political violence

Stu

Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
Glen Beck sez to Gov Palin

"Sarah, as you know, peace is always the answer. I know you are felling the same heat, if not much more on this. I want you to know you have my support. But please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the republic down," Beck wrote. "There are nutjobs on all sides...terror is terror. I don't care if it is for Allah or your party."
[http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/10/glenn-beck-emails-sarah-p_n_806802.html]

OK I remember the Hinkley shooting of Reagan, since Reagan was a conservative it could be argued that Hinkley could have been subconsciously motivated to shoot him based on the central american wars or a host of other things liberals were really upset about... I myself saw a "Reload Hinkley" sign at a rally protesting the invasion of that small Caribbean island following the massacre of US marines in Beirut.

But what are the other examples of Liberal or Progressive inflammatory speech ?

But what are the other examples of Liberal or Progressive inflammatory speech ?
There are plenty from every corner of American history, but I think we might be missing some of the things that stabilized us culturally in the past. 'Tis sad.

While Billy's spamming is enlightening, I can still think of no example of violent rhetoric against the "right" except perhaps from the farther "right"

"Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told reporters that he believed a climate filled with vitriolic political rhetoric contributed to Loughner's heinous actions." and he is standing by that assessment.

Tellingly the blathering heads on the right will report that this kind of speech exists on both sides. But it doesn't.

Reactions: the
Its not spam, its an actual journalist guy who goes around documenting Far Left crazies at the rallies with photography. That my personal sites name is similar is merely a coincidence.

Sorry Bill,
My internet access point filters out sites like yours for whatever reason, it is a restaurant wireless router. Perhaps you could post the direct link?

While Billy's spamming is enlightening, I can still think of no example of violent rhetoric against the "right" except perhaps from the farther "right"

"Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told reporters that he believed a climate filled with vitriolic political rhetoric contributed to Loughner's heinous actions." and he is standing by that assessment.

Tellingly the blathering heads on the right will report that this kind of speech exists on both sides. But it doesn't.
You don't usually see it on the left... maybe the extreme left.

Though I was at an anti-war protest in D.C in 2005 and there were a group of anarchists carrying a giant GW Bush puppet with his head cut off.. (one group of them had the body, the other carried the head) So..

I think that kind of of action or speech is something that comes from extremists... which doesn't speak for the majority of the party.

obama_or_die_vote_or_die_elections_2008_tshirt-p235564144070735614trlf_400.jpg

fair enough I did find this when I googled "obama or die"
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/25/rapper-chants-obama-or-die-at-the-bet-awards/

" ...... “If we all register and vote, we will have the first black president in the history of America,” Sean “Diddy” Combs told the crowd Tuesday at the Shrine Auditorium before chanting “Obama or Die” – a declarative remix of his neutral “Vote or Die” motto from the 2004 presidential election, when he attempted to boost the youth vote.

Uh, excuse me? “Obama or Die”? That can be taken in two different ways. The first is that “Diddy” thinks that a loss by Obama would mean the death of African-Americans in the US, or alternately, that Diddy plans on killing people if Obama doesn’t win. Either way, it’s more than a little extreme, and a great example of how the Messiah complex has really taken root among Obama’s base...."

You don't usually see it on the left... maybe the extreme left.

Though I was at an anti-war protest in D.C in 2005 and there were a group of anarchists carrying a giant GW Bush puppet with his head cut off.. (one group of them had the body, the other carried the head) So..

I think that kind of of action or speech is something that comes from extremists... which doesn't speak for the majority of the party.

The 2008 Republican convention was held in the area I live, I and remember the acts that were carried out by extreme anti-Republican protesters very well.
They threw bricks through the windows of buses, sending elderly convention delegates to the hospital. Broke store windows.
They dropped bags of sand off highway overpasses onto vehicles below. Fortunately, no one was killed.

Most protesters though were law abiding and got their message across without violence.​

my faith in america is restored

my faith in america is restored

Is that the definition of rhetoric? Maybe an example? Speech can be substituted with actions and ideals, as well. I think the way many politicians think is silly, but they have a right to feel the way they wish. We have some good politicians and great minds, but the thought of all being in one accord is absurd at the time.

Living in Arizona this is all anyone is talking about. Different aspects are being discussed, but to speak to the specifically to the point of the Pima County sherrifs office I would say he's dealing with a logical conclusion based on his experience with the victim.

The suspect has not commented in anyway at this point in time and the reports that the suspect was being montiored by Pima County officials are incorrect. He wasn't a blip on their radar.

The sherrif's comments, are more than likely based on mainstream media and his personal experience. Congresswoman Gifford's office was previously shot up in March. Tucson is a rather small town comparitively speaking and chances are he was involved. My guess is this is personal opinon and as an official in the second day of investigation I find it somewhat irresponsible to inject this into an investigation.

I do find it refreshing though, I hate to admit. It's nice to see someone not completely wooden and to repremand the "assumed" poticians for their poor behavior. As stated previously, in an official compacity it is probably not appropriate to provide conjecture on anything at this point though.

Congresswoman Gifford's office was previously shot up in March.

I have been wondering just how harsh the language of the campaign for that congressional seat was.

Reactions: James
South Dakota State House of Representative's Republican majority Whip posted this to her FB account only later to take it down after criticism http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...rsing-vehicular-assault-protesters/682564001/View attachment 37403

This also telling of the actual effectiveness of protests, and the reason why people are starting to become violent. The key words being "nobody cares about your protest."

Non-violent protesting has become the ass end of a joke, and I'm sure this is at least part of the reason some people are resorting to more desperate actions. Protesting by itself just gets you mocked for giving a shit.