Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
The poll is simple: Was the Trump victory/Clinton defeat more a case of her losing, handing the victory to her opponent; or did Trump win the voters across the states, with Clinton caught short.

'Both', and 'other' options provided.

Reactions: Sandie33
Boo you troll. (And yet I take the bait.)

Trump won because people hate Hillary Clinton. Nearly half the US didn't vote because these have been the worst two candidates in history, arguably. He's not nearly as popular as you'd like to believe.

America basically hit the self-destruct button Nov. 8 rather than dealing with Clinton. People voted for him because they were pissed at the establishment and want to see it blow up. And here we have Trump working on filling his administration with renown bigots and racists already...

My entire family voted for him, and nobody likes him... My brother said he would have voted for Bernie Sanders had he run. It was the year of the outsider.

Last edited:
Boo you troll. (And yet I take the bait.)

Trump won because people hate Hillary Clinton. Nearly half the US didn't vote because these have been the worst two candidates in history, arguably. He's not nearly as popular as you'd like to believe.

America basically hit the self-destruct button Nov. 8 rather than dealing with Clinton. People voted for him because they were pissed at the establishment and want to see it blow up. And here we have Trump working on filling his administration with renown bigots and racists already...

My entire family voted for him, and nobody likes him... My brother said he would have voted for Bernie Sanders had he run. It was the year of the outsider.
You're the black sheep of the family? Thumbs up.

I can't get my mind around how closely aligned people were with Clinton... and that so many people voted for her... and were genuinely upset she lost; because, as you say, she was a very repellent character.

Mind you, many people seem to have a deep-seated resentment towards change. In my working life, I have seen people quit over changes to the lunch catering system. (Different company, that provided fresh-cooked instead of pre-prepared).

You're the black sheep of the family? Thumbs up.

I can't get my mind around how closely aligned people were with Clinton... and that so many people voted for her... and were genuinely upset she lost; because, as you say, she was a very repellent character.

Mind you, many people seem to have a deep-seated resentment towards change. In my working life, I have seen people quit over changes to the lunch catering system. (Different company, that provided fresh-cooked instead of pre-prepared).
Yes, I am the lone liberal progressive. Holidays are so much fun!

I voted for Clinton because I'd rather have status quo than someone with zero experience and no demonstrated understanding of the US Constitution "shake things up." Isn't that ironic?

Yes, I am the lone liberal progressive. Holidays are so much fun!

I voted for Clinton because I'd rather have status quo than someone with zero experience and no demonstrated understanding of the US Constitution "shake things up." Isn't that ironic?
Are you saying that Clinton was the conservative (lower case 'c') choice?

(I'm the lone mischievous-right in my family whoot!)

Reactions: acd
No matter who won, the loser was this country. Both choices were awful, and it was unfortunate that those two were from whom we had to choose. Trump didn't technically win the voters across the states though, Clinton did actually win the popular vote, although it was quite close.

I would say that what won in this election was apathy, and a preponderance of people complaining whilst doing nothing to fix what they were complaining about. There has been more investment after the vote, than before the vote. Perhaps things would be better now, if that had been reversed.

Both candidates are shit, though. This election was painful to watch, and both candidates shot themselves in the foot on multiple occasions. The vote wouldn't have been so close, had either candidate actually been decent, and had more people been able to find a candidate worth supporting. Instead, we were left with two jokes.

People voted for him because they were pissed at the establishment and want to see it blow up wanted a candidate that spoke heavily to the poorer, blue-collar rural communities that make up the geographic majority of the nation, as Obama's administration left many feeling left out/disenfranchised. Also white nationalists and people who were sick of career politicians. And email scandals, or something.

Reactions: Sriracha
Take a look at the most highly concentrated areas of the popular vote. In my state alone you see the "blue" where there are colleges. In my experience with college ... more than half are completely idiotic about politics and feed off their highly charged intelligent friends or professors or perhaps they were sold on the idea of going to school for free. Don't think professors are biased? Not so fast ... during elections when I was in college my professors constantly made mention of voting on the democrat ticket. So much for encouraging students toward independent thinking. Young voters don't have their eyes open to how the media manipulates, and how the majority of media is manipulated by Democrats. John Oliver? I adore him. Sorry, HBO/Time Warner is seriously Democrat based ... Hillary owned him.

Last edited:
Reactions: CindyLou
@Horatio
If you have a point to make, do it in your own post, do not insert your words into mine.

He's a disaster, and people still voted for him. I'd like to see him do some good because I do not want to live in a hellhole, however, I don't have a lot of faith given his admin picks so far and his behavior in recent days.

People talk about how horrible Hillary Clinton is (and still want to say she is guilty after she was cleared TWICE. many of us no longer value the concept of innocent until proven guilty.)--Trump hasn't proven himself to be ethical. He is just an outsider promising to "drain the swamp." People hate politicians these days. Anyone who voted for him because they think he is qualified and possesses the ethics and character to lead is delusional.

Last edited:
There is no winning an argument on who has a better character here. Both sides will always see the opposite as the most evil ... period, based on what they believe to be the most important aspects of why they cast their vote for their candidate. You can be emotionally charged at Trump and all the people who voted for him; all it will do is create unnecessary stress and hate in your life. Trump has always had a big mouth, thus giving him more transparency than any other candidate out there. He hasn't been preparing for this day, he hasn't had to watch what he says. Anyone who says his locker room talk about women is deplorable have never sat in a cockpit. It's not new news here that many men actually talk like this, should we be offended? I don't care, I honestly don't. There are aspects to Trumps character I absolutely dislike, do I think it will affect his ability to be a great president? Absolutely not. Is he xenophobic and all Trump's supporters xenophobic? Absolutely not. We do have logic, and in that logic we simply cannot be the humanitarians of the entire world. Border security IS NEEDED. Live in AZ, NM or TX and you'll see why. Texas is the 1st worst state for number of kids in foster care, AZ is 2nd. TX sends illegal immigrant children by the busloads to AZ, and we send them back b/c we have no space. Look up the holding pin in Nogales. Your tax dollars are being spent on this, and your underpaid social workers are being squeezed dry when we already have enough issues with citizen children being in state care. Do I have a problem with Mexican citizens? Absolutely not, I have some best friends who are such. Do I think the Veterans are not being taken care of? Loaded question for a person whose father died last year b/c the VAMC was not equipped to deal with his problems ... and btw he had pay for a cab to take him to the hospital b/c the VA will not pay for ambulance services ... he couldn't afford it and he never told any of us b/c he DIDN'T WANT TO BE A BURDEN.

