Staff member
Administrator
Mar 28, 2009
The North
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
947 sx/sp
I was watching a bicycling video where a young woman named Kelsey Leigh—a bicycle courier in NYC—stopped and went into a little monologue. Her words and body language really captured my attention because I totally understood certain parts of it, whereas other parts seemed somewhat alien.

But one thing I felt fairly sure of—she is a sensor.

I transcribed her (out of breath) freewheel monologue:

Um, another thing I wanted to say… is I feel like… people don’t understand that… in order to be a messenger, you have to know your city, like inside and out… so… when you see people you think they’re like… taking risks or whatever… or they like making stupid choices… they’re actually making choices that they… like… like this area. I spend a lot of time in this area so I know how the lights work, how the peop– like how the… the actio– like… the mind of the… the, the air, the atmosphere of the people that walk through here like… so, whenever you see a messenger, like—doing their thing—it’s ‘cause they’re literally “doing their thing”... like they know… they know the cit– it’s a system out here, it has a heartbeat, they know the rhythm—not to get all poetic and shit—but… that’s… that's how it is. So… I don’t know. I feel like people watch these videos and a lot of times people that don’t ride bikes and they don’t really understand… the whole, uh... what city riding is but it’s… you just have to be very aware. If you see someone taking a risk it’s ‘cause they know… the physics and the… the space… ‘cause they have spatial awareness they know they can pull it off. ‘cause I don’t do things that I don’t know that I can pull off, if that makes sense. Yeah, I just had to say that, I dunno.

The monologue starts at 9:26 in the video below, and ends at 10:40.

Do you have examples of quotes or monologues that strike you as clearly speaking to type or a certain cognitive function?

Cheers,
Ian

That's some great insight on her part. I think it's transferable across many occurrences.
More often people aren't being crazy, they're just doing things at their level of comfort/familiarity.

Fascinating ST in that video @aeon

This is another ST, but this time there's no speaking. The communication is exquisite between the craftsman, the wood and the environment

I've a feeling someone posted this before somewhere a couple of years ago, but I've no idea where.

Japanese woodcraft and bladecraft videos are...well, stunning on many levels—display of skill and maintenance of both cultural and technical traditions being easily evident. But so is recognition of being one with nature, patience, and frugality with resources.

Watching those videos can be so deeply satisfying such is my engagement and contemplation.

Cheers,
Ian