Ni, ultimate ability | INFJ Forum

Ni, ultimate ability

Arising Tale

Regular Poster
Sep 22, 2014
MBTI
ENTJ
This offers no particular sequential order of explanation. Whcih people find boring to read anyway. I will throw examples which I think your intuitive minds can use to catch on my explanation. I think this is very simple explanation.
Ni seems to be very prone to failure by the way it functions.
If Ni develops and unlocks new abilities, what is it's ultimate abilities?

I think Ni's ultimate ability is Ultimate deduction. It shares some similarities with bit-coin mining.

Here's a decent exemple(Assuming the world generation seed applies without end), if you put a very intelligent Ni mind into a minecraft sandbox with no prior knowledge or certainty, it will eventually deduct that it's universe is the product of a number and an algorithm interpreting it). This finding would be the essence of the said universe.

''A smart mind does not always know the answer, but knows where to find it''
This calls for all that Ni can grow to. It requires extrapolations, interpolations and processing that with a complex learned algorithm would giving the intellect a sense of where the answer is and where to search (similarities to minesweeper), the process evolves towards results of less randomness until it arrives to a deduction that satisfies all known elements, presents a transcending logical relationship (the opposite of absurdity) and offers no alternative. Or otherwise it at-least narrows down things and simplifies them.
(like in sherlock holmes).

Finding an answer where step-by-step conviction perfect logic can't progress further. Where the Ni mind has no guaranteed premises. It explores in magnificent ways, that finds hope of reason where conventional logic stays stagnant.
Understanding it's world requires the out-most efficiency of all those processes. If processing power is lacking, the entire process may collapse backwards and will only restart at 50% of it's progress or 0.

It also seems all those techniques must work simultaneously, continuously in the realm of unknown in search for answers. That it has no choice but to be prepared with resources to react to findings and go with the flow.
Of course uncertain premises give nothing more then ifs ultimately. But the finding can't be any more satisfying in such circumstances, and if the mind is to find reason, it is the best choice.

Have I've done this with our universe? No, but I think it's the only way to push far-reaching philosophical speculation beyond a few very nice hypothesizes. Perhaps when our world would of flourished to the point, where spending for long periods of time ressources to this search, does not have moral consequences of inaction.

Last edited:
I think it's the apex of intellect, so let's all dance around it cult style. Praise and make anecdotes up.

Okay I basically agree with you, although some of your elaborations may have been a bit fantastical lol. If you've ever seen an Si user dance or gauge their own physical health with the sort of natural internal rhythm they have, it's similar to Ni except that instead of the muscles and nerves in our bodies we do it in our brains with thoughts and ideas. Ne by contrast is like the "bold manifestation" of abstraction--whether emotion or idea-based. So Ne has to get its internal rationale from another source, so to speak, as does Se. So you can pair it with Ti-Fe or Fi-Te and they all do different funny things. I would agree that Ni plus Ti is good for the kind of intellectual derping you're describing.