No apologies

Aluni

Community Member
Oct 20, 2016
MBTI
Infj
Enneagram
6w5
After discovering your type, whats something you don't apologize for (or understand better) now?
For me it would be contradicting thoughts I have about the human race, love them one minute "lets just drop a bomb on the planet" the next.
Empathic feelings and Aha ideas out of the blue, this really made me think I was crazy...
Wish I knew this a long time ago.....

I am a woman who is smart, career driven, and has no desire to stay home with her kids and be a good little wife.

I don't know if that is type driven but I'm #sorrynotsorry

I don't apologize for my introversion. AT ALL. The world wants you to be extroverted. Nope. That's not to say I don't value extroversion, I do very much. I just extrovert on my time not other people's, and I don't feel guilty introverting for the majority of my time.

Yeah, I am more accepting of my personality, so rather than forcing myself to fit in, I enjoy it, and don't stress myself out about it, or feel something is wrong with me for not being how I should be as much. So, that's where no apologies comes in.

im not sorry for not socializing much and being "normal" like my brother and sisters. i'd rather be alone than pretend.

I'm not sorry for the multiple attempts I made at taking over the world.

I'm sorry I failed though.

I'm not sorry for the multiple attempts I made at taking over the world.

I'm sorry I failed though.
Come sit by me ... I already have a strong foothold in central Asia ... maybe we can work together ;)

Reactions: Stu and Tin Man
I guess I'm realising that I don't need to try so hard, in a sense, to be understood by everyone or approved of. Makes thing a bit more easy going- maybe for others as well as myself.

Come sit by me ... I already have a strong foothold in central Asia ... maybe we can work together ;)

Hm that is tempting, but I get the feeling I'll end up respecting you and so be less willing to stab you in the back.

I mean I'll still do it - I'll just be mildly conflicted about it.

My dominant introverted intuition. It is something most people simply can't relate to. I can contemplate for long periods of time without becoming bored. And excessive external stimulation can seem so unnecessary. Sometimes I will be sitting home alone deep in thought and I feel like I really need mental space to breath. It is almost like the television is on even though it is quiet. Now I understand how I can lose myself in the shower and time just disappears. Ni does not really sync up with our conventional notions of time and space. It is otherworldly and non rational. It really colors my personality and life style. And if you are INFJ or INTJ, both of which are Ni dominant, most likely you will be perceived as being somewhat strange and enigmatic, not to mention you will be familiar with alienation and intrigued by metaphysics. I don't apologize for operating this way and I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted to. And fortunately I don't.

I really really dislike being left alone with my own thoughts. This may be one reason I am so productive at work. At home I fill that space with anything that takes my mimd off them. TV, video games, alcohol music...
Otherwise I focus on all of my issues and generally sit there going over them a thousand different ways with no success of resolution. So its like living the same problem a thousand more lifetimes then normal.

Reactions: hn87c901 and Jet
@Eventhorizon
Oh no that sounds quite intense, do you have any interests outside work that could get you out of your head? Maybe it's a habit that could change by doing something differently, maybe even only one thing? Hobbies have helped a lot to keep me sane.

My dominant introverted intuition. It is something most people simply can't relate to. I can contemplate for long periods of time without becoming bored. And excessive external stimulation can seem so unnecessary. Sometimes I will be sitting home alone deep in thought and I feel like I really need mental space to breath. It is almost like the television is on even though it is quiet. Now I understand how I can lose myself in the shower and time just disappears. Ni does not really sync up with our conventional notions of time and space. It is otherworldly and non rational. It really colors my personality and life style. And if you are INFJ or INTJ, both of which are Ni dominant, most likely you will be perceived as being somewhat strange and enigmatic, not to mention you will be familiar with alienation and intrigued by metaphysics. I don't apologize for operating this way and I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted to. And fortunately I don't.

Wow! Thats exactly what I think too! I'll be at work or driving and suddenly realize I'm at my destination (Ok.... a little scary too:fearscream:) because my thoughts are more real than the real world when I get caught up in it. At work people will be like "What are you looking at?" I just tell them I'm meditating (its kind of true, I love being alone with my mind)
Ever since I saw the movie "Down the rabbit hole" I've been slightly obsessed with quantum mechanics (not like I'm smart but I really love the theories behind it) Truthfully I was not 100% sure about metaphysics, so I had too look it up.... Thanks!!! Something new to geek out on :smile: :kissingheart:

After discovering your type, whats something you don't apologise for (or understand better) now?

A regret because I better understand who I am now is my career choice. Knowing everything I know now, I would have chosen a humanitarian career. So for younger pups out there listening. Do not compromise on this one.

INFJ CAREERS
INFJs are likely to find that most corporate career paths are not designed for them, but for those focused on status and material gain. This doesn’t mean that people with the INFJ personality type struggle to see viable options though. In fact, they are likely to face the opposite problem – many INFJs struggle to begin a career early on because they see ten wildly different paths forward, each with its own intrinsic rewards, alluring but also heartbreaking, because each means abandoning so much else.

Truth, Beauty, Purpose
First and foremost, INFJs need to find meaning in their work, to know that they are helping and connecting with people – an INFJ Ferrari salesperson is a non-sequitur. This desire to help and connect makes careers in healthcare, especially the more holistic varieties, very rewarding for INFJs – roles as counselors, psychologists, doctors, life coaches and spiritual guides are all attractive options.

diplomats_Advocate_INFJ_career_path.png

^True, I think I'm an artist at heart, but when I needed to earn money I turned from waitressing to heath care because it fitted with my values more. My aunt got me a job as a girl Friday in my 20's at an advertising agency - but I was scarred off by the other secretaries and lasted no more than a day, probably a good job!
Health care appealed to me because it has a very interesting combination of tragic-comic and I learnt a tremendous amount about human nature, but it has never fulfilled me intellectually, probably why I'm now pursuing psychology. However I think that every intellectual field is limited because they address parts of the whole but are not connected to the bigger picture so academia disillusions me too.

Reactions: hn87c901 and Zen
@Eventhorizon
Oh no that sounds quite intense, do you have any interests outside work that could get you out of your head? Maybe it's a habit that could change by doing something differently, maybe even only one thing? Hobbies have helped a lot to keep me sane.
Yes. Unfortunately a majority of them cost money. Not all...but most. Unfortunately after that...my schedule is all over the board so it makes it difficult to get into a routine.