One of these things is not like the other | INFJ Forum

One of these things is not like the other

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, each member will pick out which the following three things listed in the post above which is not like the other. After you choose, then you can post your own.

To start:

penny, light switch, and poster

Last edited:
Reactions: Inquisitive
Well, let's see. Both the penny and light switch are involved with some heavy copper content, both the light switch and the poster adorn walls, and neither the penny nor the poster are electronic devices. Uh, crap, choices, choices...

I'm going to go with the first one. The poster is unlike the others because it does not contribute to the copper industry.

Television, radio, clock.

So, each member will pick out which the following three things listed in the post above which is not like the other. After you choose, then you can post your own.

To start:

penny, light switch, and poster

A penny has power (purchasing power)
A light switch has power (energy power)

A poster does not have power.

Shovel
Meditation
Dancing

Television, radio, clock.

Hmm.. several possibilities. To make this simple, I'm going to go with television because the other two words are equal in length.

Pencil, paper, pen

Last edited:
A penny has power (purchasing power)
A light switch has power (energy power)

A poster does not have power.

Shovel
Meditation
Dancing
Going to have to go with Meditation here. It primarily builds the mind, while shovels and dancing are used to build one's physical power (though one can also say dancing and meditation expand the mind and shovels don't).

Uh, Lord Byron, Beethoven, Michelangelo.

Edit:
[MENTION=407]Soulful[/MENTION], Started snowing there lately, too, huh?

Hm, paper. The pen and pencil are both altruistic devices, created for the sole purpose of acting as mediums from the user to the user's canvas. They give all the contents of their own existence towards this goal and, when they have run out, are discarded without complaint. The paper, however, receives only the contents of others' souls (the tool and the implementer) and, if it has achieved its primary directive, is actually retained and given additional value for the pieces of soul upon it that are not its own. (Think about this the next time you purchase stationary. :p)

Last edited:
@Prometheus Not yet, thankfully but it's only a matter of time.

Power. Perseverance requires patience.

Spatula, cooking pot, bowl

Last edited:
@Prometheus Not yet, thankfully but it's only a matter of time.

Power. Perseverance requires patience.

Spatula, cooking pot, bowl

[MENTION=407]Soulful[/MENTION], honestly, I think that's more opinion than anything. I'd say spatula, since you can't always use a spatula with a cooking pot/bowl effectively.

Car, stop sign, stop light

Hm, paper. The pen and pencil are both altruistic devices, created for the sole purpose of acting as mediums from the user to the user's canvas. They give all the contents of their own existence towards this goal and, when they have run out, are discarded without complaint. The paper, however, receives only the contents of others' souls (the tool and the implementer) and, if it has achieved its primary directive, is actually retained and given additional value for the pieces of soul upon it that are not its own. (Think about this the next time you purchase stationary. :p)

I love this answer.

I love this answer.
Thank you. :)

@Urtehnoes, Well, let's see. People don't really notice any of the three. Oh, oh, the stop sign doesn't have light, it merely reflects it!

Whoops, uh, how about the one from earlier. Byron, Beethoven, Michelangelo.

Last edited:
Beetoven, because he's from a later time period and his work isn't as 'tangible'
Technically, Byron and Beethoven were contemporaries. :p Beethoven died three years after Byron.

In terms of 'common, uneducated people's sense of morality', there aren't any grays. Just black or white.

Brownies, Apple Pie, Chiffon Cake.

Brownies. They're dark, physically and—if they're Devil's Cake brownies—perhaps metaphorically as well. ;)

The stop sign and stoplight are regulatory devices. The car is the object being regulated.

Regulation
Emancipation
Insurrection

I forgot the difference. I think it was like one of them goes, two the of them stops.

I think this is a bit obvious. Regulation creates boxes, emancipation leaves the box, and insurrection destroys all fragments of the box.

I wanted to do a cognitive function one, but it wouldn't work so well.

School
School teacher
Recess

The difference might be obvious, but not *why* its different.

Probably one of the things I love about this game is the fact that there are many possible answers for every given set. I don’t think that the goal is necessarily to pin down what the poster of the set was thinking so much as to have some fun looking at all the possible conclusions. Maybe we should ask @Res for clarification.

I think for Black, White, and Grey what @Trifoilum said absolutely rings true. And it would be no less true to say that all are achromatic colors and that White is unlike the others because it contains no Black or that Black is unlike the others because it contains no White, etc.

@saru I hope this post is seen as a request of Emancipation from Regulation, and not an attempt at Insurrection.

Anyway, I am just looking for clarification. :wink:

Last edited: