused on in most episodes - that is a type of straw-man ridiculing.

Anyhow, most media is heading online, which means potentially low production and distribution costs. The fired staff could form their own journal.

It's the contents that matter, not the banner over the content.

That would all be true except that a lot of people here in America really like that show and have begun “prepping” themselves.
These are people I worked with who were relatively intelligent and moderate in views…I can name at least 6-7 people I know who believe every bit of that show, and didn’t look at it as a bunch of “nut cases”.
I can’t explain that one…just an excuse to horde guns, ammo, and all the shit you need to be Mad Max I guess.

You’re right it is not the banner, but the content, hence the RIP.

While it does feature many pieces on scientific endeavors, it also has featured shows such as Doomsday Preppers which lacked much of the respectability of the print magazine.

I liked DDP :m069: ( tho my complaints do extend here. )

Anyway, I've been dissapointed in natgeo (and Discovery) for a while now. I watched these channels more than any other for my entire life, and I honestly feel a bit upset with the current programming.
It's all stuff like auction stuff, doc pol (who sticks his hand up a cows ass every damned episode) tuna wars, etc. I feel like it's pretty much gone to hell already.

Something that also upsets me is all that macho, overreacting, dramatic, money orientated feel the channel has.
Every show is full of that stuff and tons of trash talk. I've been slowly migrating to youtube channels which do provide the subjects in a genuine and sincere way.
In a way, its like documentaries on tv with norman freeman types are replaced by pewdiepie or simularly obnoxious youtube figure types.
And simularly the other way around. More and more serious things are comming to youtube.

I don't know what direction NatGeo will go with it's new man, but I hope it will change for the better.

Last edited:
I liked DDP :m069:

Anyway, I've been dissapointed in natgeo (and Discovery) for a while now. I watched these channels more than any other for my entire life, and I honestly feel a bit upset with the current programming.
It's all stuff like auction stuff, doc pol (who sticks his hand up a cows ass every damned episode) tuna wars, etc. I feel like it's pretty much gone to hell already.

Something that also upsets me is all that macho, overreacting, dramatic, money orientated feel the channel has.
Every show is full of that stuff and tons of trash talk. I've been slowly migrating to youtube channels which do provide the subjects in a genuine and sinsere way.
In a way, its like documentaries on tv with norman freeman types are replaced by pewdiepie or simularly obnoxious youtube figure types.
And simularly the other way around. More and more serious things are comming to youtube.

I don't know what direction NatGeo will go with it's new man, but I hope it will change for the better.

I agree with the TV channels and I wasn’t saying that “Doomsday Preppers” was bad…I have friends who “prep” so go figure.
But yes…as far as them being what they once were when they began it’s a sad shadow…it’s the MTV syndrome….it’s once played music you know?!
I severely doubt that Murdoch will make the magazine or channels any more educational, he’s one of the main guys responsible for turning our news into infotainment with political leanings, which in turn created the liberal versions of his own Fox…they are all jokes now.

I agree with the TV channels and I wasn’t saying that “Doomsday Preppers” was bad…I have friends who “prep” so go figure.
But yes…as far as them being what they once were when they began it’s a sad shadow…it’s the MTV syndrome….it’s once played music you know?!
I severely doubt that Murdoch will make the magazine or channels any more educational, he’s one of the main guys responsible for turning our news into infotainment with political leanings, which in turn created the liberal versions of his own Fox…they are all jokes now.

Yea I fear so too. Time to learn russian, those guys make mad good documentaries.

ps. wth is up with all the programs popping up showing videos from youtube ? I' keep seeing vids from known prankers and youtube channels who like to do scare pranks and social experiments on tv. With some people commenting on it.. wth is up people....

This is our fate perhaps -

[video=youtube;fooeHIC3ENY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fooeHIC3ENY[/video]

Did you know that wind farms may cause global warming? If not, look here.

[video=youtube;hSO6o6urrIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSO6o6urrIM[/video]

Fake News tells you the truth. Rupert Murdoch owns this news conglomerate.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Did you know that wind farms may cause global warming? If not, look here.

[video=youtube;hSO6o6urrIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSO6o6urrIM[/video]

Fake News tells you the truth. Rupert Murdoch owns this news conglomerate.

Foxnews uses the most truth and fact in its reporting compared to any other news station. I used to sit in a room for 6 years and watched msnbc cnn and foxnews side by side. Foxnews always had facts that could be checked and verified, the others were conjectu specula and opinion. Their facts never checked out.
I am a highly intelligent human and know what I am talking about. So as liberals cry about what foxnews says, it doesn't make it any less true.