Questions about INFJ | INFJ Forum

Questions about INFJ

Sammers

Lucky
May 11, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
So, being new to the site and fairly young, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for me. For a while I have been switching back and forth between INFJ and INFP, because I could relate to both of them. I realize that they have completely flipped functions and such, but for whatever reason I can't settle on one. In my head, I am always running through what I need to do next and in what order so that I can get it done most efficiently, but on the outside I probably seem like a complete mess. My room is messy and so are my school things, but I can still generally find them. I also tend to know when others are upset, especially those close to me, but don't realize when I am being grumpy (others have to tell me). Once I got in trouble for being disrespectful, while I thought that u was being perfectly normal and relaxed. However, I still have a strong belief system. Being raised Christian, I have strong opinions about quite a few things. However, I try not to judge others because of a difference of opinion and instead gently suggest what I think, trying not to say that they are wrong. Sometimes I do, usually with mom over something silly. I think part of my indecision is the fact that I am very close to my mom, and I think she might be infp. She is very stubborn and if she thinks something I'm doing is unacceptable, she makes sure to stress her opinion. There is no being wrong for her, and sometimes I become stubborn back, which doesn't get me anywhere. I am definitely introverted because o love spending time by myself and relaxing, but many people see me as friendly and inclusive. As for the intuitiveness, that's hard because I think the introverted I tuition comes to me so easily that I don't realize I'm using it. It is just a way of life and how I do things, making it confusing since it is our first function and I can't even recognize it in myself lol! I do have a sense of adventure, like rock climbing and sports, but it is not my first priority or favorite thing to do. Oh, and music is a major thing for me. I love singing, playing the clarinet and piano, and just listening to it. I find it an excellent stress relief. Writing and reading is fun too. Feeling wise, people tell me I am too sensitive all the time, and think too much. When I'm zoned out, people tell me that I look extremely concentrated and serious, in my own little world. I know this is a silly jumble of thoughts, but I'd appreciate some feedback and advice for bettering myself and growing so I can be the best that I can be! Thanks. :D

you should get typed by a professional analyst. Another option is to study the functions and see which ones apply to you. Nonetheless, i will give my subjective opinion based on what you have posted here. I dont have enough info though, i could be wrong. You give more on an INFJ vibe than an INFP for various reasons: Being unable to know your own emotions, sounds like shadow Fi, Having a rigid believe system, more usual on INFJs than INFP but not absolute of course. Using music and physical activities as stress release could signal inferior Se.

But my final opinion is: GO TO ANALYSIS!

I would recommend spending some time reading/researching the differences between Ni vs Ne and Fi vs Fe. That should help you make an educated guess on whether you use Ni-Fe or Fi-Ne. If you really want confirmation of your type, you could take the official MBTI by having it administered by a psychologist or proctored by a certified MBTI professional (even these results vary by mileage, though). Really, a combination of your own research and understanding of MBTI is helpful in your personal type discovery. A Google search should get you some decent comparisons of the functions.

From my amateur and subjective observation of this post, I would say your thought process appears to spider-web, but remains linear, which I would say is totally Ni. Ne is more leap-froggy (Intuition is bounced and expressed externally in multiple [seemingly] unrelated directions, then brings the big picture full circle and ties it all together in a wtf fashion (pretty sure I'm quoting Jung verbatim here)). Personally I think Ne is quite eccentric. And your post doesn't give off any Ne vibes. Watch some of the INTPs/ENTPs around here and you'll see what I mean.

In my head, I am always running through what I need to do next and in what order so that I can get it done most efficiently, but on the outside I probably seem like a complete mess. My room is messy and so are my school things, but I can still generally find them.

This is you exercising your judging functions, which I would say is more prominently a Feeling function based off the expression, information, and style of communication in your post, but given the information in the post there are few clues to indicate whether that's actually Fe or Fi.

I would personally say you lean Ni-Fe, but do your own research and don't take my word for it.

EDIT: tl;dr what [MENTION=4992]Sai[/MENTION] said.

Are you values more about social harmony, or internal? Do you compromise your sense of right, to maintain a cohesive atmosphere? (Fe vs Fi).

Do you notice and try to improve inconsistencies/inefficiencies in how things are done, or in your own reasoning? (Te vs Ti).

Thanks for the feedback! It means a lot to me and I'll be sure to follow the advice! Before I posted this I was pretty much certain I was INFJ, but wanted to get feedback to see how others perceive me and be sure that I wasn't being idealistic or wanting to "be that rare type". Lol, how do they come up with those statistics anyway? Again, thanks!