Qaeda group urges day of rage in Saudi Arabia | INFJ Forum

Qaeda group urges day of rage in Saudi Arabia

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
swissinfointernational

Qaeda group urges ousting of Saudi ruling family

LONDON (Reuters) - A group linked to al Qaeda has called on Saudis to oust Saudi Arabia's ruling family and threatened attacks against the kingdom, a group that monitors Islamist websites said on Friday.

The Brigades of Abdullah Azzam said the ruling family deserved to be toppled because of its extravagant spending, ignorance of the needs of the people, "collusion" with the United States and failure to allow Saudis to benefit from the country's oil revenues, the Site Intelligence Group said.

"The regime of al-Saud should know that our war with them will happen for as long as they maintain their disbelief, oppression, mightiness and belligerence against the religion of the Almighty, and that the heads of this regime and its henchmen are legitimate targets for the mujahideen," SITE quoted the statement as saying.

Protests against poverty, corruption and oppression have raged across the Arab world for weeks, toppling entrenched leaders in Egypt and Tunisia and spreading to Bahrain, linked to Saudi Arabia -- the world's top oil exporter -- by a causeway.

Hundreds of people have backed a call on Facebook for a "day of rage" in Saudi Arabia on March 11 to demand an elected ruler, greater freedom for women and the release of political prisoners.

The statement by the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam praised the ousting of the Tunisian and Egyptian presidents.

"The regime of Saud is on top of the Arab regimes in terms of disbelief and in terms of fighting the religion of Allah, allying with the unbelievers, spoiling the people, plundering and oppressing them, and preventing them from having their legal rights," said the statement.

The group said in August that one of its suicide bombers attacked a Japanese supertanker in the Strait of Hormuz.

In 2005, a group using the same name said it carried out deadly bombings at the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh and claimed responsibility for firing rockets at two U.S. warships in Jordan's Aqaba port.

(Writing by Alison Williams; Editing by Ralph Gowling)

Reuters

The power of the internet!

The House of Saud has oppressed it's countrymen/women for long enough

It's time for the people to assert themselves

I hope that they can create a more democratic system which will reflect the will of the people. I hope it is a moderate form of Islam, which when practised on a daily basis, without hostile, external pressures, is a religion of peace

Because most people, all around the world, regardless of what name they give to god, just want to live a peaceful life in which they can raise their children to be healthy and happy I know that if the will of the people will be reflected that it will be peaceful. It has taken incredible suffering to stir them to anger

I don't know if Wahhabism would assert itself, but I don't think it is viewed favourably by other branches of Islam. The House of Saud however has funded Wahhabism and Osama Bin Ladin is a member of the House of Saud.

Isn't it interesting who is actually calling for this? MG in Libya may know more about who called the people into the streets than we want to admit.