PCs vs. Macs: A Cultured Smackdown | INFJ Forum

PCs vs. Macs: A Cultured Smackdown

Blind Bandit

Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
Donor
Jan 28, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I like some of the new features, however it still runs slower on my computer than Safari, even on a clean install without any extensions. This isn't all that new in my experience, however. I'll continue using Safari as my primary browser and turn to Firefox when I need to use a certain extension :mpoke:

I refuse to run apple products unless appositely necessary. For example I have the quick time web player installed, otherwise no way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLastMohican
I refuse to run an apple products unless appositely necessary. For example I have the quick time web player installed, otherwise no way.

They work awesome on macs, but I've heard not such great things about how they work on Non-apple hardware.

They work awesome on macs, but I've heard not such great things about how they work on Non-apple hardware.

There is that. And I don't like apple as a company anymore. I loved mac back when it was actually about getting work done not about flash. And sadly everything they do now is about flash and trendiness.

I refuse to run an apple products unless appositely necessary. For example I have the quick time web player installed, otherwise no way.

I just run what works well on my dinosaur of a computer. Internet Explorer, Chrome (surprisingly, since it's a webkit browser), and Firefox all 'hang' frequently when I try going to most sites. However, I admit to have had fun with the chrome plugin that lets you turn the current site into a katamari field :mhula: Otherwise, I refuse to use Google products unless there aren't any other options. I'd use the PS3 web browser before I would use Chrome.

Have you tried it on a macintosh?

I feel that firefox is heavily overrated but that is just my personal opinion. I use what works for me. That being said I'm not a big techie.

Mac owner.... am I right?

Mac owner.... am I right?

Yep, It's all right there for me and set up :D. Sure it may have disadvantages or whatever but none that are applicable to what I use it for. haha. I just took it out of the box and hit the button.

I do have a bit of mac bias though cause it's what I use for audio mix down.

Yep, It's all right there for me and set up :D. Sure it may have disadvantages or whatever but none that are applicable to what I use it for. haha. I just took it out of the box and hit the button.

I do have a bit of mac bias though cause it's what I use for audio mix down.

Well at lest your doing something mac is good at.

Fuck PC's. They're so dumb. It is windows fault that it can't handle the awesomeness of steve jobs.

Fuck PC's. They're so dumb. It is windows fault that it can't handle the awesomeness of steve jobs.

lolwat you have to be a retard not to be able to get around windows

Also, Jobs is a grade A pretentious greedy douche. Only a grade A douchebag can take a totally plain device, market AND price it as if it's Captain Picard's stolen tricoder from an alternate universe-timeline-wormhole-Q's asshole (case in point ipod vs regular mp3 player)

Of course Jobs can't ever aspire to to awesomeness that is Picard.

tumblr_l9vui0Z4kP1qz86d0o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloe Djinn
Also, Jobs is a grade A pretentious greedy douche. Only a grade A douchebag can take a totally plain device, market AND price it as if it's Captain Picard's stolen tricoder from an alternate universe-timeline-wormhole-Q's asshole (case in point ipod vs regular mp3 player)

Yet at the same time, he is the guy that created and brought us:

• the personal computer that started the personal computer revolution — the first ever mass market personal computer
  • the first mass market computer to use a graphical operating system that used menus and windows
  • the first mass market computer to use a mouse as a control device
  • the first personal computer operating system with support for advanced typography features, leading to a revolution in graphic arts and lithography
  • the first affordable laser imaging system, and one driven by a device- and resolution-independent page description language
  • the first desktop operating system with a UNIX core
  • the computer and operating system on which the World Wide Web was created — created on that OS with the UNIX core
  • a company named PIXAR, which changed the ways — and in fact, what — stories could be told — winning awards and the highest praise from industry peers and people who love movies
  • a personal music device that would change the way music was listened to, enjoyed, and shared — you may not like the iPod, but remember, it is the one that made the market, and all the other devices that serve it, possible

And yeah, wow, he’s not bad at marketing either. :wink:

That said, based on customer satisfaction ratings, people really like his products. :thumb:

cheers,
Ian

To me, computers are merely tools and always have been since I was writing FORTRAN on punch cards. We have seven Macs and one PC. If you write code, the Mac is preferable because OS X is the Mac desktop grafted onto a UNIX platform, which is, and always has been, an extremely stable, versatile and powerful OS since it was invented at Bell Labs. It's easy to write UNIX commands in the terminal utility and do things to/with a Mac that relatively few people know about.

Reactions: aeon
lolwat you have to be a retard not to be able to get around windows

Of course Jobs can't ever aspire to to awesomeness that is Picard.

Not commenting on the other points, but Apple products are NOT overpriced, well not comparatively at the very least. Apple's original prices are not all that appalling compared to their competitors'. What gives Apple a bad name in terms of pricing is the fact that their prices never depreciate until the next generation drops out. In comparison, among their compititors, it's more than common to have the price dropped by 50%+ in barely a few months after the initial entry. It's not Apple or Jobs' fault that most executive and development teams in the industry are not competent.

I'm forced to use a PC at work, but at home it has always been a Mac.
It's just what I prefer. They seem more refined than the archaic PC.

I'm forced to use a PC at work, but at home it has always been a Mac.
It's just what I prefer. They seem more refined than the archaic PC.
A PC is only as archaic as its hardware. If you never upgrade...yeah. Archaic is probably an accurate description.

Put it this way, mankind never got in trouble with god over a flag :p

Not commenting on the other points, but Apple products are NOT overpriced, well not comparatively at the very least. Apple's original prices are not all that appalling compared to their competitors'. What gives Apple a bad name in terms of pricing is the fact that their prices never depreciate until the next generation drops out. In comparison, among their compititors, it's more than common to have the price dropped by 50%+ in barely a few months after the initial entry. It's not Apple or Jobs' fault that most executive and development teams in the industry are not competent.

If I can get a device that does the same thing as Apple's product for lot less money, there's no reason for me to consider Apple.

Also, a "PC" is not just a Windows machine. Mac is a PC too technically. It seems that the OS is the main difference here, and while yes, Macs have their merits, for me the ability to customize is a must. I want to be able to hand pick my hardware and software and adjust the combination so it meets my budget, and I don't mind doing research to get there. In fact, I like doing research.