Predict the 1w9

Alomoes

Community Member
Jan 15, 2015
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know what a 1w9 would be like, and seeing all the Ni users here, I believe we could figure it out. Maybe.

Hitler?

Nvm.

Most people seem to think Hitler was an unhealthy 6.

1's are prone to lashing out at others when they have failed themselves(perfectionism), Hitler didn't really have this trait.

It's good to understand the philosophy of the enneagram. I think the gist of this is to first get the 3 centers: the gut center tends to take the approach to life that attempts to repress the separations between the individual and the world around. 9 is the ultimate example of this, and has issues with inaction, numbness, loss of touch with self, and blending in with environment (although the simpler example is given as just plain conflict-avoidance).
The heart center could be said to view the separation between individual and the world in terms of figuring out how the individual fits in with/has a place in the world. That is the vantage point for establishing a purpose/value to the individual.
The head center views this separation via aversion, and it's called the "mind" center since the mind denotes the aspect of the individual that most is separate from the external world and is forced to deal with a foreign situation (so e.g. enneagram 7's gluttony mixes an orientation to the individual's sense of desire with one towards closing the gap with the environment...thus has a gluttonous, rather than fully invested, sense of desire.)

Enneagram 8 and 1 rest at the borders of the gut and head/heart triads, so I understand them to employ a certain orientation that "fulfills" the fears of the head centers/heart centers in such a way as to essentially deny they exist. Enneagram 1 is based on a vigorous denial of the need to search for value/purpose in the world by a certain rigid sense of correctness applied both to the self and the environment. both are subject to the standard equally, and this represses the separation between the two, and represses the sense of choice about how to find one's significance in the cosmos.
enneagram 8 is based on a forceful, lustful moving-towards which negates the aversion-based tendencies of the mind triad. Also involves a repression of vulnerability.

1w9, as contrasted with 1w2, simply is more of a pure gut center type and has auxiliary 9, so to speak. i don't believe everyone needs to have a wing, and think the enneagram is best seen as a circle/continuum and the types/wings are just good ways of marking key patterns.
2-ish need to maintain an image of being liked reflects the falling asleep tendencies of the gut center as much as possible while still focusing in the heart center: one doesn't need to *find* one's value/purpose, as the idea is one maintains an image of being likeable, thus doesn't need to face the rush of accomplishment of type 3, or the melancholic sense of isolation and search for one's authentic image of 4.

Notice all the triads implicitly are fulfilling the 9 tendency of falling asleep by finding a repetitive pattern that "works" to fulfill their passions/emotional needs -- the heart center cannot maintain either too great a distance from or closeness to the environment, as the former results in the impossibility of finding one's place, and the latter results in making no formidable impact on the world and blending too much into it.
Ditto for the mind types in a way: obviously they can't accept excessive closeness to the external (as maximized in the separation/isolation of enneagram 5) but they also can't maintain a complete distance, as this paralyzes them from forming a strategy with which to deal with the world.
E7 is sometimes called the ultimate ego-planning type, and this is the sense in which that's true.

Last edited:
Me ... and I'm nothing like Hitler. Hitler can't be typed, he was high 24/7.

Of course nearly every time I took an enneagram test it came out different. 1w9 was a majority.

Yes I'm a perfectionist, but I don't lash out at others if I make a mistake. I don't identify with what is stated above either.

Reactions: Bellosome
I tried to do that fiddly test but I couldn't decide what I thought about any of the answers.

Reactions: CindyLou
lol I don't know, I looked it up and saw a lot of people agreeing on 6. Makes sense to me.

Lol, true.

I could see see a 1 and a 6 at extremely unhealthy levels leading that direction.

Reactions: Wyote