Psychologists

Grey Wolf

Airborne all the way!
Jan 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
no idea
Anyone here a practicing Psychologist? haha. About to embark on that path myself!

I'm looking into it. That or being a LCSW. I'm still not getting a clear answer though. So I might just become a school counselor until then.

Reactions: hn87c901
I'm changing my degree from psychology to counselling psychology. Mainly to get more with the humanistic approach. Finish line a way off though, especially now I've changed route. I like to think I might get there sometime before I retire.

Thought about it years ago, lost faith when I looked at the schooling required and when I discovered my interest in the subject was meant for self discovery and to figure things out for my own. I can imagine it would be fulfilling to be a INFJ professional in the field, but the need for me to avoid the debt of college far outweighed the decision to pursue a career, that, and there were always more important things I was thinking about than to devote myself to ONE field. I'd never jump into a path with so much weight on my shoulders if I knew it wouldn't 100% guaranteed pay off.

Spend money to go to college - just be to able to (hopefully) get a job to be able to pay off the loans, in the hopes that I also have time to find and learn and experience everything else the world has to offer, all while establishing and maintaining a fruitful career? I've never been able to justify college, not even at the expense of what is probable to happen in my life, constant job changes, uncertainty of my place in the work force, generally very low income, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Thought about it years ago, lost faith when I looked at the schooling required and when I discovered my interest in the subject was meant for self discovery and to figure things out for my own. I can imagine it would be fulfilling to be a INFJ professional in the field, but the need for me to avoid the debt of college far outweighed the decision to pursue a career, that, and there were always more important things I was thinking about than to devote myself to ONE field. I'd never jump into a path with so much weight on my shoulders if I knew it wouldn't 100% guaranteed pay off.

Spend money to go to college - just be to able to (hopefully) get a job to be able to pay off the loans, in the hopes that I also have time to find and learn and experience everything else the world has to offer, all while establishing and maintaining a fruitful career? I've never been able to justify college, not even at the expense of what is probable to happen in my life, constant job changes, uncertainty of my place in the work force, generally very low income, etc. etc. etc.
@Ryso89 I sympathise. To be totally honest, it's such a long journey ahead -I'm studying part time and my course is 6 years all together,(tuition fees paid because I'm on a low income)... I'm only half way through that and then there is another 3 years to do a doctorate. You have to do that extra part to qualify, the degree in itself isn't qualification to do anything. It's taking forever.
I don't have funding for the doctorate part so it's up in the air whether it'll happen... I'm interested in the subject, but I feel that it's a long way off- and I feel like maybe I will change track and not complete after all?? Like you I was interested in the subject from a personal interest point. Also studying can kill the pure enjoyment of a subject.