Okay, that's cool | INFJ Forum

Okay, that's cool

Yet to be announced Raptor coaster at Universal Studios Orlando, today: Testing the ride vehicle.

EiNpDlsXkAAwL4j

Yet to be announced Raptor coaster at Universal Studios Orlando, today: Testing the ride vehicle.

EiNpDlsXkAAwL4j
Lololol I remember that news from Japan about how officials discouraged riders from screaming to avoid the spread of COVID19. LMAO that was fun.

Slightly off topic, but still best place to put it, because that's just cool. This guy has pretty impressive dedication and organization to keep track of every parking spot at a grocer that he's used over 6 years.

It's the comments that have me laughing though. Got some time? Appreciate people who feel the need to log every little thing? (I get this)

https://twitter.com/GarethWild/status/1386965962214289408

Posting this even though I'm 98% sure we did this same/similar experiment back in high school physics, only utilizing one wing verses two, on a fairly small scale out in the school parking lot. I recall the town had an officer (Officer Bob! LOL) there to clock the speed for us.

His explanation of the physics behind it seems off. Not sure if he's dumbing it down for the viewers, but he was on track to explaining it and then suddenly switches gears to say "it's a fan". In reality it's more akin to a helicopter blade pulling it than a fan pushing. The difference is not important unless working on the math which I really hoped he had gone into. Maybe physics girl will tackle it, doesn't seem all that hard.

Those upright supports are pretty sketchy though. :grimacing:

Last edited:
Reactions: flower and Sandie33
The above made me smile, thinking of a joke my dad brought home from one of his geeky-business trips.

Found someone's recreation of that, hope someone else gets a laugh:

The_15b1d7_573697.png

Reactions: flower and Sandie33