Never settling down in one place for long | INFJ Forum

Never settling down in one place for long

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I have been moving since my childhood from country to country and city to city. All in all, I must have moved over 30 residences in my lifetime. The longest I have spent in one house was 7 years and that was when I was a teenager.

I have discovered that I am not happy in one place for too long and am starting to worry that I will never be able to settle down. I lead a nomadic lifestyle, being on short-term academic contracts (far too common these days). Yet, if I had a tenure track job and had to live in one city for the rest of my life, I would probably not be satisfied.

How many times have YOU moved in your lifetime and was there ever a time when you said "enough with the moving. I will settle down"?

I've always had a bit of the wanderlust... Went to University for 3 years to 3 different universities because I wanted to live in different cities joined the military for excitement travel and adventure... One time for my secret security clearance I had to list every address I've lived in the last ten years... It was quite painful... At least 15 places by that time... I don't know how many now... Spent 8 years in 1 place before the military moved me again. I'm pretty sedentary now that I have a child...

Reactions: Sandie33