Prince William/Kate Middleton engaged | INFJ Forum

Prince William/Kate Middleton engaged

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...ate-putting-commoner-in-line-to-be-queen.html

Nov. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Britain’s royal family announced the engagement of Prince William to Kate Middleton, putting her in line to become the first commoner to be queen in modern times.

William, the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and son of Diana, Princess of Wales, will marry Middleton “in the spring or summer of 2011 in London,” William’s father, Prince Charles, said in a statement issued by his office in London today. The announcement ends years of speculation about whether the second- in-line to the throne would propose to his girlfriend.

“They’ve been practicing long enough,” Charles told reporters in Dorset. He said he was “obviously thrilled.”

Royal consorts have traditionally come from the ranks of Britain’s aristocracy or other European royal houses. Middleton, the daughter of self-made millionaires, met the prince when they were students at St. Andrews University in Scotland, and they’ve been dating since 2003. Both are 28 years old.

“He has been very, very supportive of me in good times and also through the bad times and that’s very special to me,” Kate said as they posed for the cameras, showing off the engagement ring William gave Kate, which was his mother’s.
William and Kate got engaged last month during a private holiday in Kenya, according to the statement from Prince Charles. Once they’re married the couple will live in north Wales, where William will continue to serve with the Royal Air Force as a helicopter pilot.

I can't imagine the media frenzy that's going to take off.

Last edited:
The odd thing is I learned about this from 4chan.
And I don't even lurk 4chan...

Nice for them?

I guess a lavish wedding means a little extra work for the working stiffs

finally! Wish them the best.

How exciting! Best wishes to them. :)

We should send a representitive.