[INFJ] - opinion about ourselves, opinion about yourself! | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] opinion about ourselves, opinion about yourself!

Noona

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 28, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
?
I don't really now why i'm starting this.
I think I need to put down all of my thoughts about myself, about being an INFJ, about of how I see the world.

In those 2 days I read so much things and my brain has accumulated so much information that I wouldn't know how to reorganize them, so, I just want to write occasionally and I hope to read all of yours opinion about.

I found really interesting and worthy of praise thoughts that I felt like a child, inexperienced and with a great desire to know and grow.

I'm really sorry if my thoughts will be childish and simpleton and my grammar and vocabolary very poor; I want to start this path, I want to grow like more of you and know as much as I can.

so……. Please take care of me:sweat:

It's yours! You stay in it as long as you need. Deal?

giphy.gif

ok…. I was writing for about 20 minuts but I lost everything. I'm so done with technology:weary:.

I was just wandering how to start this topic and I ended up it's better to start from the past.

I was a very strange child, quite, in my own word, observing others in silence. Starting from my 10 I started to think "who I AM" and I did not find the answer and without the answer I couldn't find easily my way.

The answer arrived : I'm what I can do.

But

I have a complex of perfection and my work was just sufficient from my point of view.

I can't be just a sufficient person.

Was quite difficult to accept it and I started to try again and again ended up in a very terrible loop.

I don't know if I explained it well. I'm not here Looking for comfort, I just want to analyze to find something that can define me in some way. Now you're going to tell me, you define yourself, but to do it, Shouldn't I still be analyzing?

Hahaha my life is made of analysis. How sad.

I'm just rambling, but I think it's a start.

I don't think I was the only one, however, feeling that way but..... Why I felt alone!? Why I couldn't communicate with my parents?

OK..... I will stop for today :sweatsmile:

ok…. I was writing for about 20 minuts but I lost everything. I'm so done with technology:weary:.

I was just wandering how to start this topic and I ended up it's better to start from the past.

I was a very strange child, quite, in my own word, observing others in silence. Starting from my 10 I started to think "who I AM" and I did not find the answer and without the answer I couldn't find easily my way.

The answer arrived : I'm what I can do.

But

I have a complex of perfection and my work was just sufficient from my point of view.

I can't be just a sufficient person.

Was quite difficult to accept it and I started to try again and again ended up in a very terrible loop.

I don't know if I explained it well. I'm not here Looking for comfort, I just want to analyze to find something that can define me in some way. Now you're going to tell me, you define yourself, but to do it, Shouldn't I still be analyzing?

Hahaha my life is made of analysis. How sad.

I'm just rambling, but I think it's a start.

I don't think I was the only one, however, feeling that way but..... Why I felt alone!? Why I couldn't communicate with my parents?

OK..... I will stop for today :sweatsmile:

I feel you.

Growing up I also felt totally different from my peers and I felt that I couldn't relate to anyone, not even my parents. I felt alone because I felt that no one would be able to begin to understand me even if I shared with them, so I kept quiet and faked my smile around my peers. I'm also a perfectionist so I know how frustrating it can get.

What helped me was getting my degree in Psychology. This journey helped me take the time to learn about humans and to really think about my values and my strengths and weaknesses.

Nowadays there are a lot of people who know who I am while I have never met them, I have tons of acquaintances, around 10 friends and 1 close friend; I am not alone anymore.

So yeah, analysing and trying to understand yourself is a step in the right direction. You will find the answer, I have faith in you.

I feel you.

Growing up I also felt totally different from my peers and I felt that I couldn't relate to anyone, not even my parents. I felt alone because I felt that no one would be able to begin to understand me even if I shared with them, so I kept quiet and faked my smile around my peers. I'm also a perfectionist so I know how frustrating it can get.

What helped me was getting my degree in Psychology. This journey helped me take the time to learn about humans and to really think about my values and my strengths and weaknesses.

Nowadays there are a lot of people who know who I am while I have never met them, I have tons of acquaintances, around 10 friends and 1 close friend; I am not alone anymore.

So yeah, analysing and trying to understand yourself is a step in the right direction. You will find the answer, I have faith in you.

I didn't really felt different….. more off…. yep…. like they are in this world, in this connection, and I'm off. People in past, like now, usually look at me in same strange way, I'm an ordinary woman and you can't find me easily in the crowd, so why they look at me? I feel like they analyze me as if I were a puzzle even if I'm just sitting. So…….. ( there isn't a conclusion, I have to collect the pieces well:dizzy:)

Talking about not being understand.
I think that everyone have this kind of struggle but why it was so difficult? Why people can't accept what I am in the same way I accept them? Is that so hard?. Ok…. You opened a new chapter.

Plenty of people talked about this topic, I know, saying things like " personalities are thifferent" or "people interact differently because of their culture, religion, sex, past experiences etc," ok…. but….. we are keeping things too much heavy to hold and handle.

Like you I have only one close friend and a lot of acquaintances, this friend of mine took her time to know me, sometime she didn't understand me but she just accept my point of view and my way of see the world. This make me think that maybe I'm not good enought to externalize myself, maybe I have to be more kind and friendly with other person and I fall again in the loop of perfection.

