Saru Inc

Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
What do you think of personalized illnesses? What I mean by that is, the same illness that comes every year at the exact same week. Does anyone else experience this? I don't mean like allergies, nor allergy induced sickness,nor even the common cold. Perhaps the third week of january you have constant headaches? etc.

When I was born, Dec. 17th 1990, I almost died. I was hospitalized with pneumonia, the cold, and something else. Like, totally wasn't gonna live. I survived, and with only a few major drawbacks, A very severe case, along with a candy cane birthmark on my left side :D (no kiddin), but beside that I arrived home on Christmas morning fit as a drum.

However, the biggest one is, every single week of Christmas, the week after I was born. I am literally so sick I cannot move, but it's always the exact same thing. It's like a clusterfuck of strep, a cold, and even a mild form of pneumonia. Some Christmases aren't as bad, but all of them affect me a lot.

So I ask you now, do you have something like that?

First one to post "period. lrn2girl" loses life.

Did you post this thread solely with the intent of getting feedback on an anecdote?

Hrm.

*Makes a note in his book*

Well, I have at least one mental Illness that can be verified by modern science, but other than that, I'm as fit as a fiddle, hardly ever sick really.

Every other week I have bad headaches. It's all-year-round, which is a bit depressing (especially as there's no medical cause).
Every second week of a month, I get a throat infection along with something else (like a cold) that lasts for the remaining weeks. So I'm sick for 3 out of 4 weeks a month (pretty much 3/4 of my life).
I usually get sick with colds, but I've had the odd stomach bug and once or twice I had severe flu (once on Christmas day).

I've given up on antibiotics, but I might be getting my tonsils out next year, which is great! :)

Every April I'm suicidal on the 1st, 14th, and 24th. Hardly ever other times of the year, except during PMS. :/