Overworked & stressed....HELP!!!!! | INFJ Forum

Overworked & stressed....HELP!!!!!

INFJTASH

Lucky
Apr 28, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
I'm like many, but not all. One of the ones who is a very hard worker, takes pride in doing it the right way & doesn't take advantage. My job has become hell. My workload is meant for at least 3 people. A co-worker working from home who wasn't lifting her weight left in January. So I'm also picking up the pieces she left behind. To add more stress, I have to start training someone next week. I work best independently & this will only push me further behind. Yes I'll have help but consider this......a co-worker has been there a little over 2 years & has counted 29 people who have been fired or left (majority is people had enough & quit). Who knows who will stick around. I'm definitely looking to get out myself.

In the meantime, I need help with learning how to step back and realize I can't do it all, to saying no, to giving myself a break and not try to multitask so much (there's no need for me to open a new email I just received when I'm in the middle of trying to figure something out). Talking to another frustrated co-worker yesterday and I came to tears out of frustration & because I've been holding back and everything in. I don't want to break down in front of my manager. I'm trying to find that angry place so I can firmly hold my ground.

Please share any tips you might have. Unfortunately I'm way past the take deep breaths stage.

I recommend changing your job and career to something slower paced.

Better is it to be bored than overworked.
I'd much rather be busy, to be honest. I think it has to do with the fact that this company is so disorganized, yet has been in business around 15 years. Feel like I'm working harder, not smarter. I'm showing employees in another location what I need and why what they sent me is wrong.
I see the type of employees they hire and a lot are like me. It's like they can sniff out the good ones.

I'd much rather be busy, to be honest. I think it has to do with the fact that this company is so disorganized, yet has been in business around 15 years. Feel like I'm working harder, not smarter. I'm showing employees in another location what I need and why what they sent me is wrong.
I see the type of employees they hire and a lot are like me. It's like they can sniff out the good ones.
Honestly, if you have a semblance of work ethic, morality or competence, then Corporate America is not for you. They don't want your wages to match inflation. They want to cut costs, that means you working more hours for less pay. Also, they're always prepared to fire you.

I recommend starting your own business, maybe joining or starting a co-op. And if it appeals to you, service in the military.

Rule #1:
The better you are at something, the more you'll be abused and taken advantage of for it

Rule #1:
The better you are at something, the more you'll be abused and taken advantage of for it
Well said! Watched an interesting video yesterday likening burnout to PTSD. She studied it and found all participants in her studies with burnout were the top employees, the ones giving 110%.

Now to find a way to give the same percentage as those who don't burnout.

Reactions: Wyote