OCD - thoughts | INFJ Forum

OCD - thoughts

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
First of all, I am not profesionalist of any kind execept that I have my onw personal OCD. I fight it. My type is "check" type. Especially with paper work or with saying something or doing something wrong.
As I said, I fight it. CBT helped a little bit, but it is more my effort of learning that gives me tools.
The other day I had revelation. With OCD there is one moment when you find out that something is right, "Huh, I did not sent wrong papers to that agency.", example. After freezing time of obsesing you feel relief. Heart is slower, minds are clear, everything is again good.
Well, maybe I am relief adicted. I produce obsesing only to feel that "everything is alright" moment.
Somehow, for me, it makes sense.

My ocd means I get upset if a magazine is creased or dogeared, and I have to take the products I buy from the back of the shelf where no-one's touched them.

My ocd means I get upset if a magazine is creased or dogeared, and I have to take the products I buy from the back of the shelf where no-one's touched them.

I am the same way when buying a magazine, or birthday card etc. I take one from the back that most likely hasn't been handled by numerous people.
I hate when paper isn't jogged into a neat stack. So much so that if I am standing in line at a store and they have brochures setting out, I will "tidy" them up. This also will make my Wife roll her eyes at me. I work in printing, maybe that is were it comes from.
All the clocks in my house are synched with each other when I set them for daylight savings time changes, or the power goes out.
I quess we all have things we are OC about. Fortunately most are silly things that don't interfere with our lives. It can be a serious issue for some.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I don't know. I've been thinking about this, maybe I'm OCD about people being happy. I can't stand someone being upset or unhappy- especially with me...it eats at me. I don't know if that's an OCD thing or not...but I will do whatever I can until I know they are not unhappy.

*finds a Rubik's cube was moved 2mm from where I put it*

ALL RIGHT! WHO TOUCHED MY STUFF!!!???

I get a little OCD about putting my personal documents/bills/receipts in labeled manilla folders before filing them. I will photocopy receipts, so that they're all nicely on A4 paper.

Also, since all my socks are one of four types - ie. all the athletic ones are identical - I get all OCD about making sure that some don't get worn/washed more often than others, in case some might look newer, or older.

I enjoy doing these things - so I would call them OC (obsessive compulsive), but not a disorder... well, maybe the sock thing might be a bit disordered.

i get ocd when when i leave the house... if i leave by myself i’m convinced the house is going to burn down... so i do a full house check several times... and even as i’m driving away i don’t trust myself... sometimes i get realllllly crazy and think that the cat is going to knock something over and start a fire or a random wire buried in the wall is going to light the place up... or some random angry ghost is going to turn on the stove and burn the place down... it sounds crazy to me too lol... the severity correlates with my anxiety level... i agree with [MENTION=1069]Jana[/MENTION] ’s statement in regards to the effort of learning... i can theorize a handful of reasons why i do this and i try to remind myself of these as i drive away...
[MENTION=1355]MindYourHead[/MENTION] i used to work in print (sheetfed and packaging) and have to make a verbal comment about anything packaged i buy lol... old habits die hard :)