Oh no! | INFJ Forum

Oh no!

I don't care what country you're from, you just want to punch this guy in the ballz and slap his airhead wife too. They make me embarassed to be American. We are not all like this, but alas there are more and more it seems. Blow up all the media outlets and start fresh, they feed this kind of behavior.

Wow that kid is never going to live that down.

I think my parents would have seriously killed me.

I don't know if I should laugh or throw a brick at my computer screen.

I don't know if I should laugh or throw a brick at my computer screen.

I know eh, maybe just don't throw the brick, k? (you'll regret it later). ;)

Serves them right, I hope this discourages other morons from trying to use the public's funds and emotions to further themselves.
I feel sorry for the kid though, his parents made him do it and he is likely to cop shit for it for the rest of his life.

I know eh, maybe just don't throw the brick, k? (you'll regret it later). ;)

This advice sounds from a person who has done it in the past. Ria, what made you so angry? Computer screens have feelings too you know, :p

But thanks, I'll take it into consideration lol

This advice sounds from a person who has done it in the past. Ria, what made you so angry? Computer screens have feelings too you know, :p

But thanks, I'll take it into consideration lol

hehe!

I don't care what country you're from, you just want to punch this guy in the ballz and slap his airhead wife too. They make me embarassed to be American. We are not all like this, but alas there are more and more it seems. Blow up all the media outlets and start fresh, they feed this kind of behavior.

The media is a big problem in regard to stuff like this. The most notorious case was Columbine.

Wow that kid is never going to live that down.

I think my parents would have seriously killed me.

Well, it was the parents idea. The boy didn't actually do anything at all; he wasn't even in the balloon. His parents just wanted attention to help them get some television deal.

I'm still baffled by the initial idea behind it. Surely the parents understood beforehand that the whole event, real or not, would make them look completely stupid... right?

I mean, I guess exposure is exposure, but there's gotta be a limit to what people will do. I don't even know how to think of this from what I've heard about the whole fiasco.

I mean, I guess exposure is exposure, but there's gotta be a limit to what people will do.

That's the thing...there's no such thing as bad publicity. For some people, just being in the public eye is enough to give them satisfaction. They don't care if it's positive or negative attention. As long as it's attention at all!

And it's sick. It really is. Especially pulling this poor boy into the ordeal. Taking a child's innocence and exploiting it for personal gain. It kind of makes me feel like throwing a figurative brick, as well. :p So I'm glad they're being reprimanded for this. S'about time.

So I'm glad they're being reprimanded for this. S'about time.

I agree entirely, I just feel that again, it means the kid may have to suffer a bit, unless his folks happen to be extremely well off financially. Maybe I'm just a bit daft, but 42K is a lot to have to pay up in a go. Hopefully they at least learn from this, but I worry sometimes.

I agree entirely, I just feel that again, it means the kid may have to suffer a bit, unless his folks happen to be extremely well off financially. Maybe I'm just a bit daft, but 42K is a lot to have to pay up in a go. Hopefully they at least learn from this, but I worry sometimes.

Good point. It's a pretty hefty price, but hey! Stupid people should always get what's coming to them! Mwahaha.

In all seriousness, I do agree. The kid didn't really have any say in the matter, so for him to have to suffer alongside his idiotic parents turns my stomach a bit. *nods*

Personally, I think that strapping the parents to weather balloons for a bit might be a bit fitting, but somehow I only see that getting more news. A shame, since it would be funny to watch.

And maybe unmentioned radio controlled parachutes! Just to mess with them a bit more without actually hurting anyone in case one of 'em falls.

Personally, I think that strapping the parents to weather balloons for a bit might be a bit fitting, but somehow I only see that getting more news. A shame, since it would be funny to watch.

And maybe unmentioned radio controlled parachutes! Just to mess with them a bit more without actually hurting anyone in case one of 'em falls.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I have no words. That would be EPIC.

The amount of money being thrown around for inane things is not the only issue i have with this...
A: the media... was it really that slow of a day?
B: the police you didn't search the entire house?
C: the parents why????
D: the monetary punishment so the 42k gonna make your police not look like total idiots?