Stock market is already doing well and Miley Cyrus has packed her bags. Btw, I thought Obama was unfit to be president and yet conservatives had to stomach his bullshit for the last 8 years (with the exception of same sex marriage.) Perspective is just that: perspective. I vote based on the needs for my family, not for the sake of the world. The world doesn't care about me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Many men-- most men do not act towards and talk about women the way Trump has and continues to do. It's not normal guy behavior. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go back in time to when it was normal to treat women like animals and sex objects. That's unfair to say about men. it's a cop out. It's disgusting behavior and being a guy is no excuse.

Make all the excuses you want for him @Sriracha . I have a serious issue with him wanting to put white nationalists (Steve Bannon, chief of staff) and demonstrated racists (Jeff Sessions for attorney general) in places of power. That should also concern you. It concerns me because I have a son who will not grow up to treat people differently based on race.... Gender.... Or religion or sexual orientation. I worry about the cesspool he will inherit because of this election.

Last edited:
@Horatio
If you have a point to make, do it in your own post, do not insert your words into mine.

He's a disaster, and people still voted for him. I'd like to see him do some good because I don't want to live in a hellhole, however, I don't have a lot of faith given his admin picks so far and his behavior in recent days.

People talk about how horrible Hillary Clinton is (and still want to say she is guilty after she was cleared TWICE. many of us no longer value the concept of innocent until proven guilty.)--Trump hasn't proven himself to be ethical. He is just an outsider promising to "drain the swamp." People hate politicians these days. Anyone who voted for him because they think he is qualified and possesses the ethics and character to lead is delusional.
I had to insert one word into your post: 'don't'.

@acd You have to remember there were millions of us Americans who were supporting Rubio, Cruz and Carson FIRST. There were many of us who were supporting Cain when he ran against Obama. Your children understanding how they should not treat others differently begins at home. Not all children are raised in an environment where the parents support critical and independent thinking. My children know my views, but they also know that they don't have to agree. They know that how they will vote in the future depends on their lifestyle choices. I can't control how others raise their children. Just in my ISFJ world view ... you can change the life of one in helping instead of bitching about the world's problems. It is impossible to solve everyone's problems, the government was not created to babysit people for the rest of their lives. All you can do is open up possibilities and hope people make the right choices.

Reactions: CindyLou
I had to insert one word into your post: 'don't'.
I edited this a few times because I kept thinking of more to say... But the mobile version is wonky. And sometimes the characters don't show up in editing despite typing them. Oh well. That is for another thread.

Reactions: the
The DNC failed us, why the fuck would we vote for a neocon "democrat" who basically has 99% republican policies? DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP OR CLINTON BTW

Fuck both of them.

You know who would have won? Bernie Sanders. Fuck the DNC for putting up Hilary the crook instead of a Dem who would have actually won

as for trump

pretty sure he is going to get assassinated right soon so I ain't too worried about it

Reactions: the and Skarekrow
The DNC failed us, why the fuck would we vote for a neocon "democrat" who basically has 99% republican policies? DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP OR CLINTON BTW

Fuck both of them.

You know who would have won? Bernie Sanders. Fuck the DNC for putting up Hilary the crook instead of a Dem who would have actually won

as for trump

pretty sure he is going to get assassinated right soon so I ain't too worried about it

Except then you have the religious bigot Pence running the show...not sure which is worse.
You would have to assassinate them both simultaneously. ;)

Reactions: slant
Except then you have the religious bigot Pence running the show...not sure which is worse.
You would have to assassinate them both simultaneously. ;)
Ehhh

Look I'm a progressive, a hardcore progressive and at the end of the day we now have a Republican House, Senate and President. At the end of four years when everything is worse we can raise hell about how the Republicans fucked everything up, now they have no excuse, they have full control and I promise ya they are not gonna folllow through on their promises of creating more wealth and jobs, and certainly not going to

"make america great again"

because that is the vaguest slogan ever, and due to that, impossible to satisfy.

Reactions: Skarekrow
If there are any victories here, it's probably Pyrrhic.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Ehhh

Look I'm a progressive, a hardcore progressive and at the end of the day we now have a Republican House, Senate and President. At the end of four years when everything is worse we can raise hell about how the Republicans fucked everything up, now they have no excuse, they have full control and I promise ya they are not gonna folllow through on their promises of creating more wealth and jobs, and certainly not going to

"make america great again"

because that is the vaguest slogan ever, and due to that, impossible to satisfy.

Couldn’t agree more.
We need to also have a serious conversation about how our elections are run, the money = free speech BS has got to go.
Not only that but the states have been so gerrymandered that as we can see, the most votes does not equal an electoral win, this was done purposefully by both sides, but the Republicans played the long game and heavily redistricted their states since 2009 so a Republican win is guaranteed even at the expense of the popular vote.
Mostly, it’s been areas with people of more color, that have been cut off from one another and isolated into not counting for shit.
For those who don’t believe me...google it before you speak.

Reactions: slant