Nlp/mbti?

problemz

Community Member
Jun 6, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
SX 4 or 5
Has anyone ever seen a good correlation scheme between MBTI and NLP otherwise known as VARK? I would assume that auditory digital in VARK would be the same as INTP and INTJ, but I am also wondering if INFP and INFJ fit as auditory digital as well. I am definitely auditory digital (constantly talking to myself) but I feel I might possibly be an INFJ instead of an INTJ. The tests vary. What problems!

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with VARK. You'll have to elaborate.

It's a four category typology (visual, auditory, kinaesthetic) so is called Vak in some systems and VARK in some others. Youre supposed to use one of these cognitive functions and like it more than the others. There is a book Anne Linden called MBTI and NLP from 1988 that attempts to map a cross, but it's so obscure that it made no sense to me at all. They said the enneagram four was a kinaesthetic type and the six was auditory. But the auditory digital is the one I found interesting. You decide everything on logic and words. You don't listen to the senses, or get carried away by the senses. But you figure out what you do by logic but also by talking to yourself, sometimes out loud. I actually still talk out loud to myself and always have. I am testing the logic of the sentences and testing the weight of each word. I remember exact words people said twenty years later. I go over and over the words as some might the clothing or others the gestures. The INTJs had a forum on it and they were all auditory digitals. Some INFJS piped in and said they were too. But ENFPs and others were coming in and saying it wasn't even possible to be an auditory digital. I should find a link to a test but just google auditory digital and three free tests will pop up. It's cake. And the answers were absolutely clear for me for once. Usually I really can't decide the answers to the questions on tests.

Oh well since you're interested I tried to find a link. It's here:

http://my.ewb.ca/posts/13543/

At the end of this link is another link, to a free test, so you can see which one fits you. I hope some others will do it. The thing about the early book by Anne Linden is that they didn't have this fourth type (auditory digital) and I know nothing of their whereabouts or if they've updated their book which never made any sense to me. I learn by hlding the words in my head and thinking about the relationship of subject to verb to object and balancing fifty paragraphs in my head and absorbing and critiquing them. I mean, how can you learn otherwise? I guess people do, but I don't know how they would do it. It makes me wonder about my students. They can't even read Bartleby the Scrivener by Melville and follow it. Maybe they're on some other wave length. But how do I reach them? This other sensory way of learning is something I couldn't understand. But if there were only four VARK types then it would seem possible that they would divide the 16 MBTI types into four each. I just thought it might divide nicely. Maybe not. My guess: INFJ, INFP and also INTP and INTJ fit this type and it's why we're so good at reading and writing but not much else.

How wide spread is the utilization of VARK? I've never heard of it.

I never heard of it either until last week, when it popped up in something I was reading. It's an NLP staple. How widespread is NLP? (Neuro-linguistic programming)? The two sets woiuld be roughly equivalent.

I never heard of it either until last week, when it popped up in something I was reading. It's an NLP staple. How widespread is NLP? (Neuro-linguistic programming)? The two sets woiuld be roughly equivalent.

I'm not really sure, I've never heard of NLP being used in anything like this context and I've looked into it quite a bit. I'll have to look into it more.