Madman with a cause
Apr 23, 2010
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
>.>
Disclaimer:

THIS POST WAS MADE BY AN INTP.

This is an important and interesting question, maybe...

I originally made this topic in audio format, but I was overcome by cowardice and neglected to add the file.

So, this is to all INTJ's, INFP's, ENTP's,INTP's, and ISTJ's I've met on this forum.

Why do you participate in this forum and how did you come to be here? Curiousity? Accident? Development?

For myself, I wish to learn how to be human, as I have great difficulty with it.

Last edited:
I would just like to state, for the record, that an INTP created this thread. That's why it has almost the same title as another infamous thread elsewhere that you may or may not know of. I'd like to reassure everyone that there's no chance of this place becoming cliquish.

We INFJs have no interest in ridding the forums of non-INFJs. We would be terribly bored without you and your questions about us. Please don't leave us alone with ourselves. :m107:

I have a strong interest in understanding INFJ's, if such is possible for an INTP. My wife, my younger son, and my brother-in-law are INFJ's. I think my piano teacher is an INFJ. Two of our friends may also be INFJ's.

Also, INFJ's tend to be nice people, caring and kind, and often with incredible insight that rarely gets used other than ethically.

For myself, I wish to learn how to be human, as I have great difficulty with it.

Well Melkor, to be human takes alotta these! :hug:

Apologies! It never even crossed my mind that this might come across as an angry 'GTFO of da forum F**king non-INFJ scum!'

I wish to further assure you kind folk, it is purely inquisitive, and it's aim is merely to discover what NON-INFJ's have gotten out of this forum, which I assume is much and valuable.

When I say human, I mean a decent socially active citizen capable of expressing and effectively managing emotion.

This is something I am certain the INFJ's can teach with ease.

Reactions: dark_angel
When I say human, I mean a decent socially active citizen capable of expressing and effectively managing emotion.

This is something I am certain the INFJ's can teach with ease.

I'm surprised nobody has written a decent how to book yet, though considering how biased most books tend to be I reckon any how to book might turn you into a monster.

The desire to socialize never really drove me out much, I tend to prefer being alone...I do seek female companionship, but this is for much more than purely socializing reasons. I have friends, but we see each other once a month, sometimes once a week.

The feeling part is really difficult though, its just second nature...no real on or off switch, I've been able to block it out before but it always tears down my walls eventually.

Anyways sorry for derailing your thread compadre, party on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
This thread bares a striking resemblance to one posted on INTPc.

Reactions: athenian200
I'm terribly disappointed that you missed out the ISTP group of which Slant and I are members of. For shame.

As for me being here; my best friend now girlfriend is INFJ and I wanted to be more a part of her world.

Reactions: Melkor
Disclaimer:

THIS POST WAS MADE BY AN INTP.

This is an important and interesting question, maybe...

I originally made this topic in audio format, but I was overcome by cowardice and neglected to add the file.

So, this is to all INTJ's, INFP's, ENTP's,INTP's, and ISTJ's I've met on this forum.

Why do you participate in this forum and how did you come to be here? Curiousity? Accident? Development?

I'm terribly bored as out native swamp has been lacking in activity for weeks now...

Other than that, I'm always hoping I'll run across some brilliantly ingenious and original piece of insight/information on typology.

When I first came here the main reason was probably that I was curious to see the differences between two such supposedly similar types (this was before I read up on cognitive functions and the like).

These days I guess I'm mostly here to get an outside perspective on INFPs (and sometimes there are misconceptions about INFPs that have to be set straight), and also because some of the users on here have some tremendous insights into MBTI (and occasionally even life in general. :wink: ).

So I guess I'm here for a mix of research purposes and because I just plain enjoy the company of INFJs (for the most part. :tongue: ) but I don't know any IRL.

Last edited:
I first typed as an INTJ and spent a great deal of time on those forums. A mixture of the moderating and many of the INTJ personalities started to wear on my nerves so I decided to check out all the different type boards. The atmosphere on this board seemed a whole lot better to me than the other boards and I found I relate better to many of the attitudes here. As long as they aren't too mushy.... :tongue1:

Excellent question, Melkor... I've wondered that myself! Not that I mind having non-INFJs here - it is good to have an outside perspective! Just curious.

So thank you, all, for answering! :)

I ALREADY MADE THIS THREAD!!! STOP COPYING ME!!!! NO ONE LIKES YOU, YOU INTP, YOU!!!!!

Slant darling?

Who told that you the fastest way to my heart was vehemently opposing me?

Whoever it is, is in for a kicking.

I am grateful for all the responses, it seems, as I assumed, we all want to understand something in a objective fashion.

Hahah, how lovely that our reasons for approaching a community differentiate us from it before we even set up camp on it's turf.

When I first came here, it was also to get their take on emotions and things. I was reading through type descriptions, and the INFJ one jumped out at me, above all the others, as "awesome!" I was also told by one that INTPs and INFJs are opposite sides of the same coin, so I was intrigued.

I ought to shush, because I haven't read too many threads here in a long time, but that was my original reason. I've been coming back recently because I'm sick of NTs and have time to kill. The INFJ "mysticism" vibe has died off, so I think of them a lot more like normal people now. I can also easily see where this clique-ish worry is coming from, as they do seem really prone to split off and make quiet little circles of trusted friends and ignore everyone else... but also I think many of them would enjoy this place a lot less, if it didn't have that, so I don't think it's such a terrible thing.

As for having trouble expressing and effectively managing emotion, melkor: are you so sure you want to do that? One of them did tell me, once, that they found it a relief to be around INTPs--the stoicism and inability to absorb (and reflect) other peoples' emotions made them feel like they could finally "rest" while around someone. It's not such a bad thing, to be INTP-y with your feelings.

I'm here to siphon off the cosmic energy of the INFJs.