Obama Regime Declares a Global War on Freedom | INFJ Forum

Obama Regime Declares a Global War on Freedom

myself

Permanent Fixture
Apr 1, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
[video=youtube;qPsCxzKsqQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCxzKsqQY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Reactions: muir
Section 1031 of this act merely affirms the authority that the president already has to detain certain people pursuant to the current Authorization for Use of Military Force; in fact, this same section of the bill specifically states that nothing stated in Section 1031 is intended to expand the president

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

In particular, some folks are concerned about the language in Section 1031 that says that this includes “any person committing a belligerent act or directly supported such hostilities of such enemy forces.” This language clearly and unequivocally refers back to Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or its affiliates. Thus, not only would any person in question need to be involved with Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or its surrogates, but that person must also engage in a deliberate and substantial act that directly supports their efforts against us in the war on terror in order to be detained under this provision. There is nothing in this bill that could be construed in any way that would allow any branch of the military to detain a law-abiding American citizen if you go to the local gun store or grocery store.

Really? If that were the case, then why is it worded so vaguely and leaves WAY too much room for interpretation? If it "clearly and unequivocally refers to Al-Qaeda...etc" then why does it not specifically state that? Coming from a politician, this has about as much credibility as a tabloid, IMO. I smell a whole lot of BS. I'm getting a vibe of "oops, someone leaked our secret bill, lets try to cover our asses and save some face" from this. Why isn't it being covered by the mass media? Because they didn't want us to know about it.

We haven't had a serious threat of a terrorist attack in years. Give me a break. If giving up our freedoms and our constitutional rights is the price to pay for so-called "national security", then no thanks. I'll defend myself, tyvm.

Seems like forgiveness is truly the next step humanity needs to take.

Let's not get our heads and hearts wrapped up in the fear games.

"Love your enemies" ... it makes sense.

I think the next step for humanity is to challenge the power elite

People can protest in various ways but the most important thing is to spread awareness. Once enough people are aware then the elite have no power because without the workers they have no economy, no military, no food and no chance

This means the workers need to be widely aware of what is happening and they need to unify behind opposition movements such as the occupy movement or trade unions and they need to organise amongst themselves and act as one.

The military can arrest an individual but they cannot arrest the entire work force and that is the most important thing for people to realise: solidarity

I mean solidarity globally. I mean people putting aside petty differences so that tea party protestors join with occupy protestors so that Israeli 99% join with Palestinean 99% etc

The video clip is right, this is an 'opportunity'. The global investors see this as an opportunity for them to centralise their power further, but in doing so they are exposing themselves and more and more people are becoming aware of who is behind all this. With increasing awareness comes an opportunity to bring about change that ensures that power will forever reside with the people and not with small elites who will exploit the many

look what the aliens did .

i think this is terribly small minded, vindictive, short-sighted, inhumane, insular, xenophobic, anxious, bullying, childish and very toxic way to go about international relations and the future of justice, peace, and equality.

Reactions: acd and muir
the other night i was watching a documentary about the assassination of JFK which showed images of mourning in the middle east. it really made me think. that was only last century. who fucked that up so completely, where did all of this hatred come from??

Oh puhleeze. I don't like Obama. I did not vote for him. I was very depressed when he was elected. But is he declaring war on freedom? This video is a superficial treatment of the issue the safety/freedom conflict.

part 2
[video=youtube;CJCZPCBgVl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJCZPCBgVl0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Reactions: muir
Those Senators who voted Yea for this bill are traitors who have broken their oath to uphold the constitution.
Vote was 93/7. See who voted for and against S. 1867 detainee provisions here.
Vote them out!!

Obama has promised to veto this bill. The FBI, CIA and military do not support this. So why pass this bill? What is the point?
If military intelligence had information about a terrorist group in the US, you'd think they'd support it. That's just what I'm thinking. I am trying to make sense of this...
And I do not believe that breaking the constitution and taking away the rights of millions of Americans is the only way to ensure the safety of civilians.
If one of us loses our rights and is unjustly detained and denied due process, then we all are subject to the same injustice. Mistakes will be made.
Innocent people will be detained indefinitely, tortured and denied a fair trial.

The bill was created by Senators John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Carl Levin (D-Mich.) in secret and without a hearing.
http://www.campaignforliberty.org/p...s-1867-prevent-indefinite-detention-americans
Watch Senators Rand Paul and McCain debate this ridiculous policy here.

Last edited:
The question is whether or not the intelligence agencies are sincere or not or whether they and the senate are simply playing the old 'good cop/bad cop' routine on the public

Regardless of what people are claiming their views on this legislation are people need to not take their eye off the ball because the ONLY thing that will ultimately matter is whether or not the legislation is allowed to become law. You could write to your politicians to put pressure on them to prevent it and sign any petitions out there against it.

This piece of legislation is just part of a creeping process of changes to our civil liberties. people use the boiling the frog analogy. If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water it will jump out straight away, scalded but alive. If you put a frog in cold water and slowly boil it the frog will remain in the water and die

The public is being slowly boiled

The criminal banking cartel has created vast debt and passed it onto the public who are now saddled with 'austerity' measures all the while the bankers have been telling the public it is their fault for spending too much but it is not consumer debt that is the problem it is the vast banking debt. The bankers orchestrate new crises and with each one they make changes to the global financial network that increase their power

The government finds new crises and uses each one to justify taking away the freedoms of the public; this is a slow creeping change which many people who are not looking for it will barely percieve until it is too late

The government represent the criminal banking cartel and between the two they are taking all the wealth and power off the people

Don't be surprised....EXPECT IT...because that is the process that is underway; but there is a fight back:

The only countries that are beginning to make a recovery are the ones that have thrown out or rejected the IMF like Argentina, Chile and Iceland.

33 nations have just formed the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) and have deliberately excluded the US and Canada....they are sick of North American interference in their countries

Elsewhere other countries are starting to trade commodities in currencies other than dollars whilst some western countries are now talking about refusing currency from international central banks which is created by the central banks and comes with interest attached. These countries may start printing their own currencies and thereby freeing themselves from the grip of the global bankers

Meanwhile there are growing popular revolts within the neoliberal countries against the fraud of the bankers

So there is a fight back against the criminal banking cartel and the corrupt politicians who represent it

The U.S. has been doing these things (i.e. extraordinary rendition) for a while now.

Perhaps you'd prefer President Romney (or, Palin, Bachmann, etc.)? These guys are all politicians. What do you expect? These are the kids who were going to faint in social studies classes unless they were called upon. They were the one's who thought that being class president really meant something. And, now they are running for President! They're the ones who chose a tight assed ideology, stuck to it, and are convinced that being rigid and stupid is the way to Presidential success. Could I do better? Absolutely. Do I want to? No way. I'm an INTP (i.e., too much of a loner and quite the opposite of what it takes to appeal to a population whose average IQ is 100). I'm really too shy and introverted to be arrogant and conceited (as this post may seem), but, really, isn't the current political discourse at a new low? Freedom and the Bill of Rights be damned.