I was able to escape this loop because I accepted the fact that not everyone really tries to get to know a person by noticing that the surface was enough for them.

now….. Am I the same? ( i WILL ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONE DAY MAYBE :sweatsmile:)

-------------------------------------------------------------

However, are you a psycologist? It's really Amazing :hearteyes: in my opinion because understand people It's not easy and the weight of work is not so light:hearteyes:I admire you:blush::blush:

Oh so you feel like you stand out and people are looking at you as if you're weird.

It's true, as you said, so many people struggle with not being understood. I find it sad that we live in a world more connected than ever, yet we fail so miserably at truly connecting with each other.

I'm glad that you have such a great friend. Finding someone who makes the effort to understand and be there for you is a precious thing in life. ^^

I wish you well on your self-discovery journey.

Also, I'm not a Psychologist....yet (One needs at least a Master's degree along with supervised practice; only then one can apply to get licensed and legally call himself a Psychologist) and I can't even begin to pretend that I understand people as there are so many factors involved and everyone goes through different huddles in life. There's no need to admire me, I'm just an ordinary guy working in Human Resources. One day I'll become an Organisational Psychologist...but that's a chapter in my life that's yet to be written. ^^

Oh so you feel like you stand out and people are looking at you as if you're weird.

It's true, as you said, so many people struggle with not being understood. I find it sad that we live in a world more connected than ever, yet we fail so miserably at truly connecting with each other.

I'm glad that you have such a great friend. Finding someone who makes the effort to understand and be there for you is a precious thing in life. ^^

I wish you well on your self-discovery journey.

Also, I'm not a Psychologist....yet (One needs at least a Master's degree along with supervised practice; only then one can apply to get licensed and legally call himself a Psychologist) and I can't even begin to pretend that I understand people as there are so many factors involved and everyone goes through different huddles in life. There's no need to admire me, I'm just an ordinary guy working in Human Resources. One day I'll become an Organisational Psychologist...but that's a chapter in my life that's yet to be written. ^^
I really hope you will achieve all the goals and thanks for this lil chat; you gave me lots to think about ( :fearscream:)

Hi dear! Totally by accident! Watching videos on YouTube an algorithm made the suggestion of a video with the acronm INFJ... MBTI is not diffused here in Brazil... So I started hearing the twilight zone song lol.... And some weeks ago I found this forum.... And I discovered my weirdness are not defects...

@Asa, actually I hear yet , everyday, my weirdness called as defects... But I think : "stop talking bullshit! This is a feature u don't understand!". Discovering that, give me a peaceful feeling that nothing can pay!

hahaha

I'm here again to bother all of you 'cause yes!

ONE QUICK QUESTION!

ONLY ONE :D.....

When you realized you are an INFJ???? When and how????

I had a test in college at 21 that told me I was an INFJ. Didn't really explore it. Had a depressive period during 22-24 and at 24 I found an explanation about what MBTI types were, retested and got INFJ again. Really read into what INFJ type description and it was profound moment that was like "Oh I'm not malfunctioning, strange or weird". I'm 35 now and have been exploring MBTI pretty heavy for the last 5 years.

@Asa, actually I hear yet , everyday, my weirdness called as defects... But I think : "stop talking bullshit! This is a feature u don't understand!". Discovering that, give me a peaceful feeling that nothing can pay!
Synergos you seem like a kind and gentle man. You appear to be functioning in a very kind, loving and peaceful manner. I'm sorry if you get told you're defective.

hahaha

I'm here again to bother all of you 'cause yes!

ONE QUICK QUESTION!

ONLY ONE :D.....

When you realized you are an INFJ???? When and how????

Human personality class.

Our lecturer had the whole class take the test then grouped us per type for an activity... Out of 200+ students, I ended up alone and my lecturer went like: "Oh it's been a while since I've had an INFJ in my class!"

I felt so confused and uncomfortable that day lol. xD

My opinion of INFJ....

It’s the very base model idea/theory of a human. Like the frame of a Harley. Theoretically, each frame is designed and built to spec from print on an assembly line.
In theory, each one is identical.

Now, come in and add the wiring, the engine, accessories, etc. Each complete bike built to spec, gone through QC, etc. only differences is color.

Go for a ride on one. No 2 bikes handle or ride the same. Each has it’s own quirks and issues built. They are all in fact different creatures.

Now add a rider. The rider changes this or that. Adds and takes away. Different handle bars, seats, pipes, carb, upgrades, downgrades, engine setups, you name it.

It’s still the same model at it’s core. But the experience with the rider changes all the rest of the personality of the bike.

One bike might be neglected, left to rust, but still ridable. One might be left stock, babied, maintained, polished, barely ridden, and left in the garage. One might be customized to the hilt and maintained. One might be chopped and made custom or a show bike. Still another is road hard as shit thousands of miles and every nut and bolt rattled off at some point, yet replaced lovingly and caring by the rider.

All still the same bike.

To me, this sums up archetypes.