Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
[h=1]Questioning the French lover myth[/h]June 11 2011 at 11:37am
By John Costello
Comment on this story

AFP
Women, mostly members of feminist groups, hold placards reading "Let's Get Men Out Of Their Caverns" as they stage a demonstration against against a wave of sexist commentary generated by IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn's arrest.

They may have a reputation for being skilful and sensuous lovers, but when it comes to sex it appears Frenchmen are more Benny Hill than Casanova.
Despite its reputation for cultural superiority and sexual sophistication, a tidal wave of revelations in the wake of the scandal surrounding former IMF boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn has unmasked France as the dirty old man of Europe.

Since Strauss-Kahn was charged with sexually assaulting a Manhattan hotel maid, complaints against

My brother was in France with his wife (a beautiful woman!), and she made a point of always standing in front of him, in the sort of "standing spooning" position, because the french men would pinch/slap her ass, etc.

My brother was in France with his wife (a beautiful woman!), and she made a point of always standing in front of him, in the sort of "standing spooning" position, because the french men would pinch/slap her ass, etc.

wow . . . that must've been an experience. :p

One of my roommates during my second year of college from from France. I remember my other roommate lecturing him about how almost everything he thought was perfectly normal and acceptable interaction with the opposite sex was guaranteed to get him sued for sexual harassment in the US.

One of my roommates during my second year of college from from France. I remember my other roommate lecturing him about how almost everything he thought was perfectly normal and acceptable interaction with the opposite sex was guaranteed to get him sued for sexual harassment in the US.

I posted the article because I thought it was interesting how behavior once considered socially acceptable in one culture wouldn't be tolerated in another. But also, that behavior once tolerated in the same culture is no longer tolerated because people are now speaking out against it. It used to be considered cute or flattering if a man pinched a woman on the butt, but now it's considered sexual harrassment.

Times have changed.